• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just arrived for my BWV stay! I'm in a renovated studio - boy is it nice! The resort computers are down so MB are useless. They are giving cards for room keys, and people with the dining plan are having issues. I just spent the last three days at work with a dead computer network, so I can sympathize.

We are back from our Labor Day weekend at the Boardwalk. I asked a few pages back about room selection help.
We had a standard room booked, and we were thrilled upon check in to find out we were upgraded to the Club Level.
We all enjoyed having a quick breakfast in the lounge and grabbing a little drink on our way back to our room at night.

We had a lovely stay. I just enjoyed the scenery so much. It's like out of a story book. The hotel and rooms are gorgeous. Being able to walk to both Epcot and HS was awesome. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. House keeping moved the kids' stuffed animals around, and they loved that. We loved that there were fun things happening on the boardwalk in the evening to watch. And the eating options out there were great too.
I think we will be back again soon. :)

Only "negative" we experienced is the distance to refill the resort mugs. We aren't big soda drinkers, so the mugs are kind of wasted on us. But the resort could benefit from a QS place, kind of like Captain Cooks at the Poly, with a mug station, in the lobby area. :)

Thanks for the review. The upgrade makes the magic even better. Definitely agree with everything in your post. I like the refill mugs here at home for my morning coffee to travel to the office.

We're leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for our first stay at BWI! I can hardly contain my excitement!! Well, the anxiety of the flight is trying to take over my happiness :sad2: After our 4 nights at BWI we will be moving over to the GF for 4 more nights. I hope we have a good stay!!!!

We're leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for our first stay at BWI! I can hardly contain my excitement!! Well, the anxiety of the flight is trying to take over my happiness :sad2: After our 4 nights at BWI we will be moving over to the GF for 4 more nights. I hope we have a good stay!!!!
Safe travels, and just keep thinking DISNEY! Have a Grand trip, and I can't wait to hear all about both resorts :)

just wanted to say we are currently staying at the villas, none of our requests were made, old room, third floor far far end of the hallway, and we are having a blast! this is truly the most magical place on earth!
Enjoy! When we stayed at OKW in 2014 none of our requests were granted either, and in true Disney spirit it was like we had the best location ever!

just wanted to say we are currently staying at the villas, none of our requests were made, old room, third floor far far end of the hallway, and we are having a blast! this is truly the most magical place on earth!

Glad to hear you are having a great trip. This will be our 18th trip to WDW, and I only made requests a few times. I found that similar with your experience, the surprise magic is just that much better!

Last year for the Osborne lights :( Well, it's my FIRST year seeing them, that news just solidifies that this will be a short, but memorable trip :)

I just heard that. Last year, due to the way our schedule worked out (and dinner unforseen circumstances), we never got to DHS at night to see them. I was so upset. We're going again in early December and as my wife says, even if we have to miss out flight home, we will see them.

Last year for the Osborne lights :( Well, it's my FIRST year seeing them, that news just solidifies that this will be a short, but memorable trip :)
I saw them for the first (maybe only) time last year. They are spectacular. You'll be glad to partake.

I just heard that. Last year, due to the way our schedule worked out (and dinner unforseen circumstances), we never got to DHS at night to see them. I was so upset. We're going again in early December and as my wife says, even if we have to miss out flight home, we will see them.
You WILL see them, and then tell us all how wonderful they are!

I saw them for the first (maybe only) time last year. They are spectacular. You'll be glad to partake.
Thank you! It literally is why I wanted to go in December, and now that it is the last year I am determined. There's evening EMH one night we are there, I think that is when we might go :)

Yeah it's really sad. We always plan one night for an evening DHS trip when we do our December BWV stays. We'll have to spend an extra long time there this trip. Last time we got a hazelnut hot chocolate that came in one of the mugs just like the refill mugs and it was amazing.

A few days ago on Facebook they had some pictures of the new rugs I think on the 3rd floor. I can not find it now. Would anyone have them or know where I can find them. Thank you. 6 days I'll be there.

Are these the "new" rugs you're talking about? These were installed in 2014:
814c88f7-0de4-41e5-8d92-fdf353528920.jpg

bd9278b9-1a91-4243-9ff9-1ac48fcae44d.jpg

Courtesy @HARASW

We are leaving on Tuesday morning so we are doing our last minute packing and getting ready to go, though BWI wasn't my first choice resort I've really gotten excited to try it and I think we are going to have a blast! Thanks for posting some pictures they are just getting me more and more excited, those are gorgeous, btw!

I hope you're having a wonderful vacation!

We are back from our Labor Day weekend at the Boardwalk. I asked a few pages back about room selection help.
We had a standard room booked, and we were thrilled upon check in to find out we were upgraded to the Club Level.
We all enjoyed having a quick breakfast in the lounge and grabbing a little drink on our way back to our room at night.

We had a lovely stay. I just enjoyed the scenery so much. It's like out of a story book. The hotel and rooms are gorgeous. Being able to walk to both Epcot and HS was awesome. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. House keeping moved the kids' stuffed animals around, and they loved that. We loved that there were fun things happening on the boardwalk in the evening to watch. And the eating options out there were great too.
I think we will be back again soon. :)

Only "negative" we experienced is the distance to refill the resort mugs. We aren't big soda drinkers, so the mugs are kind of wasted on us. But the resort could benefit from a QS place, kind of like Captain Cooks at the Poly, with a mug station, in the lobby area. :)

ITA about the lack of resort QS and congratulations on your upgrade to the Innkeeper's Club. It's always great to read news like that.

Just arrived for my BWV stay! I'm in a renovated studio - boy is it nice! The resort computers are down so MB are useless. They are giving cards for room keys, and people with the dining plan are having issues. I just spent the last three days at work with a dead computer network, so I can sympathize.

No BLT this time?! I love those good ol' KTTW cards:thumbsup2. Have a great stay!

Any pics of the renovated rooms???

Do you mean BWV? There are rehabbed Studio photos HERE.

Can't wait to read about both your stays. Will you be posting to the GF thread about RPC?

Safe travels, and just keep thinking DISNEY! Have a Grand trip, and I can't wait to hear all about both resorts :)

What she said:)

Wasn't sure where your post was going to go…No matter what, your refillable mug is always half full;). Enjoy!

So glad you'll get to see them. So bittersweet for so many though. Wonder where all those lights will go? Hope someone "adopts" them.

Last edited:
Are these the "new" rugs you're talking about? These were installed in 2014:
814c88f7-0de4-41e5-8d92-fdf353528920.jpg

bd9278b9-1a91-4243-9ff9-1ac48fcae44d.jpg

Courtesy @HARASW

I hope you're having a wonderful vacation!

ITA about the lack of resort QS and congratulations on your upgrade to the Innkeeper's Club. It's always great to read news like that.

No BLT this time?! I love those good ol' KTTW cards:thumbsup2. Have a great stay!

Do you mean BWV? Here's a renovated one bedroom photo courtesy of @psac. There are rehabbed Studio photos HERE.
15639111733_af952a84cd_b.jpg

Can't wait to read about both your stays. Will you be posting to the GF thread about RPC?

What she said:)

Wasn't sure where your post was going to go…No matter what, your refillable mug is always half full;). Enjoy!

So glad you'll get to see them. So bittersweet for so many though. Wonder where all those lights will go? Hope someone "adopts" them.

For the BWV 1BR, I think that was just an interim "get rid of disgusting comforter" refurb. :) I already recycled it (should've taken a pic of the page!), but they had pics of the 1BR in the Disney Files magazine they send to DVC members. It looks totally different. Hardwood floors in the living room and kitchen! (Not as comfy, but I think less germy.). For sure I'll take pics in December, but hopefully someone else will have them before then. I'll be at the BW in less than two weeks actually (woo hoo!), but that's just for one night in a studio before our cruise. :sail:

For the BWV 1BR, I think that was just an interim "get rid of disgusting comforter" refurb. :) I already recycled it (should've taken a pic of the page!), but they had pics of the 1BR in the Disney Files magazine they send to DVC members. It looks totally different. Hardwood floors in the living room and kitchen! (Not as comfy, but I think less germy.). For sure I'll take pics in December, but hopefully someone else will have them before then. I'll be at the BW in less than two weeks actually (woo hoo!), but that's just for one night in a studio before our cruise. :sail:

Thanks for the correction. I removed your semi-rehab, post-comforter, but interim temporary bed decor photo from my post.

Your cruise is coming up soon! You and DW must be excited. Have you taken this cruise itinerary before? Any post cruise Disney plans or is that December? Hope you have calm waters and lots of great meals:)

Very excited tonight! Just booked our next trip to WDW. We'll be staying at the BWI for the first time. We love the Epcot resorts and have stayed at both the BC and YC, but now it's time to complete the set and stay at BWI.

I'll be hanging around this thread for the next few months to figure out all that I can about the BWI.

Yay!

We did the same thing with gift cards last month. So, after strolling over from Beach Club, we got pizza since all we had was our MB. Still cash and credit at the food cart :)
Thank you so much for letting me know so I can prepare my gift cards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter