• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the kids tried to wade their feet in water on our first trip to CBR, staff came over and pointed to the sign that says no swimming. Something about snakes and such. But the kids do play at the beach. At the food court kids meals were put in a sand bucket, not sure if they still do that though!

Actually, this is the really scary thing to be wary of:

http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-eating-amoeba

Yeah, for a long time, that would have been considered early. We got our DME letter/tags for our November trip in January. I booked our flights, put it into DME online, and a couple of weeks later, there they were! Who knows...
I am leaving a few days before she is and I don't have mine yet. No biggie though...I surely don't need them yet. lol

View from925copy.jpg 5538 Aruba. Sorry about the quality I was trying to get a picture of the rain (it was pouring)

Hello! New to the forum and to disney vacations. After looking at crazy amounts of information here and some other sites, I decided on CBR for me and my son next October! So excited!

Awesome! You'll love it.

Hi, we requested a first floor because I can't imagine lugging a heavy stroller, bags and whatever else up a flight of stairs; after a long day at the parks. However, being this is our first time at this resort I'm wondering if you can hear neighbors coming in late and such? Noise above? Would love your input, thanks!

We heard what sounded like people running above us on two occasions, but for the most part, you don't hear much of anything.

Just booked our trip! For the package I got, We are in an Water View room. I would have done standard or preferred, but the only option was water view. What building should I request??? We mostly want easy access to the food court (COFFEE in the morning is extremely important!) and since it will be late November, pools are not that big of a deal. I think we'll actually try swimming this time. Last time we were at POR in November we thought the swimmers were crazy!

Hello! New to the forum and to disney vacations. After looking at crazy amounts of information here and some other sites, I decided on CBR for me and my son next October! So excited!

Welcome!

It is overwhelming, isn't it? By all means be as prepared as you can be but also realize that not everything will be perfect and you definitely can't do it all the first time. Go with the idea that this will be a learning experience and that will take a lot of the stress out of your vacation. I think CBR is a good first visit resort. It was ours and we just keep on going back there. The first time we were guests of DW's parents and to say the least, I just wasn't "into" the trip at all. But that changed by the end of the week there. We had no ADRs, no idea about Fastpasses (didn't even get a single one on the first trip), but we sure had a blast of a time even though it was a very crowded Easter week. We were planning the next trip before the plane was in the air heading home. Enjoy all of it!

Welcome!

It is overwhelming, isn't it? By all means be as prepared as you can be but also realize that not everything will be perfect and you definitely can't do it all the first time. Go with the idea that this will be a learning experience and that will take a lot of the stress out of your vacation. I think CBR is a good first visit resort. It was ours and we just keep on going back there. The first time we were guests of DW's parents and to say the least, I just wasn't "into" the trip at all. But that changed by the end of the week there. We had no ADRs, no idea about Fastpasses (didn't even get a single one on the first trip), but we sure had a blast of a time even though it was a very crowded Easter week. We were planning the next trip before the plane was in the air heading home. Enjoy all of it!

Thank you very much! I know of the "analysis paralysis" which can come from too many choices. I'm definitely seeing this as the first of many more vacations if we like the experience!

I have heard from a reliable source that sometime in July CBR will have beverage servers walking around the Main Feature pool taking orders. Stay tuned.....

Ooo, this is great news! I love when resorts offer this feature. It'll be super easy to order with the magic bands.

I have heard from a reliable source that sometime in July CBR will have beverage servers walking around the Main Feature pool taking orders. Stay tuned.....
Nice! I just read they will also be at Port Orleans this summer. Sounds delightful:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter