Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by HLAuburn, Jul 12, 2012.

1. PrincessSuzanne

PrincessSuzanne <font color=red>Guess I will be eating crow tonigh

You are correct, it is a fire hazard. I don't remember the rasoning, but I know I have read that somewhere.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Krystalynn

Krystalynn Mouseketeer

We are staying at All-Star Movies 11-29 to 12-1 this year. Am I crazy to keep trying for a LM room? I've been checking every day and so far no luck :(

4. Sunshinepixie27

Sunshinepixie27 Earning My Ears

How much of a long shot do you all think it would be for these locals to be operational by Oct 1? I sure do love my Starbucks, esp as an afternoon pick me up to help rejuvenate my tired feet!

5. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

One you make you ticker they usually give you three different options to copy and paste into your signature. The one that says for message board usually will not work on this site:confused3. Try the other options one of them will usually work.

Dee over at the Beach Club Thread has this posted and it seems to help.

Complete instructions for Making a Ticker and Adding to Signature

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find a ticker you like on someone's post. Click on it and it will take you to the site where it was created. You can then customize the background picture, text and dates.

When you are finished, a code will be created that you can copy and paste into your signature.

The code will look something like this:

{url=http://distickers.com/ticker/}{img}http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/7xmp2twsyl9lfoey.png{/img}{/url}

note: I have replaced the brackets [ ] with braces { } so the address could appear instead of the ticker.

Go to your User CP (upper left corner of this site)
    Under Your Control Panel, you will find Settings and Options.
    Here is where you can Edit Signature.

Copy and Paste the code from the ticker site you used into your signature.

The ticker, and anything else you add to your signature (smilies, names, past trips, links to trip reports) will appear at the bottom of all of your posts.

Please note that you only get a certain amount of space for your signature, so it part of it is cutting off, you may need to condense some of the stuff above it.

6. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

Keep trying! I think the problem is probably Nov 30. We had originally planned a weekend trip for 11/30-12/3, but I dragged my feet about booking and when I finally decided to, Friday night was SOLD OUT for LM. We were flexible on our dates, so I booked starting 12/1 instead, but within a week or so, 11/30 opened up, so we changed back to our original planned dates.

Also, since you can't book free dining with LM rooms, I would suspect that some people may decide to change to another value resort so they can take advantage of the deal.

So definitely keep checking! There IS hope! :goodvibes

7. mkleinbe

mkleinbe DIS Veteran

New thread, yay!! :cool1: We're in the beginning planning stages for our April 2013 trip. I want a Finding Nemo suite something awful!!!

8. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

same here. I haven't booked it yet though, I'll probably book next month.

9. DitkaFan

DitkaFan Mouseketeer

Just booked a short stay at AoA (2/6-2/9) in a LM room before our 7 day Disney Fantasy cruise that departs on 2/9. It will give us two days in the parks before to set sail :thumbsup2

We are very much looking forward to checking out the new resort. The pricing was very reasonable at $90 a room with AAA discount :cool1:

10. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

Checking in too! So excited to have a LM room for Sept 28 to Oct 8th :cool1: and going to the MNSSHP on Sept 30th!!

11. Krystalynn

Krystalynn Mouseketeer

That's great you got your original dates back! I heard about people not getting the free dining so hopefully someone will let it go eventually. I'll keep trying! Thanks :)

12. parkers218

parkers218 Mouseketeer

:sad: Had a Nemo room booked 12/15 moved it back 2 days to the 13th to get FD but no Nemo rooms:sad: CM booked us in Cars and told me I can switch if Nemo becomes availabe between now and Dec. Stated if not then at least Cars is closer to the Nemo pool than Lion King. Anyone stayed there recently have an opinion?? Which do you like better?? Should I stick with Cars or keep checking for Nemo to open up and switch?:confused3

13. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Buildings 1 and 3 in Cars and building 6 and 10 in Lion King (the only 2 LK buildings) look equidistant to the Nemo pool, so that CM comment doesn't help a lot. Building 2 in Cars is actually further away from the Nemo pool that the LK buildings.

Cars has its own pool but Lion King will not if that helps keep you in the Cars section. I would request either building 1 or 3 if I were you with a Cars reservation.

14. parkers218

parkers218 Mouseketeer

Thanks!! That helps alot:thumbsup2 Building 1 or 3 it is:goodvibes

15. MickiMouse1965

MickiMouse1965 Earning My Ears

Just got Nemo for free dining a little while ago. Also showing availability online.

16. skyfired

skyfired Earning My Ears

Keep trying!!! I finally got my LM room for October this morning after having none available for the past few days!! No FD, but I am so thrilled to stay at AoA anyway!!! :thumbsup2

17. Eoywin

Eoywin Chaos Mandy

Joining the new thread - hoping for a Nemo suite for our October 2013 trip! Though Lion King or Cars would be shiny too :goodvibes

18. bdoyledimou

bdoyledimou Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in

The best part of AOA is that you can choose your area!

We started with a Lion King suite -- but we always theme our trips, and we are going on a cruise so we themed Finding Nemo this year -- and switched to a finding Nemo suite!

Argh -- 39 more days cannot wait!

19. tracyheartsmickey

tracyheartsmickey Mouseketeer

Checking in... So excited about our girls only trip (my sister and our two daughters) in a LM room, Oct. 4-8.:goodvibes

20. maroney495

maroney495 Mouseketeer

Checking in to LM Nov 9 for 8 nights.....Really excited

21. autryrw

autryrw Earning My Ears

Thank you. I was getting so frustrated. Every time I pasted the link it would not work. I am so excited to see my countdown and it looks like we will be there within a week of one another.