Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I just called because we check in 10 days from now. I was told by the women at the front desk over the phone that a standard view CANNOT ask for an Epcot view...only a high or low floor or near an elevator. Maybe it was just this cast member, but everything else on these boards and other cast members have said was to call within 10 days and ask. Obviously, it's just a request nothing is guaranteed but this cast member just now was very "matter of fact" no requests for specific views with a booking of a standard room!! :(
You most likely talked to someone in a call center not the front desk. You can request a view with a standard view room but as with all requests it's not a guarantee.

Happy birthday to your daughter.

Staying at the bwi cl for my 25 anniversary after our cruise Nov 7-11, was hoping for a king size bed and a boardwalk view.... should I Note both on my request with concierge? I know it is just request but would be nice to get both :)

Ok- I've decided to try and book a standard Boardwalk villa studio for our trip this spring.. I'm trying to figure out what room request to make as part of my points reservation.. In reading through this board, all I saw "pool view" and "closer to elevator if possible" I have two young girls- so I would like to be close the elevator. A decent iew would be nice.. I would put refurbished room- but I'm thinking they should be done by April.

Any recommendations on what I should include in my room request?

You most likely talked to someone in a call center not the front desk. You can request a view with a standard view room but as with all requests it's not a guarantee.

Happy birthday to your daughter.

Mexi... I called the hotel number direct and asked for the front desk. But I will be trying again later today...hoping for a different answer and some pixie dust!! ;)

Mexi... I called the hotel number direct and asked for the front desk. But I will be trying again later today...hoping for a different answer and some pixie dust!! ;)

Even then it doesn't get you to the hotel front desk.

I wish they had different views you could book for BWI because the CMs seem to think there are several different views when there is only Boardwalk and Standard. We never want a Boardwalk view, but want the Garden/Epcot view -- not a view of the bus pick up area. We've lucked out so far, but I have heard the lectures from the front desk CMs about how we should book Garden if that's what we want. When I direct them to their website, they are uniformly surprised.

Good luck with making your request.

I wouldn't bother calling the resort. Just have your requests noted on your reservation and then ask when you check in for them to show you where your room is located on the map.

You can always ask to be moved if they have something else available. We did this in July and we were moved .

I wouldn't bother calling the resort. Just have your requests noted on your reservation and then ask when you check in for them to show you where your room is located on the map.

You can always ask to be moved if they have something else available. We did this in July and we were moved .
I agree with this. The regular CMs might put down the Epcot view you ask for because they might not know its not an actual request. If they say you can't request that, just say you know it's not an actual Epcot view like MK at the Contemporary, but the room assigner will know what you mean by that request (and they will!)

So we are staying at the BWI for the first time in just over a week, I need to call back and put in a request, here's my question are there any areas around the inn quiet pool that might see Epcot's fireworks? We'd like to be close to the quiet pool and that's probably the pool we'd use the most, but I'd love to actually see a few of epcot's fireworks as well, but I don't want to request both of those if they are in totally different areas.

Also, last year we stayed at the BC and went to beaches and cream a couple of times and I was able to get dairy free ice cream, used in both sundaes and shakes, I see there is ice cream available at Seashore Sweets on the Boardwalk too and was wondering if anyone knew if they offered any type of dairy free ice cream alternatives?

Just curious, do they have unique Boardwalk merchandise and clothing now or is it just the same Walt Disney World Resort merchandise that all the parks have?

Just curious, do they have unique Boardwalk merchandise and clothing now or is it just the same Walt Disney World Resort merchandise that all the parks have?
They did when we were there last year, but you might need to go the little shop inside off the lobby (to the right looking at the checkin desks, or to the left looking out at the BW.)

pas130--you will not regret your decision. Our home away from home. The deluxe room is so nice and guaranteed Boardwalk view is worth it. Can't wait to get back in July and Oct next year!! DD is bringing her boyfriend and it will be his first time at Disney--let the fun begin!:tongue:

Staying on concierge level for the first time ever. I've read where it is on the fourth floor - is it a certain wing or spans pretty much the entire hotel's fourth floor? Just want to get an idea of what area we may be staying in. Thanks in advance. :)

CL is on the 4th floor and the rooms are located over the boardwalk or behind that over the garden suites. It does not include the whole floor.

Enjoy your trip and I hope I answered your question.

Thank you! I know I love the area. We are a family of 7 so this is a treat fitting in one room. My MIL has never been on the Epcot side before:)
pas130--you will not regret your decision. Our home away from home. The deluxe room is so nice and guaranteed Boardwalk view is worth it. Can't wait to get back in July and Oct next year!! DD is bringing her boyfriend and it will be his first time at Disney--let the fun begin!:tongue:
hope her boyfriend enjoys BWI!!

Staying at the bwi cl for my 25 anniversary after our cruise Nov 7-11, was hoping for a king size bed and a boardwalk view.... should I Note both on my request with concierge? I know it is just request but would be nice to get both :)
:wave2: I would let the concierge know. They can put the request in with the room assigners. (I've never stayed at BWI but that's what they did at BC...and it's the same office ;) )

:wave:

We're back from 10 nights at Poly and GF, (more on that switcheroo is in the GF thread;)). We usually walk back from DHS and I take some photos at BWI/BWV, but it was pouring on our DHS day so we had to take the bus back and consequently, no BWI/BWV photos. AllEars is reporting a BWI room rehab from 8/17/15 - 5/5/16, but I can't find a Notice of Commencement related to the work and all rooms were just rehabbed.

Enjoy your trip! Will be waiting for the pics. :) are you going to post the Poly pics on that board or are you doing a full trip report? Have fun!:beach:
Sorry about the lack of photos, but I did post photos to the CR, GF, Poly and WL threads. I have more to post soon to GF and a few more for Poly.

My 20 year old DD and I just returned yesterday from a 6 night stay at BWI. We were surprised with some heavy pixie dust when we arrived. We disembarked from the DME bus and were met by a CM who told us we'd been upgraded to the Club level. I was shocked and made sure that he had the correct spelling of my name and that it really was us they intended to upgrade. DD just laughed at me. We were in room 4204 and, while it was a hike to the room, it was well worth the extra steps (incidentally, I killed my Fitbit on this trip!). It was a truly magical stay and we had a fabulous time.

We've been going to WDW about twice a year for the last 15 years and have never been upgraded (not complaining because I think it's best to reserve what you want and to keep your expectations low). This was truly unexpected and we are so grateful.

I love reading stories like that - so happy for you. We had quite an upgrade-a-pooloza, too. Details are on the GF thread, but, spoiler alert… Day Two, we asked at GF about moving from Poly and not only did they move us at that moment, the manager upgraded us to a TPV room at no additional cost, they had the cutest gifts for us in our room and we were given 3 extra FPs good anywhere/anytime for the rest of our 8 days. It was all truly magical.

Do you think you'll book CL from now on? What did DD think about it? Is she back at school now?

Good news and bad news.

The bad news is that we aren't staying at BWV, but the good news is that we managed to add some days and a MNSSHP this October trip! :woohoo:

We were going to stay at Gulf Shores, but we got that 30% room deal at All Star Movies for a few nights and then borrowed a few points for 3 nights at Vero Beach Resort. With the Disney Rewards, we picked up a MNSSHP as well. I'm considering it a big upgrade for a cash neutral trip. I'm going to get over to the Boardwalk for a lobster roll and maybe a drink at Bellevue Lounge.

Adding days is always great, but are you sure about that one drink?

I am at the BWI right now and 5 minutes ago I bought a Lobster Roll from the BW Bakery. When I asked the CM if the Lobster Roll was going to be taken off the menu, they looked at me as if I was crazy. They said the Lobster Roll was their best selling sandwich, and it is on the menu to stay. Whoever posted the rumour was 100% wrong.

Let me preface my comments by stating that I know nothing about this particular rumor, but I do know we've all experienced CMs who know much less than us. We get a lot of information on the DIS and other sites that often hasn't made it to the CMs yet or is information that CMs can't discuss with guests. It's possible the CM you spoke with knows nothing (yet) about it being discontinued or it really isn't being discontinued as they stated.

Talk about a roller coaster of emotions - lobster roll, no lobster roll :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

I still hope to be able to make it over to the Boardwalk area and do some investigating.

:rotfl:
Boy, you're on a roll.

I just called because we check in 10 days from now. I was told by the women at the front desk over the phone that a standard view CANNOT ask for an Epcot view...only a high or low floor or near an elevator. Maybe it was just this cast member, but everything else on these boards and other cast members have said was to call within 10 days and ask. Obviously, it's just a request nothing is guaranteed but this cast member just now was very "matter of fact" no requests for specific views with a booking of a standard room!! :(
Did you call back and have Epcot View added to your reservation? The CM must be new and doesn't realize that a view of Epcot's Eiffel Tower and Illuminations is possible and asking for an Epcot View is the easiest way to convey this.

If I don't have you logged, I'll add you. Just email the IPO with any requests and put them in order of which is more important to you. You can do that anytime, but do it at least about a week prior to arrival.

Ok- I've decided to try and book a standard Boardwalk villa studio for our trip this spring.. I'm trying to figure out what room request to make as part of my points reservation.. In reading through this board, all I saw "pool view" and "closer to elevator if possible" I have two young girls- so I would like to be close the elevator. A decent iew would be nice.. I would put refurbished room- but I'm thinking they should be done by April.

Any recommendations on what I should include in my room request?

Bumping your question...

So we are staying at the BWI for the first time in just over a week, I need to call back and put in a request, here's my question are there any areas around the inn quiet pool that might see Epcot's fireworks? We'd like to be close to the quiet pool and that's probably the pool we'd use the most, but I'd love to actually see a few of epcot's fireworks as well, but I don't want to request both of those if they are in totally different areas.

Also, last year we stayed at the BC and went to beaches and cream a couple of times and I was able to get dairy free ice cream, used in both sundaes and shakes, I see there is ice cream available at Seashore Sweets on the Boardwalk too and was wondering if anyone knew if they offered any type of dairy free ice cream alternatives?

Your request needs to be added to your reservation at least 5 days prior to arrival. That's about the time it gets dropped into the resort and then the Room Assignor assigns a room about 3 days prior to arrival.

The Illuminations/Epcot View rooms do overlook the quiet pool so you're all set:). I can't answer your ice cream question. I only know about the sugar-free at B&C.

Yes, they do. The resort-branded merchandise photos are posted in the SHOPPING chapter of the thread. The hyperlinks are in POST 1.

Just booked BWI Deluxe room CL for 12/12-12/15. We have recently returned from BC CL, so it will be a tough act to follow. 102 days..........now to re-read this wonderful thread :)

Congratulations! How did you decide on BWI? Are the kids off of school early?

CL is on the 4th floor and the rooms are located over the boardwalk or behind that over the garden suites. It does not include the whole floor.

Enjoy your trip and I hope I answered your question.

Your post reminded me that shortly before I left for vacation, I received an informative PM from @lbv7. They reported the conversion of 10 non-CL rooms to CL rooms, 4262 - 4273, outside of the Innkeeper's Club door.

Thank you! I know I love the area. We are a family of 7 so this is a treat fitting in one room. My MIL has never been on the Epcot side before:)
hope her boyfriend enjoys BWI!!
Umm, but only 6 will fit in the Deluxe room. Who all is going?

Let me preface my comments by stating that I know nothing about this particular rumor, but I do know we've all experienced CMs who know much less than us. We get a lot of information on the DIS and other sites that often hasn't made it to the CMs yet or is information that CMs can't discuss with guests. It's possible the CM you spoke with knows nothing (yet) about it being discontinued or it really isn't being discontinued as they stated.
Actually, it is not what a CM knows or doesn't know; in this case it was the My Disney Experience App which was totally wrong in showing a limited menu for the Bakery of only 2 items when in fact this was 100% wrong. The only change to the menu was that they added Salami to the Roast Beef Sandwich, other than that nothing has changed and nothing is going to change, particularly with respect to the Lobster Roll being removed from the menu.

Actually, it is not what a CM knows or doesn't know; in this case it was the My Disney Experience App which was totally wrong in showing a limited menu for the Bakery of only 2 items when in fact this was 100% wrong. The only change to the menu was that they added Salami to the Roast Beef Sandwich, other than that nothing has changed and nothing is going to change, particularly with respect to the Lobster Roll being removed from the menu.
Thank you for the clarification of the non-rumor which I knew nothing about:). Not the first nor the last time MDX will be inaccurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter