• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if you go early, like 6:00 am you should be able to get your laps in. The 'quiet' pools weren't gated when we were last there, so you should be OK, unless things have changed. During 'regular' daytime hours, you may have people using the lap pool just for fun - I don't think that many people expect it to be used as a training pool and would not think beyond it being a pool for fun that isn't themed. Most people would be respectful if they realize what you are trying to do, but there can be those that are less 'polite'.

Good luck!!
Thank you!!!!

I have a little confusion about Pepper Market and Cafe Rix. I was at CSR last fall for the first time, for a brief stay. Pepper Market had switched over to being like other Moderate Food Courts, but didn't open until 7am (I think). Earlier than that, you went to Cafe Rix for grab n' go and/or beverages.

My confusion is this: I was having a QS credit meal at Pepper Market. An entree, dessert and drink. However, there were very few drink choices at PM. I saw a cart of iced drinks that were the most common choices - coke products, iced tea and water. The cold drinks (except water) all contained sugar or sugar substitute. I don't like artificially sweetened drinks. At other food courts I've dealt with, Pop, POR, POFQ, etc., there were many cold drink choices and you could serve yourself, then take your entire QS meal to the cashier. At Pepper Market, if I had my QS entree and dessert, but wanted a drink from Cafe Rix, how would I do that?

One more question. Is there a microwave and toaster available for guests to use at either Cafe Rix or Pepper Market?

I have a little confusion about Pepper Market and Cafe Rix. I was at CSR last fall for the first time, for a brief stay. Pepper Market had switched over to being like other Moderate Food Courts, but didn't open until 7am (I think). Earlier than that, you went to Cafe Rix for grab n' go and/or beverages.

My confusion is this: I was having a QS credit meal at Pepper Market. An entree, dessert and drink. However, there were very few drink choices at PM. I saw a cart of iced drinks that were the most common choices - coke products, iced tea and water. The cold drinks (except water) all contained sugar or sugar substitute. I don't like artificially sweetened drinks. At other food courts I've dealt with, Pop, POR, POFQ, etc., there were many cold drink choices and you could serve yourself, then take your entire QS meal to the cashier. At Pepper Market, if I had my QS entree and dessert, but wanted a drink from Cafe Rix, how would I do that?

One more question. Is there a microwave and toaster available for guests to use at either Cafe Rix or Pepper Market?

I'm pretty sure you can't get the drink from Cafe Rix as part of the QS credit from PM. It would have to be a seperate purchase. I usually just got a bottled water with my meal.

I think there is a toaster and microwave available, but we've never used them. We've stayed in the Business Class rooms the last 2 stays and there lounge has both available which was obviously much closer to our room.

I looked online and couldn't see business class room offered. Do you call to add this? How much more is it?

I looked online and couldn't see business class room offered. Do you call to add this? How much more is it?

If you don't see business class rooms listed they are booked or not available for your full stay. It's approx 50 bucks over the standard price.

Hi all! We'll be staying at Coronado in 51 days. We were originally booked at Caribbean Beach but then received a pin code so we decided to splurge a little and switch to a business class room at Coronado. We'll be celebrating our 5 year anniversary. Yay!

Booked today for Free Dining! We will have DS,20 and his GF,20-her first trip! Definitely splurged on this one, booked a Junior Suite and upgraded to Deluxe on the dining plan. So excited about this especially because I thought we would be sitting this year out. ADRs are not easy right now, but I'm persistent, lol.

I didn't notice any different drinks at the two but I also didn't look super close.
Rix the drinks are all next to each other while pm they have a cooler before you pay then the soda by the seats.
Rix does have a microwave. It, along with other things like forks are off to the right and actually in the nicer lounge area so they can be hard to see/notice

As for free dining, I have always been one to take the room discounts but I got my final invoice yesterday and for six people we spent a total of $1500 on food and gifts.
More then in the past but the kids are getting older.
Still not really worth it to us though because just the "adults" is close to $150/day average

Last edited:
I didn't notice any different drinks at the two but I also didn't look super close. Rix the drinks are all next to each other while pm they have a cooler before you pay then the soda by the seats. Rix does have a microwave. It, along with other things like forks are off to the right and actually in the nicer lounge area so they can be hard to see/notice
At Pepper Market I saw an iced cart with sugary sodas, diet sodas, sweet tea, water. I'm diabetic and I don't like artificial sweetener. Other Disney food courts (Values, Moderates, and Deluxe) also have milk, choc milk, V-8, iced coffee in a can, OJ & other juice, sports drinks, and made-to-order espresso drinks. None of those at Pepper Market. At least some of those are at Cafe Rix. That's why I wondered if I could go to Cafe Rix for my QS beverage. Sort-of like at POR, where you can have ice cream on the QS plan. They stamp your receipt, and you return for the ice cream after your meal (instead of it sitting there melting on your tray while you eat your meal).

At Pepper Market I saw an iced cart with sugary sodas, diet sodas, sweet tea, water. I'm diabetic and I don't like artificial sweetener. Other Disney food courts (Values, Moderates, and Deluxe) also have milk, choc milk, V-8, iced coffee in a can, OJ & other juice, sports drinks, and made-to-order espresso drinks. None of those at Pepper Market. At least some of those are at Cafe Rix. That's why I wondered if I could go to Cafe Rix for my QS beverage. Sort-of like at POR, where you can have ice cream on the QS plan. They stamp your receipt, and you return for the ice cream after your meal (instead of it sitting there melting on your tray while you eat your meal).

When we were at CSR in December there was milk, choc milk, orange juice available in the cooler.

Hi all! We'll be staying at Coronado in 51 days. We were originally booked at Caribbean Beach but then received a pin code so we decided to splurge a little and switch to a business class room at Coronado. We'll be celebrating our 5 year anniversary. Yay!

Oooo! Lucky you! :)

When we were at CSR in December there was milk, choc milk, orange juice available in the cooler.
Yes. I also saw those options in April. The were along the wall in the cooler doors near the register.
these are what I was referring to as well
I didn't see any carts but the cooler to the right of the registers had the same choices as rix

Confused that my story is different from others about the drinks at PM. While I was waiting for my sandwich, I was looking around for which drink to get. There wasn't a cooler next to the registers. Just a cart, waist-high, filled with ice and selected drinks. I was searching for V-8 or unsweetened iced tea, and I asked two different CMs about it. They pointed to the cart and said that was all there was. This was in Sept 2014.

I was there last week and yes there was a cooler near the registers with milk and juice and such. My son used it often for his drink with the kids meals. I don't remember seeing things like unsweetened tea or V8 though.

No I did not see a toaster or microwave. I did find packets of peanut butter though in the morning at the station near the soda machines.

Confused that my story is different from others about the drinks at PM. While I was waiting for my sandwich, I was looking around for which drink to get. There wasn't a cooler next to the registers. Just a cart, waist-high, filled with ice and selected drinks. I was searching for V-8 or unsweetened iced tea, and I asked two different CMs about it. They pointed to the cart and said that was all there was. This was in Sept 2014.

We were there Dec 2014, so a few months after you. PM went through a transformation so it's possible that cooler wasn't there yet when you were there. It is there now though! :)

This august will be my first time staying at Coronado and usually frequent PORFQ but have been known to stray over to the boardwalk, so I have a few questions for you all! Firstly, we are booked in a preferred room, i know that generally means we would be in casitas but it just seems so far from the main pool? any advice on what we should request? :) secondly, are the private pools gated? we enjoy our late night swims and unfortunately that isn't a possibility at some resorts. Thanks all! :)

This august will be my first time staying at Coronado and usually frequent PORFQ but have been known to stray over to the boardwalk, so I have a few questions for you all! Firstly, we are booked in a preferred room, i know that generally means we would be in casitas but it just seems so far from the main pool? any advice on what we should request? :) secondly, are the private pools gated? we enjoy our late night swims and unfortunately that isn't a possibility at some resorts. Thanks all! :)

I am with you! We are also going in August and it will be our first time at CSR. We've stayed at POR and I loved it there, but wanted to try something new. I am so excited!

This august will be my first time staying at Coronado and usually frequent PORFQ but have been known to stray over to the boardwalk, so I have a few questions for you all! Firstly, we are booked in a preferred room, i know that generally means we would be in casitas but it just seems so far from the main pool? any advice on what we should request? :)
If it's available, I'd switch from preferred to business class. I think the price is the same and you get a better location and access to the lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter