Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

So I know Boardwalk does not have a lot of CS options, but it says on the Leaping Horse Libations Disney page they are open to 9. Does this mean we can order dinner by the pool one night?

Not sure if they stop serving food at a certain time, but we had lunch there twice and I'm pretty sure it comes from the BW Bakery (at least some of the sandwiches). I wouldn't count on them still serving food at 9:00, but if you'll be there earlier, I'd definitely say that's an option. Also, as @AirGoofy said, you could just walk over to the BW Bakery or the BW Pizza Window and bring it back over to the pool.

In July/Early August, I think Leaping Horse Libations closed at 8pm. I'd rather do BW pizza for sure, it's not quite the menu at other pool bars IMO.

In happy news!!! We are coming back to BWI!!! I switched my Poly reservation 11/30-12/2! DS15 is singing in the CP on 12/1. We also have a DIS friend staying with us!!! BW view CL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

In July/Early August, I think Leaping Horse Libations closed at 8pm. I'd rather do BW pizza for sure, it's not quite the menu at other pool bars IMO.

In happy news!!! We are coming back to BWI!!! I switched my Poly reservation 11/30-12/2! DS15 is singing in the CP on 12/1. We also have a DIS friend staying with us!!! BW view CL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Darn we will just miss you! We are arriving late on 12/3 and staying one night at the Swan (couldn't beat the price just to sleep) and then heading to the BWI CL on the 4. Hope you have a great time, wish we could have had a chance to meet you. I love being able to put faces to some of the people that I read almost every day on the DIS.

Me and my DH will be in the BWV 11/27-12/4. Maybe we'll see you there!

My sister and I arrive on March 18 for a CL stay at the Boardwalk Inn. Just sent in our Vacation Planning forms to the Itinerary Planning office! So excited. I hope we can actually get confirmation for most of our dining requests. We requested a Fantasmic dinner package for Mama Melrose for 6:30 seating....has anyone had any luck with actually getting dinner time seating?

Second BWI stay coming up 11/3-10, for Wine and Dine race weekend.

Has anybody ever done lifestyle portraits with a Disney photographer (Photopass) at BWI? We were thinking of photos after race day, with our medals, at BWI.

Darn we will just miss you! We are arriving late on 12/3 and staying one night at the Swan (couldn't beat the price just to sleep) and then heading to the BWI CL on the 4. Hope you have a great time, wish we could have had a chance to meet you. I love being able to put faces to some of the people that I read almost every day on the DIS.
Awe sorry we are missing you!!
Me and my DH will be in the BWV 11/27-12/4. Maybe we'll see you there!
DISmeet!

Pas130-couldn't stay away huh lol. How fun and I am jealous I can't be there that soon again! Meanwhile the July countdown continues:rolleyes1
I know I'm hopeless ;) I seem to enjoy my mini trips so much more. And my Bree really misses Lorenzo!

Sounds awesome Pas! We will be there too! If you see a family of 4 with 2 non- stop boys (6 & 3) sneaking gummy bears and a mom who looks like she needs some cocktails and a nap- come say hi!

Just received our construction warning Email for our nov. trip. Was kind of surprised when a BWI standard view room popped up on Orbitz but maybe the construction explains it. I'm thinking of changing resorts but nothing else good is showing for our dates. I guess I will keep looking. Would be find with a moderate but don't want a value.

Anyone there now on the Inn side that can let us know the state of the construction for the standard view rooms?

I really don't mind a little inconvenience but if we can't enjoy a some time on the balcony, or if there is a really big messy noisy construction zone near us I will be very disappointed.

Even within the Orbitz discount it's still pricy.

We received the email too. And of course i'll be about 4 months pregnant by then so i'm hoping it won't be too noisy so I can take a break and relax or nap halfway through the day if needed. We're in BWV and they said construction took place there too.

Sounds awesome Pas! We will be there too! If you see a family of 4 with 2 non- stop boys (6 & 3) sneaking gummy bears and a mom who looks like she needs some cocktails and a nap- come say hi!
Most definitely I will. I'll be there with my DD10 & DD9 who might entertain said boys so the Moms can have a cocktail! (There's two other lovely Dis ladies who will be there at BWI too)

We received the email too. And of course i'll be about 4 months pregnant by then so i'm hoping it won't be too noisy so I can take a break and relax or nap halfway through the day if needed. We're in BWV and they said construction took place there too.
Congratulations on your soon to be bundle of joy. I would talk to a CM upon check in and explain your situation and the need for a quiet room. BW front desk is usually very helpful.

We will be arriving at the BWI (first time staying there) at around 8pm on Nov. 5 for a 7 night stay. I am sure we will all be starving. Any tips on where we can eat dinner without an ADR. I don't want to book anything in the event of flight delays. Even counter service would be ok, but from what I have been reading, options for CS are pretty scarce there. Thanks!

We will be arriving at the BWI (first time staying there) at around 8pm on Nov. 5 for a 7 night stay. I am sure we will all be starving. Any tips on where we can eat dinner without an ADR. I don't want to book anything in the event of flight delays. Even counter service would be ok, but from what I have been reading, options for CS are pretty scarce there. Thanks!
Big River Grill and Brewing Works, ESPN Club, Marketplace at Beach Club, Pizza Window by Boardwalk Bakery, Crew Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club
There is also the option of In Room Dining, here's a menu link:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/boardwalk-resort-in-room-dining/all-day

Last edited:
Big River Grill and Brewing Works, ESPN Club, Marketplace at Beach Club, Pizza Window by Boardwalk Bakery, Crew Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club
There is also the option of In Room Dining, here's a menu link:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/boardwalk-resort-in-room-dining/all-day
I would also consider the Bakery- they have some pretty good sandwiches. You may be able to walk up to Trattoria al Forno at that time of day as well- or snag a last minute ADR on your way from the airport. You would have an idea of when you would be arriving by that point.

So funny on the Epcot resort dining perspectives. I'll admit we're not really big into counter service generally, but I think the options in the Epcot resort area are just fine - for both CS and TS. One of the reasons we booked BWI for marathon weekend is that there are so many options and we don't have to go far to access them. As much as I like Captain Cook's or Roaring Forks, they get super old after just two days.

Assuming you aren't hopping into Epcot for counter service (although that would be my favorite thing to do!) there are all the options gwynne mentioned. I'd put crews cup lounge at the top of that list! If the weather is nice, Boardwalk to Go is another option in addition to Boardwalk Bakery and the Pizza Window. Beach Club Marketplace is convenient for sandwiches and flatbreads. Also, I don't see Hurricane Hanna's hours for November yet, but this month they are open until 10pm. Picabu at the Dolphin is open 24 hours - my family loves their burgers. I've also ordered from the Il Mulino menu at Swan from the lounge area there - that was fantastic, quick and requires no ADR. And Bluezoo also serves food from their lounge (or at least they did in the past.)

We are going in mid November to the villas and just got a notice that there would be construction and a lot of extra noise while we were there :( Any luck in trying to change your reservation or any other concessions in this case. There was no notice when we booked months ago!

Question for you BWI experts. We are staying at BWI next week for F&W. Have stayed many times at YC and know where all the stairwell exits are so we rarely have to exit through the lobby. Does BWI have exits onto the Boardwalk without going through lobby area as well? Thanks to all!:thanks:

Question for you BWI experts. We are staying at BWI next week for F&W. Have stayed many times at YC and know where all the stairwell exits are so we rarely have to exit through the lobby. Does BWI have exits onto the Boardwalk without going through lobby area as well? Thanks to all!:thanks:
Sorry no. You will have to go to the lobby first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter