Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Liz, just a word of warning about the quiet pool - the laps are probably 10-12 yard lengths, so lots of turns! I wasn't in for a full training session (I'm training for a tri) but it was great to swim!

yes, it's not a very big pool. you are bound to run into people like me who love to float on their back and just enjoy looking around at the surroundings, or closing our eyes and enjoying the feel of the sun... I do look up and around from time to time, but enjoy lounging in the pool.. you'd probably have better luck with lap swimming in the early morning or later at night. (of course if I saw someone was already swimming laps, I would try to float in a corner)

the BWI pool is pretty quiet though, very few kids. kind of hidden away, which is why I like it. less chance of running into kids splashing while swimming laps

I just need a bit of room to "dog paddle" back and forth for 15 or 20 minutes. I'm taking my hand weights too just in case. I've lost a lot of the flabby underarm from swimming. That little bit of water resistance is all I need!

We leave tomorrow morning (or later this afternoon as DH is still undecided!) so this will be my last post until we arrive! DH is in kid mode which is why we've not decided when to leave. He can't seem to stick to a plan as THE day gets closer!

Sadly the weather is not looking promising but then rain means cooler weather and less crowded parks! Just hope there is not a lot of lightning with this system.

Until tomorrow!

Liz

I had good luck with BWI quiet pool swimming around 11:30am last month, but I bet early in the morning would be great! I was at a conference and had a break, so not much flexibility with timing. When I arrived at the pool, there were no kids, just adults. One on the deck, one in the hot tub and two in the pool. I waited a few minutes before getting in to see where the guests in the pool were hanging out and then developed a swim plan as to not disturb them. I swam very slow breast stroke to make sure the quiet pool stayed quiet!

I can tell you that not all the BWI rooms have a balcony, because I was in a room without. I had booked a standard view room, and when I did online check in, one of the request options was Boardwalk View. Just for fun, I selected it - to see what would happen. I had sort of a sideish view of the boardwalk (a nice view) but it was just a window - no balcony. If you are standing in the back courtyard facing the lobby and look up to the left, you will see two or three of these windows in between rooms with balconies. I don't know if there are any of these rooms anywhere else or not.

My friend and her family had that room a few years ago and were very surprised to find no balcony! I think they could have moved, but wanted to keep their connecting rooms.

Liz, have a great trip!!!!

I just need a bit of room to "dog paddle" back and forth for 15 or 20 minutes. I'm taking my hand weights too just in case. I've lost a lot of the flabby underarm from swimming. That little bit of water resistance is all I need!

We leave tomorrow morning (or later this afternoon as DH is still undecided!) so this will be my last post until we arrive! DH is in kid mode which is why we've not decided when to leave. He can't seem to stick to a plan as THE day gets closer!

Sadly the weather is not looking promising but then rain means cooler weather and less crowded parks! Just hope there is not a lot of lightning with this system.

Until tomorrow!

Liz
So exciting! I did see where Orlando is supposed to get a lot of rain over the next 5 days; however, the good thing about a Disney vacation is that it isn't completely ruined by rain. Lightning would definitely complicate things. But there's nothing worse than planning a beach vacation and having it rain the whole time! At Disney, you can just put on your pancho and go! I'm so glad that so many rides/attractions are indoors! I really hope that you end up having nice weather some of the time, at least! Of course that's always preferred. I'm glad you'll have all the stuff on the boardwalk nearby in case it's pouring...you can still make a mad dash for the bakery:)

Just posting because we are now at 30 days until we head to BWI. Everything is planned, so I've nothing left to do -- except read trip reviews, etc. Hope those of you going soon have a fabulous time!

Even closer now! Hey, don't you still have some packing?!

Now that I have stayed at BWI twice, I can say that it is a definite favorite! We had deluxe CL room 3255 below are some pictures from our trip.

Thanks so much for posting your photos! I'm going to add them to the Deluxe Room chapter and those Innkeeper's Club photos will look great in the CL chapter - thank you!

Very excited was able to get a standard room for our dates 12/7-12/12 with the fall discount.

Congratulations on booking and I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin:)

Hello everyone. Well, it's official. With the release of the Fall Discounts this morning, we were able to upgrade our Beach Club Garden View reservation to Boardwalk Club Level! We are SOOOOO excited. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Beach Club, and I know we'll be back there again one day, but since this IS our Anniversary trip, and we've never stayed Club Level, we just had to go for it! :yay:

So, we'll be there October 16 - 23, 2015, if you'd like to add us to your list. Looking forward to reading all your posts and tips about this "new to us" beautiful resort. Can't wait to stay there! (Except for the Clown...that thing just creeps me out!):scared:

What a great upgrade and anniversary! I'll log your dates and don't worry about that clown, he's much less threatening in person and blends in with the surroundings nicely.

IMG_1859.jpg

Thanks, everyone! I have walked through the lobby of the BW, but we've never stayed there, so we're really looking forward to.

I know the BC pretty well, but not BW, so I do have some questions:

Firstly, when going to EPCOT from the Club Level rooms, do you have to go all the way back to the elevators and then out through the lobby? Or, like the Beach Club, is there a "secret entrance?" I have heard there is a shortcut to the path for DHS that goes by the Clown, but how about a shortcut to EPCOT?

Second, are all the club rooms on the 4th floor, and can you see the EPCOT Illuminations from the balcony of the rooms not facing the Boardwalk?

I know I'll have additional questions as we get closer, and hope I don't become too big of a pain to all you BWI-pros...

1. You don't have to go out the lobby which would place you in the front of the resort. There are elevators (in the non-CL portion of the 4th floor) that go down to the area near Belle Vue Lounge. Then you walk down one flight of stairs which brings you right to doors that open up steps away from the BW, which you take right over to Epcot:

Just off camera left are the stairs. Just off camera right are the elevators.
IMG_1811.jpg

2. All the Standard rooms are on the 4th floor and 5/10 Deluxe rooms. You can see some of Illuminations from the Garden/Epcot view rooms that are opposite the BW.

Hi everyone! :wave2:

We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas in a couple of months, so excited for Food and Wine!! :yay:

This will be our first time at Boardwalk and we can't decide whether we should request a pool view or a Boardwalk view. Any big pros or cons to either view? We're requesting an upper floor too.
Thanks in advance for your help!! :thanks:

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on booking for F&W.

We were moved from our "magical" deal at the WL to the BWI over Christmas. I am pretty excited as we stayed at the swan about 9 years ago and loved the location!

I was wondering if all the rooms at BWI have balconies? We have two young children and like to relax on our balcony after they go to bed. Also, it looks like from this thread some standard views get a view of illumninations, am I understanding that correctly? How likely is that to happen? Is there any special requests we can make to make it more possible?

I'm so excited we get to try this great resort out!

Howdy! Almost all the rooms have a balcony, but as @fla4fun posted, one or maybe two don't. The SV rooms offer every possible view, except a direct BWV. Just request an "Epcot View" and a high floor helps, the 5th is the highest. Just email your TA and have them add your request to your reservation.

3 weeks from today I will be moving from the Poly, to my home :-) BWV. First ever trip with just me and dd, and not the guys. Very excited!!!

Hooray! It's just DD and me, too in less than a month - have a great trip:)

I wouldn't trade all my Disney memories for anything! I'm glad to know other people are creating great memories too:) BTW, I think you look very scary- LOL!

That was sweet…and the un-bolded;)

I can tell you that not all the BWI rooms have a balcony, because I was in a room without. I had booked a standard view room, and when I did online check in, one of the request options was Boardwalk View. Just for fun, I selected it - to see what would happen. I had sort of a sideish view of the boardwalk (a nice view) but it was just a window - no balcony. If you are standing in the back courtyard facing the lobby and look up to the left, you will see two or three of these windows in between rooms with balconies. I don't know if there are any of these rooms anywhere else or not.

I remember that time. Would you have rather traded the partial BWV for a balcony?

Until tomorrow!

Liz

I hope your travels were easy and you're enjoying your room and the parks. Behind every cloud, there's some sunshine…somewhere:sail:. I hope you have more sun than clouds.

Last edited:
Finally was able to book our flight for our BWV WDW Marathon trip (1/6/16 to 1/10/16)..................got it for under $500 with earlybird checkin :)

Only 165 days until we arrive in Orlando @ 9:30am!!!!

Doug :goofy:

Finally was able to book our flight for our BWV WDW Marathon trip (1/6/16 to 1/10/16)..................got it for under $500 with earlybird checkin :)

Only 165 days until we arrive in Orlando @ 9:30am!!!!

Doug :goofy:

Sounds like you're all set, Doug and arriving that early practically gives you a full day of WDW FUN!:thumbsup2

I wouldn't trade all my Disney memories for anything! I'm glad to know other people are creating great memories too:) BTW, I think you look very scary- LOL!

Thanks. And yes, those Disney memories are terrific. We are still 9 months away, but as we plan our trip, it brings all those memories back.

yes, it's not a very big pool. you are bound to run into people like me who love to float on their back and just enjoy looking around at the surroundings, or closing our eyes and enjoying the feel of the sun... I do look up and around from time to time, but enjoy lounging in the pool.. you'd probably have better luck with lap swimming in the early morning or later at night. (of course if I saw someone was already swimming laps, I would try to float in a corner)

the BWI pool is pretty quiet though, very few kids. kind of hidden away, which is why I like it. less chance of running into kids splashing while swimming laps

We like the quiet pools better as well. I've found them empty at the hottest times of the day as well (2 or 3). I guess it is too hot for people to get in the water.

Does anyone know why every category at BWI is showing unavailable for 1/23-1/30 except standard? It's been this way since rack rates were released for 2016. Would love to stay BWI again, but preferably in a non standard category. I find it difficult to believe a sell out situation for this time of the year and for almost every category.

We arrived LATE last night. I-75 was shut down for some reason.

Here is our view!

And the room.

I'll have more later on. I love the Boardwalk so far!

Liz
OMG! So jealous!!! That view is amazing! And you got a king bed! You got exactly what I want!! What room # is that? I hope you have great weather:)

I know this is probably an impossible question to answer, but does anyone have ideas on how quickly the deluxe rooms book up? I saw there are only 10 and my family wants to wait a few months to book for next July. I'm hoping they don't book up quickly!

I know this is probably an impossible question to answer, but does anyone have ideas on how quickly the deluxe rooms book up? I saw there are only 10 and my family wants to wait a few months to book for next July. I'm hoping they don't book up quickly!

Sometimes very quick. We love them. Prefer the 4th floor rooms over the 3rd floor. Good luck

We are heading to WDW for a 3 night adult getaway this November. We usually stay at the BLT, but would LOVE to try the BWI for a change! We're currently waitlisting our first night (Nov 13th) for a studio Boardwalk View! Please send pixie dust!! pixiedust:

Thanks for all of the info and hard work on this thread! DH & I are doing our first DVC stay in early September. Right now we have a rental car booked (free with credit card points) and are doing both water parks and a quick afternoon at DTD. Is it still worth having a car? We were originally booked at Saratoga but were able to move to BWV so now I'm second guessing it. It looks like the parking lot is quite far away from the guest rooms/villas. if anyone has advice, I'll take it! I love having a car for convenience, especially with water parks, DTD, and a late night Ohana dinner!

I'm not a fan of the rental car at Disney, and even if we need one pre- or post- Disney to visit family in Florida, we don't have one while at Disney. I know Disney transportation usually takes longer, but I don't mind. It's easier for me with the kids to not think about car rental, driving, directions, etc. And I appreciate the cost savings! I recently stayed at BWI with a friend for a conference and even without kids, I felt the same. For me, it was still more relaxing without the car. We traveled to Poly for dinner by walking through Epcot (drink stop first) and then taking the monorail.

Last edited:
We are heading to WDW for a 3 night adult getaway this November. We usually stay at the BLT, but would LOVE to try the BWI for a change! We're currently waitlisting our first night (Nov 13th) for a studio Boardwalk View! Please send pixie dust!! pixiedust:

Good luck on the wait list. I really like BLT as well. I've stayed at all the DVC resorts at WDW except the GF and Poly, and BLT & BWV are my favorites.

Thanks for all of the info and hard work on this thread! DH & I are doing our first DVC stay in early September. Right now we have a rental car booked (free with credit card points) and are doing both water parks and a quick afternoon at DTD. Is it still worth having a car? We were originally booked at Saratoga but were able to move to BWV so now I'm second guessing it. It looks like the parking lot is quite far away from the guest rooms/villas. if anyone has advice, I'll take it! I love having a car for convenience, especially with water parks, DTD, and a late night Ohana dinner!

We drive to WDW, but once there, never get in the car again. We've had a standard view room at BWV near the fountain in the front, and it is a short walk across the sidewalk to either the bus stop or parking lot. It helps if you get a parking space on that side. Still, we just use the Disney transportation. I know there are bus delays, but I prefer to not deal with the traffic. Plus, I enjoy the opportunity to take the boat from MK to Poly. Another option to consider would just be to take a taxi for an Ohana dinner.

We arrived LATE last night. I-75 was shut down for some reason.

Here is our view!

And the room.

I'll have more later on. I love the Boardwalk so far!

Liz
Wooohooo!!!!:banana: And so it begins...Sounds like/ & looks like your already having a great time.. Great room, nice views, nice weather... Awesome...Keep posting..:teeth: DizDad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter