Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thanks for all of the info and hard work on this thread! DH & I are doing our first DVC stay in early September. Right now we have a rental car booked (free with credit card points) and are doing both water parks and a quick afternoon at DTD. Is it still worth having a car? We were originally booked at Saratoga but were able to move to BWV so now I'm second guessing it. It looks like the parking lot is quite far away from the guest rooms/villas. if anyone has advice, I'll take it! I love having a car for convenience, especially with water parks, DTD, and a late night Ohana dinner!

We've driven twice in 11 times, and are driving this upcoming trip.... My car stays put.... So I definitely wouldn't rent a car for sure.. I like to let Disney do the driving/monorailing/boating etc. That's the convenience that we enjoy.:confused3
Obviously to each his/her own...I like to come n go as we please. Especially travelling w/ larger groups...Some can stay while some ca come n go as they please.

We always rent a car. We don't use it much. We drive to AK, and DTD, but I like to have a car. I don't like to to rely on ME, even though it's free. We usually do DTD on our departure day, and that would be way too hard if we were taking the ME. But it's certainly very easy to do a trip without one, it's personal preference.

We always rent a car. We don't use it much. We drive to AK, and DTD, but I like to have a car. I don't like to to rely on ME, even though it's free. We usually do DTD on our departure day, and that would be way too hard if we were taking the ME. But it's certainly very easy to do a trip without one, it's personal preference.
I agree. Renting a car is personal preference. We always rent a car because we don't like the buses! Years ago, when we were staying at GF, it took us 45 minutes or more to get back from AK, and that ended using the buses for us. There is nothing worse than getting on a bus and having to stand up when your feet are already aching...okay, there are worse things, but this is avoidable! Of course, we enjoy the boat to HS if staying at an Epcot resort or taking the boat back from MK if we're at GF. We use the monorail most of the time too, but if we are at a MK resort and stay until after fireworks at Epcot, we don't want to deal with the masses of people waiting to get on the monorail after the park closes. Also, we don't want to have to leave for the airport 3 hrs ahead of our flight like ME requires. We like to stay and play as long as possible:) I will say that DH has been driving around WDW long enough that we don't need to worry about directions. In fact, our almost 17 year old DD drove us from BC to CR for dinner at Cali Grill one night, but we have TIW so valet parking is free...which makes driving easier too.

Thanks for all of the info and hard work on this thread! DH & I are doing our first DVC stay in early September. Right now we have a rental car booked (free with credit card points) and are doing both water parks and a quick afternoon at DTD. Is it still worth having a car? We were originally booked at Saratoga but were able to move to BWV so now I'm second guessing it. It looks like the parking lot is quite far away from the guest rooms/villas. if anyone has advice, I'll take it! I love having a car for convenience, especially with water parks, DTD, and a late night Ohana dinner!

I will be there in a little over 3 weeks. I am renting a car (and it's not free) mostly for purposes of going to the water parks. We will go several times during the course of our stay and it is A LOT easier getting to and from the water parks with a car. We also have a Jiko dinner and are considering a day at the Kennedy Space Center. We'll use Disney transportation most of the time -- we'll even use DME to get to BWI. But then I'm lined up to rent at the Dolphin and return at MCO. When we go in cooler months where we're unlikely to go to water parks, I don't rent a car and am happy to use the busses. Like some other posters said, it's a matter of personal preference.

We arrived LATE last night. I-75 was shut down for some reason.

Here is our view!

And the room.

I'll have more later on. I love the Boardwalk so far!

Liz

Thanks for checking in with us. Glad you arrived safely and enjoy your room and view:)

Does anyone know why every category at BWI is showing unavailable for 1/23-1/30 except standard? It's been this way since rack rates were released for 2016. Would love to stay BWI again, but preferably in a non standard category. I find it difficult to believe a sell out situation for this time of the year and for almost every category.
The only other bookable view, for a standard room, is a BoardWalk View. The Standard View at BWI is every possible view, except a direct BWV. If you have to book a BWV, all ten Deluxe rooms have BWVs.

I know this is probably an impossible question to answer, but does anyone have ideas on how quickly the deluxe rooms book up? I saw there are only 10 and my family wants to wait a few months to book for next July. I'm hoping they don't book up quickly!

It depends. Over holidays, everything seems to fill up fast. Otherwise, since they are the highest priced room for a family, other than a suite, they don't sell out that fast.

We are heading to WDW for a 3 night adult getaway this November. We usually stay at the BLT, but would LOVE to try the BWI for a change! We're currently waitlisting our first night (Nov 13th) for a studio Boardwalk View! Please send pixie dust!! pixiedust:

Welcome! I hope your waitlist comes through:)

Welcome to the thread, Melissa! If the car is totally free, why not rent it since you love having a car for convenience. The parking lot really isn't that far away, about 5-10 minutes at a steady clip.

Just wanted to say we are having a great time.

Hi Liz.. Glad you love the BWI.
That's great to read.

One of my favorite spots!

That is a good one:thumbsup2

In just 10 days we'll be arriving right about now at BWI... Then six days later we'll be getting married right around now too!! Man I can't wait for this trip to get here!!!

How wonderful! I hope everything is magical (and I've heard that Disney does weddings wonderfully, so I know you're in good hands)!

Congratulations to both of you!

I apologize if I missed this in the thread, but can someone tell me if the electronic bus time display is up for the Boardwalk. Thanks!

We stayed at the Boardwalk a few weeks ago and never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus. In fact, I was exited to see that they installed the screen showing when the buses would arrive. They also had a CM at the bus stop monitoring the busses. The busses did stop at the Swan/Dolphin but that really didn't add to much time to the ride.

View attachment 112147

Sandi: This was posted on the thread "How is Bus Service at Boardwalk" last Saturday, for what it's worth. I'm excited they have them installed!

Last edited:
The only other bookable view, for a standard room, is a BoardWalk View. The Standard View at BWI is every possible view, except a direct BWV. If you have to book a BWV, all ten Deluxe rooms have BWVs.

Thanks, Kook, for the reply! By the way, I have enjoyed this BWI thread for a couple of years now, so I appreciate all your hard work. I think I was ambiguous with my original question. This is actually what I mean (see picture): the only category showing up as available for 1/23-1/30 2016 is "standard view" i.e., no boardwalk/water view or club level rooms available. I was just wondering if there was a planned rehab of those categories for that week (I thought that was concluded now), or perhaps there's a glitch on the website. I've checked ever since the 2016 dates became available (looked very first day available) and none of these categories have ever been available for this week.

I did a quick 1 night stay search for every night of that week (thinking maybe it was full for Saturday night at the tail end of MLKJr week), and it appears the problem is surprisingly Sunday 1/24. When I search 1/24-1/25 no categories show up, but every other night of that week shows availability in every category.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Sorry about the lack of updates. We stayed more busy than I anticipated!

Let me get the bad news out of the way first: I blew it! I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera after uploading those first pictures. I spend 4 days taking pictures without the card! I've uploaded the few I took this morning onto photo bucket so just click the following picture to see what I managed to get. I'll post more Friday from home!

This is the food offerings area. It is small but they really make the most of it!

Morning offerings include oatmeal, charcuterie (ham salami and prosciutto) and cheeses,fresh fruits, hard boiled eggs and 2 types of pastries.

Snack is pictured above and had the make your own trail mix, 2 types of tea sandwiches ( made with fresh basil!) fruit and chips and cookies.

The tea sandwiches were out from 11:30 to 4.

Evenings included a soup (tomato basil and cream of potato) vegetarian roll up, and a seafood offering. If I'm remembering correctly, the charcuterie plate was out then too.

Beer and wine were out for serve yourself during this time but you could ask for it any time the staff was there.

The staff was incredible. I'll post more when we are home Friday.

We will be returning to BWI as it is DH new favorite! He has declared all future stays to be split 3 nights monorail area and 4 nights BWI!

Liz

Sorry about the lack of updates. We stayed more busy than I anticipated!

Let me get the bad news out of the way first: I blew it! I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera after uploading those first pictures. I spend 4 days taking pictures without the card! I've uploaded the few I took this morning onto photo bucket so just click the following picture to see what I managed to get. I'll post more Friday from home!

This is the food offerings area. It is small but they really make the most of it!

Morning offerings include oatmeal, charcuterie (ham salami and prosciutto) and cheeses,fresh fruits, hard boiled eggs and 2 types of pastries.

Snack is pictured above and had the make your own trail mix, 2 types of tea sandwiches ( made with fresh basil!) fruit and chips and cookies.

The tea sandwiches were out from 11:30 to 4.

Evenings included a soup (tomato basil and cream of potato) vegetarian roll up, and a seafood offering. If I'm remembering correctly, the charcuterie plate was out then too.

Beer and wine were out for serve yourself during this time but you could ask for it any time the staff was there.

The staff was incredible. I'll post more when we are home Friday.

We will be returning to BWI as it is DH new favorite! He has declared all future stays to be split 3 nights monorail area and 4 nights BWI!

Liz
Liz, I am so sorry about your pictures! We will all be fine with whatever pictures you took, but I'm so sorry you won't have them for yourself:( On the bright side, you gave a great summary of the CL offerings (which sound fantastic), and I'm so excited to hear how pleased you both were with BWI! It sounds like you had a great trip:) Safe travels going home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter