• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just returned from a week stay (6/20-6/27). First stay at CBR and LOVED IT. Would definitely return. We did the TP fax and requested a top floor Martinique room. We reserved a preferred room which I do recommend. We arrived at 11am and it wasn't ready (not sure exactly what room they had us slated for), but did have another preferred second floor room in Trinidad North ready. We took it since a room being ready was most important to us. We didn't have much preference for view, and received a courtyard view which was fine. Check in process was easy at the Custom house. I will say that getting your bags from the lot to your room is quite a haul...we drive and bring a lot of stuff. Next time, we may opt to use bell hops now that we know how far the walk can be. They don't have carts to use. We were impressed with the room. The murphy bed was great (room 3247), and the pool is awesome!! The food court is yummy. We thought the bus system was quite efficient and typically didn't wait for a bus more than 10 minutes. That was a pleasant surprise. The internal stops didn't bother us as they are very quick. We did have one bad experience with a HS bus taking almost an hour one morning (and we missed rope drop). That seemed to be an anomoly though. The buses were also quick to pick us up at parks as well. The resort is gorgeous. We cant wait to return! Let me know if you have any questions!

I will be packing ASAP...we aren't until November, but I've already started buying some small things to pack, like sunscreen, facial wipes, pins, vinylmations, custom shirts etc lol. We don't travel much, so we don't use the suitcases.

Hi, we requested a first floor because I can't imagine lugging a heavy stroller, bags and whatever else up a flight of stairs; after a long day at the parks. However, being this is our first time at this resort I'm wondering if you can hear neighbors coming in late and such? Noise above? Would love your input, thanks!

Hi, we requested a first floor because I can't imagine lugging a heavy stroller, bags and whatever else up a flight of stairs; after a long day at the parks. However, being this is our first time at this resort I'm wondering if you can hear neighbors coming in late and such? Noise above? Would love your input, thanks!

We prefer 2nd floor as we have been without a stroller and bags for years now. But we have been on the 1st floor and could not hear anything above us or outside noise at all.

I have stayed on 1st and 2nd and never heard anyone! pixiedust:

I won't post this is it will offend anyone since this is NOT the space to start a flood of negative posts BUT my daughter and her new wife just got the pictures back from their wedding. I would LOVE to share one (ok maybe 2 so you can "see" me) but if there is anyone who would rather not see them PLEASE be honest and send me a PM. I will not be offended nor hurt ... my skin has grown incredibly thick after dealing with horrid remarks from BLOOD RELATIVES.

To all of you who are either there, just back or excitedly counting down your visits

Hi there! I tried to send a PM, but I couldn't. Was the wedding at CBR??? There is another thread which is only CBR pictures and I am sure the pictures would be more welcome there. Congratulations to your daughter and her wife as they begin their new lives together. I have two daughters, and I look forward to the day that they fall in love. :D

We are 43 days out and can't wait. we have a pirate themed room, how close are they to the food court?.

We are 43 days out and can't wait. we have a pirate themed room, how close are they to the food court?.

Trinidad South is where the Pirate Rooms are located. Those rooms are the farthest rooms from the Food Court and the Main Feature Pool. From the furthest point of Trinidad South will be about 11 minutes to the Food Court and Main Pool. The closest point of Trinidad South will be about 8 minutes. And it is a beautiful walk. There is a boat that now goes from Trinidad South to the Food Court and Main Pool. Check out the map in Post #1 of this thread to see what I mean.

Trinidad South is where the Pirate Rooms are located. Those rooms are the farthest rooms from the Food Court and the Main Feature Pool. From the furthest point of Trinidad South will be about 11 minutes to the Food Court and Main Pool. The closest point of Trinidad South will be about 8 minutes. And it is a beautiful walk. There is a boat that now goes from Trinidad South to the Food Court and Main Pool. Check out the map in Post #1 of this thread to see what I mean.

Thank you

That is really early. :)

Yeah, for a long time, that would have been considered early. We got our DME letter/tags for our November trip in January. I booked our flights, put it into DME online, and a couple of weeks later, there they were! Who knows...

I am trying to swing a split stay between CBR and POP if I can swing it, and there is availability. I have to decide today LOL
My only concern is distance due to mobility issues. We usually stay at POP in the 50s section Building One so we are close to the food court and busses.
If we stay at CBR should I request preferred room at Martinique. Which buildings are about the same distance to the food court as our stay at POP?
Another silly question...I love the beach and hammocks....Are you allowed to swim in the water on the beach or is swimming only in the pools?
Thanks....

I am trying to swing a split stay between CBR and POP if I can swing it, and there is availability. I have to decide today LOL
My only concern is distance due to mobility issues. We usually stay at POP in the 50s section Building One so we are close to the food court and busses.
If we stay at CBR should I request preferred room at Martinique. Which buildings are about the same distance to the food court as our stay at POP?
Another silly question...I love the beach and hammocks....Are you allowed to swim in the water on the beach or is swimming only in the pools?
Thanks....

We have also stayed at POP bldg 50 and just returned from a preferred room in Trinidad North. We felt the distance was comparable to food court/pool. Martinique would also be same distance as they are both preferred rooms. Your bus stop will be closer than POP since they have one at each building. As for the beach, you can't swim in the water but the hammocks and sand are lovely.

Thanks....
When the kids tried to wade their feet in water on our first trip to CBR, staff came over and pointed to the sign that says no swimming. Something about snakes and such. But the kids do play at the beach. At the food court kids meals were put in a sand bucket, not sure if they still do that though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter