Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone snap me pictures looking at the floor in a few spots? I'm trying to see where I might be able to fit a pack-n-play. We have booked a room with beds for 5 of us plus the crib for our baby, so it's going to be a tight fit! Most pics are looking straight ahead to show off the room, but I need to see the floor space beside the beds (by bathroom wall and by the window) as well as around the dressers and in the sink area. I would really love to have things planned out before I arrive. Trying to get our baby to nap/sleep in a busy room is going to take an amazing strategy!
I've read where people have said they put theirs in the sink area, and were able to close the curtain to keep some of the noise out so the baby could sleep while everyone else watched tv and things. Sorry I don't have any pictures (haven't stayed there yet). :)

Are the sliding doors quiet? I loved the old colors of the room, not sure if I like the new colors looks a lot like CSR. Old Port Royal has nice bright colors. Just my opinion.
image.jpg

We had thought about maybe "upgrading" to a pirate room (my boys are obsessed with pirates) until I saw the picture of the half mattress. It looks miserable, and I don't think we want to sleep on really uncomfortable beds for 9 nights! I'll probably end up swapping to a dang pirate room for the boys..let's just hope they really DO do a refurb and switch those out! pirate:
We stayed in a pirate room the first year and had no problems with the comfort of the beds. Now of course this was our first trip to Disney and we stayed at the parks all day, so we probably could have slept on a rock! My daughter loved the rooms and I thought they were themed really well!

Sounds like bringing something from home for breakfast is my best bet. I mean who would want to waste a snack credit on something so boring. I would much rather use them on something like cupcakes! Thank you for letting me know, I'm new to this whole dining plan thing. :thanks:
Not sure how long you are staying and if you will be there during the Food & Wine Festival. If you are, there are some great options for snack credits!! popcorn::

Are the sliding doors quiet? I loved the old colors of the room, not sure if I like the new colors looks a lot like CSR. Old Port Royal has nice bright colors. Just my opinion.

Yes, they are pretty quiet.

We stayed in a pirate room the first year and had no problems with the comfort of the beds. Now of course this was our first trip to Disney and we stayed at the parks all day, so we probably could have slept on a rock! My daughter loved the rooms and I thought they were themed really well!
Maybe I will upgrade to a pirate room then! Thanks!!

Not sure how long you are staying and if you will be there during the Food & Wine Festival. If you are, there are some great options for snack credits!! popcorn::

We are going to the F&W festival for the first time as well. I did read that you can use snack credits for a good amount of the food samples at the kiosks. Super excited for that as well! Still in hopes for a free dining plan. We are going either way though. does anyone know if the CBR preferred rooms are normally included in the FD plan?

Thank you for the replies! I would still love pictures if any of you think of it while you are there. We don't go until the fall. I don't want the crib to block us out of the bathroom at night. I would be neat if the crib blocked only half of the sink floor space, so our other children can still visit the potty lol. So, again, I'd love pictures of different floor areas. :) Thank you to everyone who has responded!

Thank you for the replies! I would still love pictures if any of you think of it while you are there. We don't go until the fall. I don't want the crib to block us out of the bathroom at night. I would be neat if the crib blocked only half of the sink floor space, so our other children can still visit the potty lol. So, again, I'd love pictures of different floor areas. :) Thank you to everyone who has responded!

Actually, it won't block any of the sink area. To the right of the sink there is a wall with a shelf and hangers. The pak-n-play will fit against that wall and won't even be seen from the bed area of the room. It's like a little cubby made just for it.

Again, sorry I don't have any pictures. Didn't think of it at the time.

Ok, this picture is actually from a room at Coronado. For some reason there are like no pictures of the sink/hanging area at Carribbean lol I'm not familiar with the size of the pack n plays but I cant imagine they would stick out that much. The sink areas at Caribbean actually have two basins, so if anything it MIGHT partially block one sink?

Attachments

• DSC_3932.jpg
    DSC_3932.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 29
Here's a few pictures of the bathrooms post renovation for you to look at! AlthoughIMG_0107.JPG IMG_0108.JPG IMG_0104.JPG IMG_0110.JPG you may notice this is a King room .. the bathrooms are all the same.

I was wondering if Im the only one that preferred the room decor before the refurb? Its just not Caribbean enough for me..not enough bright colors

AND i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned to you that you can get amazing savoury snacks as well that can fill the gap between meals .. EPCOT gives you the option of Lobster Bisque or a ham & cheese croissant in France to name just 2. Just make sure you look for this symbol on every menu board to figure out what you can grab Don't forget to ask at every sit-down place what is available for your "drink" ... at the Plaza and 50's Prime Time you can get a milkshake, some Counter Service places have a few different things offered at dinner that are larger .. take the time to look at the menus on AllEars since they are updated regularly by people who have actually eaten there. http://allears.net/dining/
I absolutely LOVE the ham and cheese croissants in France! yummy!!

I was wondering if Im the only one that preferred the room decor before the refurb? Its just not Caribbean enough for me..not enough bright colors

I prefer the bright colors, old port royal is nice and bright also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter