• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

buffalogirl said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sixkristy6

I wonder why the free dining is excluded the week we are there (10/14-10/20). I read it is the 4th least crowded week of the year (I forgot which site). So wouldn't it make sense to have FD that week to attract more people?

We would not get it anyway (LM room), but it just makes me wonder.

On other threads on this topic, some people have said that the LM rooms were filled by people who got free dining pin codes before Disney Visa and General Public codes came out.

But I'm wondering why it's excluded that week for all resorts, not just AoA..

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

For those of you who have iPhones, what Disney apps do you recommend? Free preferably. :p

I wonder why the free dining is excluded the week we are there (10/14-10/20). I read it is the 4th least crowded week of the year (I forgot which site). So wouldn't it make sense to have FD that week to attract more people?

We would not get it anyway (LM room), but it just makes me wonder.

But I'm wondering why it's excluded that week for all resorts, not just AoA..

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

After much searching, it seems as though those two weeks have been blacked out the past couple years. There are references on other threads to a golf tournament, conventions, and fall breaks in some school districts. I can't find specific details. :confused3

On other threads on this topic, some people have said that the LM rooms were filled by people who got free dining pin codes before Disney Visa and General Public codes came out.
Well I am there for a week 10/31-11/6 and no free dining.

We will be staying at AOA in LM Sept.15th to Sept.28th!
My DD is obsessed with Little Mermaid so it will be a nice surprise for her:)

autryrw said:
Thank you. I was getting so frustrated. Every time I pasted the link it would not work. I am so excited to see my countdown and it looks like we will be there within a week of one another.

Those tickers are half the fun of waiting for the trip. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the new resort.

We will be staying at AOA in LM Sept.15th to Sept.28th!
My DD is obsessed with Little Mermaid so it will be a nice surprise for her:)

We'll be there almost on the same dates - arriving 9/16 leaving 9/26 also in LM (DD is going to be SO surprised she thinks we're staying at AS Music) - maybe we'll see you there!

subscribing. we will be there Marathon weekend - Jan 10 - 13. - need to wait for payday before I make reservations for Nemo suite.

Had to switch to here to get free dining so I have a question, is there just one pool or are there multiple ones? We are staying in the Lion King section and was wondering if there was a quiet pool close. I am interested and I have lots of Riverside pics so it might be an interesting change.

Joining in! We are booked for Jan 4-10 at AoA in a Lion King suite. We really wanted Finding Nemo but no luck :( Hoping for FD!

Had to switch to here to get free dining so I have a question, is there just one pool or are there multiple ones? We are staying in the Lion King section and was wondering if there was a quiet pool close. I am interested and I have lots of Riverside pics so it might be an interesting change.

There are 3 pools. The big blue pool (outside Nemo suites), and 2 smaller pools outside LM and Cars rooms, and a splash area in the Nemo area.

Photos of the entire resort (well the open areas) are in this thread. Photos start at post 28.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934412&page=2

I don't know that there are any quiet pools, but the smaller ones are more likely to be quieter (from what I assume).

There are 3 pools. The big blue pool (outside Nemo suites), and 2 smaller pools outside LM and Cars rooms, and a splash area in the Nemo area.

Photos of the entire resort (well the open areas) are in this thread. Photos start at post 28.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934412&page=2

I don't know that there are any quiet pools, but the smaller ones are more likely to be quieter (from what I assume).

thanks!! I've been looking for a map! :thumbsup2

This is the first I am hearing of this, so thanks for posting it! Their reasoning makes sense (if it is controlling it themselves, what brand, how old, etc...). I don't understand why they have them in suites but not standard rooms (in any Value resort). Coffee drinkers stay everywhere. I don't care, it's more for DH. He says he does not care, but then we'll get there and he will start complaining.

From what I read (on this site), Nescafe is still being used in the food courts. There is a long thread about Nescafe. Therefore, using the refillable mugs will not even get DH actual coffee (just Nescafe). I believe it is pods in the coffee makers in the suites at AoA.

If we bring our fairly new coffee maker that has been used maybe 10x, I will unplug it when we leave the room. I usually follow rules though, so maybe I will not bring it. :)

regarding coffee makers being a fire hazard... i have always run into this problem with having a coffee maker in the work place as well. i looked on the internet and found this:

Coffee Makers/Pots – Due to their high fire risk, all coffee makers must have automatic shut-off features or be plugged into timers that will automatically shut off the unit at the end of the day. Alternatively, coffee makers must be UL approved for shock hazard and fire protection under UL Standards 1082 or 197. Exception: Coffee makers in Cafeterias/Institutional Kitchen areas and Coffee Shops are exempt from this policy.

and this:

Auto Drip Coffee makers that keep the caref of coffee warm/hot for
hours after can be fire hazards.

Inside the base of the coffee maker is a metal heat strip that turns
the power for heating off and on to regulate the heat. It's just a
cheap 10 cent piece. As the strip gets hot enough it expands and
pulls away closing the electrial curcuit. As it cools off again it
contracts and closes the circuit to heat some more. It's a back and
forth cycle until you either unplug the unit or switch it off.

NOW, what can go wrong is that the cheap 10 cent electric/heat
regulator switch can get STUCK in the CLOSED position. I have never
seen it happen before to a coffee maker but I have seen this happen to
many toasters that I have owned in the past. It burns the toast and
smokes and soon enough starts a fire.

But most all coffee makers now are made of plastic. If the unit gets
hot enough the whole thing and melt and then suddenly burst into
flames.

They make coffee makers these days with no heat base. They just pour
directly into a coffee canister that holds a lot of coffee and is well
insulated to keep the coffee inside warm. Those are a good
alternative.

so i am sure this is why they don't allow them. not that i wont attempt to maybe bring one and unplug/store it after making my coffee :)

Reports are that rollaway beds are available at Pop Century so I would assume they would be available for the LM rooms once they open.

Is that new? I know in the past they didn't, and I thought it wasn't allowed for fire codes as well. But I haven't kept up with Pop lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter