Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Ok, finally, after toying with the idea for ages, we booked a night at BWI. We are staying the night of 10/15.
We adjusted our arrival for our F&W trip. Instead of arriving late in the evening and staying at CSR we are arriving in the morning and staying at BWI. We switch over to BC for the rest of the trip (neither resort had rooms for the entire trip).
We got a water view room. Trying to do my online check in and not sure quite what to request. Any suggestions for us.
It's just DH and I. We'll be there just the one night and going to Epcot for F&W that day. We'll likely plan a break, depends on what time we get in.
Is there a difference in waterview and boardwalk view? Do all water view rooms have a view of the boardwalk too? We'd love a King bed but in looking at the Touring Plans room locator it doesn't appear they have many water view King beds. Is that accurate?

It's a funny quirk with the booking, but water view IS Boardwalk view, so you're set! For just one night I would ask for the King bed to try to get. Yes, there aren't many of them (like all WDW resorts), but it doesn't hurt to try. Otherwise I don't think there's much difference in the rooms you could end up with. Enjoy!

It's a funny quirk with the booking, but water view IS Boardwalk view, so you're set! For just one night I would ask for the King bed to try to get. Yes, there aren't many of them (like all WDW resorts), but it doesn't hurt to try. Otherwise I don't think there's much difference in the rooms you could end up with. Enjoy!
Thanks. That helps a lot. I think I will try for a King bed. We got one at Poly earlier this month.

Ok, finally, after toying with the idea for ages, we booked a night at BWI. We are staying the night of 10/15.
We adjusted our arrival for our F&W trip. Instead of arriving late in the evening and staying at CSR we are arriving in the morning and staying at BWI. We switch over to BC for the rest of the trip (neither resort had rooms for the entire trip).
We got a water view room. Trying to do my online check in and not sure quite what to request. Any suggestions for us.
It's just DH and I. We'll be there just the one night and going to Epcot for F&W that day. We'll likely plan a break, depends on what time we get in.
Is there a difference in waterview and boardwalk view? Do all water view rooms have a view of the boardwalk too? We'd love a King bed but in looking at the Touring Plans room locator it doesn't appear they have many water view King beds. Is that accurate?

I do not know about the BWI specifically, but I do know that I have found the room locator function on Touring Plans to be extremely inaccurate.

I do not know about the BWI specifically, but I do know that I have found the room locator function on Touring Plans to be extremely inaccurate.
In what way? Do they list the room parameters wrong? Or something else? I know the photos are iffy since they rely on those from guests.
I've only used it for Poly and it was right in that the room we got was a King bed and facing west.

In what way? Do they list the room parameters wrong? Or something else? I know the photos are iffy since they rely on those from guests.
I've only used it for Poly and it was right in that the room we got was a King bed and facing west.

Some examples I have come accross

Showing there are no king rooms in multiple buildings at CBR when there are the exact same amount per building
Showing there are no connecting rooms is an entire building at CBR, POR and POFQ when there are quite a few
Showing there are no rooms with a full balcony on an entire floor at BC when there are only 8 rooms without
Showing there are Pirate Themed king rooms at CBR when there are none

These are just some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Some examples I have come accross

Showing there are no king rooms in multiple buildings at CBR when there are the exact same amount per building
Showing there are no connecting rooms is an entire building at CBR, POR and POFQ when there are quite a few
Showing there are no rooms with a full balcony on an entire floor at BC when there are only 8 rooms without
Showing there are Pirate Themed king rooms at CBR when there are none

These are just some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks. I mostly have been using it to pick a room location based on area of the resort so it's been working well.

Good news and bad news.

The bad news is that we aren't staying at BWV, but the good news is that we managed to add some days and a MNSSHP this October trip! :woohoo:

We were going to stay at Gulf Shores, but we got that 30% room deal at All Star Movies for a few nights and then borrowed a few points for 3 nights at Vero Beach Resort. With the Disney Rewards, we picked up a MNSSHP as well. I'm considering it a big upgrade for a cash neutral trip. I'm going to get over to the Boardwalk for a lobster roll and maybe a drink at Bellevue Lounge.

Good news and bad news.

The bad news is that we aren't staying at BWV, but the good news is that we managed to add some days and a MNSSHP this October trip! :woohoo:

We were going to stay at Gulf Shores, but we got that 30% room deal at All Star Movies for a few nights and then borrowed a few points for 3 nights at Vero Beach Resort. With the Disney Rewards, we picked up a MNSSHP as well. I'm considering it a big upgrade for a cash neutral trip. I'm going to get over to the Boardwalk for a lobster roll and maybe a drink at Bellevue Lounge.
Uh oh...where do you get the lobster roll? It sounds really good!

Hey guys I don't want to break the bad news but according to a thread on the restaurant board the lobster roll is gone from the bakery. I did check the menu on my Disney Experience and it looks like they have really reduced the menu. Very disappointing.

Hey guys I don't want to break the bad news but according to a thread on the restaurant board the lobster roll is gone from the bakery. I did check the menu on my Disney Experience and it looks like they have really reduced the menu. Very disappointing.

And another good thing bites the bullet thanks for the Disney Dining Plan. :(

I am at the BWI right now and 5 minutes ago I bought a Lobster Roll from the BW Bakery. When I asked the CM if the Lobster Roll was going to be taken off the menu, they looked at me as if I was crazy. They said the Lobster Roll was their best selling sandwich, and it is on the menu to stay. Whoever posted the rumour was 100% wrong.

I am at the BWI right now and 5 minutes ago I bought a Lobster Roll from the BW Bakery. When I asked the CM if the Lobster Roll was going to be taken off the menu, they looked at me as if I was crazy. They said the Lobster Roll was their best selling sandwich, and it is on the menu to stay. Whoever posted the rumour was 100% wrong.

Hooray!

Yay good to know. They need to update their menu on the web too. Would be nice if everyone was on the same page!! If u don't mind I will put your post on the dining post as well. Thanks for the update!!

I posted a reply to the thread that was started on it that the roll was staying. Here was the original post:

The official menu has two new sandwiches listed without the lobster roll or any of the other sandwiches I've seen listed there before. And only one salad option?
I was thinking of stopping here for a QS meal, but am reconsidering if the menu is really being cut back that much. Anyone been to BoardWalk Bakery since the menu update day of 8/19?

Ok....then lobster roll at Columbia Harbour House.

Talk about a roller coaster of emotions - lobster roll, no lobster roll :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

The lobster roll at the Boardwalk Bakery is the best one on property. A 1/4 pound of lobster on a bun with a little dressing added. The lobster roll at CHH has improved, but not the same amount of lobster as Bakery and they added a bit more stuff. Then, there is the lobster sandwich at Captain's Grill which is more like lobster pieces in a lot of mayo. I like Captain's Grille, but wouldn't get their lobster sandwich ever again.

I still hope to be able to make it over to the Boardwalk area and do some investigating.

Good news and bad news.

Sounds like a great plan! I know nothing about Gulf Shores, but any time staying on property is better to us. We still haven't tried any of the non-WDW DVC locations...

Sounds like a great plan! I know nothing about Gulf Shores, but any time staying on property is better to us. We still haven't tried any of the non-WDW DVC locations...

We've been to Vero Beach Resort twice and Hilton Head Island Resort once. They are both nice, but not as nice as BWV.

Thanks for the reply!
I wonder if I should call in and ask for a boardwalk view and a balcony? Haha.
Or an Epcot view and a balcony... If that's even possible.
I just called because we check in 10 days from now. I was told by the women at the front desk over the phone that a standard view CANNOT ask for an Epcot view...only a high or low floor or near an elevator. Maybe it was just this cast member, but everything else on these boards and other cast members have said was to call within 10 days and ask. Obviously, it's just a request nothing is guaranteed but this cast member just now was very "matter of fact" no requests for specific views with a booking of a standard room!! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter