Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a preferred room book, can I request a specific building and if so which would you request? First Timer at CBR

The beach, overlooking the lake, with Old Port Royale as the backdrop. It made me happy every time we exited the room :)

Beautiful! What building was that? We paid for the water view and would prefer this over the pool.

We had a murphy bed in Aruba 5515.

Slightly off topic, don't you just love the view from that building?

When were you there? We were there from 6/8-6/19.

Our room was on the back side of the building so our view was of trees. We were there from 6/20-6/27.

Beautiful! What building was that? We paid for the water view and would prefer this over the pool.

I had to walk down to the main walkway to get that shot, but we were facing that direction in our room. We were in Aruba 55, water view. We originally got placed in Trinidad North, but didn't like the location and were able to get it switched.

Well, I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for planning tips however, two of my trip mates cancelled. Both were the ones who desperately wanted to stay at CBR. So the remaining two of us are moving over to POFQ. Gonna save CBR for 2016 when my two friends can go again! Thanks again!

Touring Plans has page with a photo taken showing the view from every room in every WDW resort. We have used it a few times to request specific rooms with great success.

Bears don't bother me at all since we have quite a few around where we live. Never had a single issue with them, just keep your distance. What we don't have here are snakes of any size- just small garter snakes but they're very shy and absolutely harmless. What worries me is that I have no idea of what kinds are harmless and which are not. I feel a bit "Indy" about snakes, I'm afraid!
General rule of thumb with snakes...if they rattle or are pretty, stay away! It might sound stupid but, it's the truth. :)

Has anyone started a list of which rooms have been reported to have a murphy bed? With the new availability and success of several people using touring plans to request their room of choice, it would be beneficial to know if the room we like/are requesting has a murphy bed or not. I would also like to see if there is a pattern and if certain rooms in every building have murphy beds.

I've been looking for the size of the windows of the Pirate rooms so I can start making window decorations. Anyone know where this info is?

Has anyone started a list of which rooms have been reported to have a murphy bed? With the new availability and success of several people using touring plans to request their room of choice, it would be beneficial to know if the room we like/are requesting has a murphy bed or not. I would also like to see if there is a pattern and if certain rooms in every building have murphy beds.

I'll start the list right now.

3253 (Trinidad North)
5515 (Aruba)

I'm sure there are more, but you have to start somewhere :)

I'll start the list right now.

3253 (Trinidad North)
5515 (Aruba)

I'm sure there are more, but you have to start somewhere :)

I know that there was a pull down bed in my daughter and husband's room and possibly in one of our other travel party's room. I'll text my daughter and ask.

The first page has been updated to include the non-corner room window size. In the post that contains pictures of the rooms with pull down beds, I have started a list of room numbers that have those. If anyone stays in a room that sleeps five, please post your room number so that it can be added to the list. THANKS!

Just got back from a 5 night stay at CBR. This was our first time here after staying twice at POFQ. We did the online check-in and requested corner room, upper floor and got both. I have a subscription to Touring Plans, but did not use their faxing service. This trip we decided to drive down and around 11:30 on the morning we were arriving I got the text message that our room was ready: Trinidad North, Building 31, Room 3161. It's a corner room on the 2nd floor facing the courtyard with a slight view of the lake. The stairs were close and we were able to park our van in the first spot underneath the big oak tree in the shade, so it was easy getting to our luggage and the cooler we brought.

The room was great, bigger than POFQ and it had the Murphy bed. My oldest DD(9) claimed it the first night and loved it. My youngest DD(8) was quite content to have a queen sized bed all to her own. We were the first building next to OPR so our walk was less than 2 minutes - straight across the parking lot.

Quick service dining was good, no complaints other than the Cuban items (sandwich, breakfast sandwich) were a little bland. Never had any issues finding seats no matter what time we went in. We didn't try Shutters, so no comments there.

The pool was great - kids loved it. Finding seats there was a bit of a challenge, but we managed. Lucked out and got the same table that is tucked in right behind the pool on the lakeside twice. Third time we ended up having to sit over in the kid's area. NBD.

Buses were fine. We waited about 20 minutes once, but other than that they were relatively quick. No real complaints.

We really enjoyed it overall. Wife loved the room and the resort. I liked it, but prefer the size and feel of POFQ. Fewer bus stops, boat option to DTD/DS, smaller. Just my opinion. I'd stay at CBR again for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter