Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

Booked AOA Nemo Suite 1/6-1/13. Made all of my ADR's too...I am so excited to see my kids faces when we get there.
I have changed my ADR's 3x already but as it now stands Liberty Tree Tavern, Rain Forest, T-Rex, Chef Mickey, Sci-Fi and Teppan Edo. Can you tell I will be with a child?

Tempted to book AoA for May 6-11, 2013. Its between Pop and AoA. Does AOa have its own bus to the parks?

Hi Kristy. I've looked at a million sites, threads, etc, lately, and it seems to me that I saw, on an official Disney site, that they don't want you to bring your own coffee maker. They said it was a fire hazard. Why would it be more of a hazard than the pots in the suites? I don't know. Maybe just because they can't control what brand, how old, etc. Anyway, I tried looking again now, and can't find where I saw it before.

So, you can pretend you never read this, or you think I'm a crackpot (that won't hurt my feelings:crazy:), you can leave the pot at home and struggle through with Nescafe, or you can unplug and "put away" the coffee maker when you are leaving the room, both for fire safety and to avoid any Dis hassles. KWIM?

This is the first I am hearing of this, so thanks for posting it! Their reasoning makes sense (if it is controlling it themselves, what brand, how old, etc...). I don't understand why they have them in suites but not standard rooms (in any Value resort). Coffee drinkers stay everywhere. I don't care, it's more for DH. He says he does not care, but then we'll get there and he will start complaining.

From what I read (on this site), Nescafe is still being used in the food courts. There is a long thread about Nescafe. Therefore, using the refillable mugs will not even get DH actual coffee (just Nescafe). I believe it is pods in the coffee makers in the suites at AoA.

If we bring our fairly new coffee maker that has been used maybe 10x, I will unplug it when we leave the room. I usually follow rules though, so maybe I will not bring it. :)

Just booked our Marathon weekend (and beyond) trip. Checking in 1/7/13, checking our 1/18/13. Little Mermaid room. I've registered for the Goofy Challenge! I am total whack-a-doodle.

We booked a LM room for September 2013. If free dining is offered though we will upgrade to POR. Either way we will be staying in a new resort for us. Prior trips we have always stayed at POP.

Krystalynn said:
We are staying at All-Star Movies 11-29 to 12-1 this year. Am I crazy to keep trying for a LM room? I've been checking every day and so far no luck :(

Have you tried Pop? A short walk over the bridge to check out the new digs. True you can't use the pool or be in a room, but more of an opportunity to set your sights than if you stay at asm.

We are staying in LM in November 2013. Can't wait to see photos and read reviews. I am hoping to be able to upgrade to a suite, but I am personally struggling with the additional $1,000. Maybe I will wait until I read some reviews...

We are staying at AOA in the LM rooms from Oct. 7th- 10th soo excited my lil girl loves LM shes so excited for her first trip

I just booked our first WDW trip for Spring Break next year...Can't wait to stay in a LM room at AoA! It looks very fun! We'll be there from March 10-15th.

Got our reservations for the Little Mermaid building October 22 - 26. I've got little girls so Little Mermaid was the only option for us. Too bad, there are no more Free Dining packages for the LM buildings. :surfweb:

I'm pretty sure there never were any FD set aside for LM. Someone can correct me, but for the specials that just came out July 12, LM was expressely blacked out. Since everyone who wants a value resort wants to stay there, I imagine they will be over 90% booked. The people who really need FD are switching over to another value and that is the only way people now are getting LM rooms in the October time frame. I tried 4 or more times a day for over a month every single day and there were no LM rooms available at all for my week until the day the FD was released to the GP. We can only hope that with everyone feeling FD is more important than Ariel, that they might open up some kind of special for the LM rooms.

I'm pretty sure there never were any FD set aside for LM. Someone can correct me, but for the specials that just came out July 12, LM was expressely blacked out. Since everyone who wants a value resort wants to stay there, I imagine they will be over 90% booked. The people who really need FD are switching over to another value and that is the only way people now are getting LM rooms in the October time frame. I tried 4 or more times a day for over a month every single day and there were no LM rooms available at all for my week until the day the FD was released to the GP. We can only hope that with everyone feeling FD is more important than Ariel, that they might open up some kind of special for the LM rooms.

They did have free dining for the Aug. Sept. Promotion for LM section because we have it for our stay Sept.15.

I wonder why the free dining is excluded the week we are there (10/14-10/20). I read it is the 4th least crowded week of the year (I forgot which site). So wouldn't it make sense to have FD that week to attract more people?

We would not get it anyway (LM room), but it just makes me wonder.

I wonder why the free dining is excluded the week we are there (10/14-10/20). I read it is the 4th least crowded week of the year (I forgot which site). So wouldn't it make sense to have FD that week to attract more people?

I hope you're right about it being a less crowded week since we'll be there too! :goodvibes

We are staying at All-Star Movies 11-29 to 12-1 this year. Am I crazy to keep trying for a LM room? I've been checking every day and so far no luck :(

I am checking as well. I need a LM room just for Nov 22nd. I already have one for FD Nov 23 - Dec 2nd. I used the pin that was out. If I can't find a LM room for the night I guess we will be doing a split stay. I would love to do a royal guest room for that night. My DD would love it. She has no idea about LM yet. She thinks we are staying at movies.

On other threads on this topic, some people have said that the LM rooms were filled by people who got free dining pin codes before Disney Visa and General Public codes came out.

We are so excited to have our first Christmas trip planned! We are excited to try this new resort. Love hearing all of your reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter