• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave tomorrow afternoon for our first stay at CSR! Has anyone done online check in recently? Was it worth it?

This makes me wonder....I requested Cabanas area for our trip in October because it looks to be in the middle of the Dig Site pool and the main building. Now you got me thinking, I am not sure about the look of the Cabanas if you say they are more like CBR's buildings because I am not too fond of the look of that resort, instead I may want to request Ranchos which actually is something that has been a bit more appealing to me, I am just a little nervous about how far away it is from the main building.

http://www.geodistance.com/

You can map out the walks here. From the middle of Ranchos to the Main Building its about 0.4 miles. That's about 5-7 minutes. Not very far.

http://www.geodistance.com/

You can map out the walks here. From the middle of Ranchos to the Main Building its about 0.4 miles. That's about 5-7 minutes. Not very far.

Thank you so much....it looks like it isn't a bad walk at all. To tell you the truth, I don't mind the walk it's my DH who wanted me to request the Cabanas for the reasons that I mentioned before. I think if I showed him this, he will see it's not that far too, plus my kids will be 12 and 14 at the time of our trip, so it's not like we are pushing strollers....my girls could easily walk that :goodvibes.

Thank you so much....it looks like it isn't a bad walk at all. To tell you the truth, I don't mind the walk it's my DH who wanted me to request the Cabanas for the reasons that I mentioned before. I think if I showed him this, he will see it's not that far too, plus my kids will be 12 and 14 at the time of our trip, so it's not like we are pushing strollers....my girls could easily walk that :goodvibes.

You always have the option of taking the bus loop too.

:wave:

Just saw this NoC (Notice of Commencement) regarding the CSR ROOM REHAB. The NoC covers buildings: 1-6A/B, 7A/B, 8A/B and 9A/B. The expiration date is 9/16 so work will presumably be finished prior to that date.

PCL has worked on BCV, Aulani, WWOHP, LMA!, VWL, EE...

About the contractor:

PCL’s Orlando office is a construction contractor that specializes in commercial construction services. It also has considerable in-house expertise in the construction of smaller scale projects including renovations and tenant fitouts.

Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 3.17.49 PM.png

Last edited:

FWIW - I thought the resort looked so much prettier in person than it did online. We were actually in Casitas, but we walked around the entire resort and I was surprised at how much I liked the look of the Cabanas. I thought they were ugly in the pictures I had seen but I loved them.
Our kids were 11, 15 and 19 at the time of travel and we didn't have any issues walking the resort. The resort is big, but quite manageable. While I might not recommend it for those with major mobility issues, if you are a group where everyone can walk the theme parks on their own then you will be fine.
We ended up loving the resort and theming!

FWIW - I thought the resort looked so much prettier in person than it did online. We were actually in Casitas, but we walked around the entire resort and I was surprised at how much I liked the look of the Cabanas. I thought they were ugly in the pictures I had seen but I loved them.
Our kids were 11, 15 and 19 at the time of travel and we didn't have any issues walking the resort. The resort is big, but quite manageable. While I might not recommend it for those with major mobility issues, if you are a group where everyone can walk the theme parks on their own then you will be fine.
We ended up loving the resort and theming!

I would also add that this is a resort that you need to walk after dark as well. It's quite amazingly beautiful all lit up at night!

Hi, first trip beginning Sept is coming up. We have a queen junior suite booked and from I've learned either in Casitas 1 or 3.

Question which direction is fastest to dig site? My mom was thinking taking the bus from casitas to ranchos stop?? Or looking at google maps driving from parking lot casitas 1 to 5.

We are walkers but we keep reading how far casitas from dig site are. Esp. 1 and 3.

1. Thursday we are going to MK and they have the early entrance of 8am. Take a cab or are the shuttles good enough?

2. What time should be curbside to get to MK around 7:30 (park opens at 8)

3. About how much is a cab from CSR to AKL? Family wants to see the animals. Looks like it is a 3 mile drive, shame we don't have bikes, that would be so easy

1. Thursday we are going to MK and they have the early entrance of 8am. Take a cab or are the shuttles good enough?

2. What time should be curbside to get to MK around 7:30 (park opens at 8)

3. About how much is a cab from CSR to AKL? Family wants to see the animals. Looks like it is a 3 mile drive, shame we don't have bikes, that would be so easy

1. I would take the bus. If you take a cab it will drop you at the Ticket and Transportation Center. Then you'll have to take the monorail or boat over to MK. The bus will drop you off right in front of MK.
2. I would be at the bus stop at 6:30.
3. Probably around $12.

Thank you.

Now, to be fair...taking the monorail to MK for 2 first timers (my fiancée and my son) IMHO, is akin to that opening scene in Jurassic Park when they arrive. Would that be just asking for trouble and a madhouse?

Hi, first trip beginning Sept is coming up. We have a queen junior suite booked and from I've learned either in Casitas 1 or 3.

Question which direction is fastest to dig site? My mom was thinking taking the bus from casitas to ranchos stop?? Or looking at google maps driving from parking lot casitas 1 to 5.

We are walkers but we keep reading how far casitas from dig site are. Esp. 1 and 3.

Casitas 1 is no more than a 5 min walk to Digsite. Casitas 3 might be 6-7 mins. People greatly exxagerate the walking distances at CSR.

The jogging trail around the entire resort is only 3/4 of a mile so the furthest away you could be is .4 of a mile.

Thank you.

Now, to be fair...taking the monorail to MK for 2 first timers (my fiancée and my son) IMHO, is akin to that opening scene in Jurassic Park when they arrive. Would that be just asking for trouble and a madhouse?

If you're really concerned the bus won't get you there on time I would take a taxi to the Contemporary Resort and walk over to MK. It's a 10 min walk at most.

Happy to report I'm here at CSR and LOVING it!! We did get our room requests!!! Woohoo! We are cabanas 8A right next to pool and drinks/snacks PLUS we got our connected rooms! I would have settled for same floor, but inside connecting rooms are perfect!

I'm so excited that we will be staying at CSR in less than 2 weeks! This is a last minute trip--just decided last week. At first I booked 4 nights Business class, then we decided we wanted a 5th night, and the 5th night was unavailable :( They were able to get us 5 nights at POFQ. I was bummed because I've stayed at POFQ before, wasn't really impressed, and had really wanted to try CSR!
So today I called to ask if there were any openings at CSR (maybe someone had cancelled...) and they were able to get us our 5 nights! Unfortunately, this time its not business class, but that's ok!

I'm so excited about the pools---I think my kids will love the main pool, but I am curious about the lap pool. I am training for triathlon, and would like to get in some laps--and I see that CSR has the only lap pool on property! Sweet! I know in my own neighborhood pool a lot of people use our lap pool just for "fun"--and sometimes when swimming laps there will be people in the lap lane throwing balls, generally goofing around, etc.
Is that the case at this pool too? Are people generally respectful of someone trying to swim laps? Or will it be impossible to get in laps because of everyone else in there playing around? Is there a specific time of day I could try to increase the chances that the lap pool won't be so crowded? I had planned on going quite early--maybe 6 am? Is it even open that early?

Thanks!

I think that if you go early, like 6:00 am you should be able to get your laps in. The 'quiet' pools weren't gated when we were last there, so you should be OK, unless things have changed. During 'regular' daytime hours, you may have people using the lap pool just for fun - I don't think that many people expect it to be used as a training pool and would not think beyond it being a pool for fun that isn't themed. Most people would be respectful if they realize what you are trying to do, but there can be those that are less 'polite'.

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter