• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
there seems to be some pretty deep distaste for the Ranchos locations. Even my fiancée looked at them and was not interested in their look.

When I looked at the Requests on MDE it gave me a check box for Ranchos and Cabanas but not Casitas. The Casitas she liked because of the fountains but everyone seems to recommend the Cabanas. I don't care either way, but since she noted that she didn't like the Ranchos so much should I call and request Casitas/Cabanas? I did check the box for "Close to Transportation" is all so far.

Ranchos are good for those looking for solitude. 6A has some nice waterview rooms of the lake and close to the main pool. 6b is close to bus stop #3. 7b has a quiet pool, laundry and close to main pool and stop #4. I like them

I have a 7 year old boy too so undoubtedly he will want to be as close to the Dig Site as possible. I am just not as interested in carrying 40-50 pound wet noodle from a long distance to our room after being at MK until 1am next Thursday

Our very first trip to CSR we were assigned a room in Ranchos 7B. We were instantly very disappointed because from what we read Ranchos was the last place we wanted to be. We had requested Cabanas 9B and it wasn't met (there was know Business Class back then). There was a WDW wide reservation system upgrade going on that night and the
CM said she couldn't search for other rooms that evening, but to comeback in the morning if we wanted to be moved.

When we got to our room we liked it so much we never requested the switch. We had a wonderful room overlooking the quiet pool in Ranchos 7B. The view was great, the main pool was a 2 min walk, bustop was close. Only real downside was a little farther from the food court than some rooms. Not unbearable, but it was about a 5-7 min walk.

Having now stayed at the resort numerous times it wouldn't be the location I would request but it did have its charms and sometimes it's fun to just play the hand your dealt! :)

With the new Business Class designation we've been spoiled by being able to guarantee that location and I'm not sure we could settle for anything less now. ;)

Although I've yet to be at CSR (will be in September) I think I may be the only person ever, but I want anywhere but Cabanas. I love the look of Casitas with the fountains and Spanish style architecture and the theming of Ranchos looks amazing. Cabanas is too Caribbean Beach looking in my opinion.

This thread is so large, I'm sure what I need to know is buried deep in here somewhere -but... not enough time to scour every page for the answer.

Question, does CS have the option of a roll away cot. We had one at Pop in 2013 and the $15 a night cost was the best spent money that trip! lol.

We are thinking a Cabana room near the quiet pool in case that should make a difference in the request for a cot.

Thank's in advance for any help provided! :)

Question about going to Magic Kingdom from Coronado. I will have a rental car, but I'm wondering if I might be better off taking the shuttle bus. The Unofficial guide book says that it actually takes less time on the shuttle, and if I drive it looks like I'd have to take a tram or the monorail to the entrance. What have been your experiences? Thanks!

Correct, if you drive, you will have to park at the TTC and take a ferry or monorail to the park entrance. Bus drops you off at the park entrance

Just 5 more days and I'll be at CSR! I requested cabanas 9A waterview but I would be happy with anything in cabanas. I know if I get ranchos I'm asking for a change but I'm not sure what to do if they offer me casitas? I guess I could just say I would prefer cabanas and see if they have anything. We're checking in around 1 PM so I hope that gives me more options.
WOw, we have almost the same trip! LOL! We will be there Monday for DS17 graduation trip. We asked for 1pm check in and for cabanas. We have 2 rooms. I think I would take Casitas, but I will turn down ranchos. It's just too far!

Although I've yet to be at CSR (will be in September) I think I may be the only person ever, but I want anywhere but Cabanas. I love the look of Casitas with the fountains and Spanish style architecture and the theming of Ranchos looks amazing. Cabanas is too Caribbean Beach looking in my opinion.
Absolutely 100% agree!!! Cabanas looks too much like CBR. And we LOVE Ranchos. We also had an experience that the first time we ended up at Ranchos was not by choice.... we checked in late, not any other rooms except in Cabanas 8A. So we went with Ranchos 6B and LOVE, LOVE, LOVED IT!! We still prefer Casitas, but Ranchos is 2nd.

Absolutely 100% agree!!! Cabanas looks too much like CBR. And we LOVE Ranchos. We also had an experience that the first time we ended up at Ranchos was not by choice.... we checked in late, not any other rooms except in Cabanas 8A. So we went with Ranchos 6B and LOVE, LOVE, LOVED IT!! We still prefer Casitas, but Ranchos is 2nd.

I am the same! Granted, I haven't actually been there yet :) But based on the pictures online I think the Ranchos and Casitas both look so cute and fun and I don't love the Cabanas area nearly so much. I guess we'll see once I actually get there!

WOw, we have almost the same trip! LOL! We will be there Monday for DS17 graduation trip. We asked for 1pm check in and for cabanas. We have 2 rooms. I think I would take Casitas, but I will turn down ranchos. It's just too far!

I think I talked to you before b/c this is also my dd's grad trip! Look for the mickey grad ears!

I stayed in Ranchos last month (6A, I believe). Really, not "far" at all as a map might make it seem - from the pool (Big Dig) that is. Yes, quite a distance from the main building/food court.

I think I talked to you before b/c this is also my dd's grad trip! Look for the mickey grad ears!
I thought that was you!! I order the mickey ears last month =) We just need to have hid name put on it in the park. We also ordered a graduation cake we are picking up from Boardwalk Bakery. I can't believe he graduates SATURDAY!!!!

This makes me wonder....I requested Cabanas area for our trip in October because it looks to be in the middle of the Dig Site pool and the main building. Now you got me thinking, I am not sure about the look of the Cabanas if you say they are more like CBR's buildings because I am not too fond of the look of that resort, instead I may want to request Ranchos which actually is something that has been a bit more appealing to me, I am just a little nervous about how far away it is from the main building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter