Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! I'll also be submitting a room request via Touring Plans.

I had great success with that service for our trip in June. Just make sure that if you make any choices during online check-in that they don't contradict what you requested through Touring Plans -- like, don't request a room in Bldg. 1 through TP and then indicate "lake view" on your online check-in. And I don't know if it helped or not, but in the comments section of the TP fax form, I indicated why I requested the room I did (in our case we wanted to be in Building 5, first floor but not facing the pool and preferably in the hallway of the room I requested. And if there was a lake view room available, that would be the icing on the cake, but that was the least important detail of our request.) That way, the room assigner knew exactly why I requested the room I did and could make a good choice for us if our specific room wasn't available. We got the room right next door to the one I requested...and it was as perfect of a location for us as I had imagined it would be.

There are 4 floors in the Little Mermaid buildings, right? How are the elevators? Stairs are an issue for me because of two knee surgeries I had within the last year. I know walking is going to make my knees hurt badly, so the last thing I want to do after getting off the bus at the resort is to then have to climb a bunch of stairs because the elevators don't work or are inconvenient. I'm hoping to get a room as close as possible to the buses/food court with a King bed since it's just me and DH.

Also, I haven't seen anything about a TP room request...I'll have to check that out :)

There are 4 floors in the Little Mermaid buildings, right? How are the elevators? Stairs are an issue for me because of two knee surgeries I had within the last year. I know walking is going to make my knees hurt badly, so the last thing I want to do after getting off the bus at the resort is to then have to climb a bunch of stairs because the elevators don't work or are inconvenient. I'm hoping to get a room as close as possible to the buses/food court with a King bed since it's just me and DH.

Also, I haven't seen anything about a TP room request...I'll have to check that out :)

Call and request a first floor room. It's only a request but you might as well add it.

Thanks @jenseib ! Do people find they have more success with requests when being specific, or with being broad?
For instance, is it better to ask for a King Bed in building 9, first floor, close to the food court?
Or is it better to say King bed close to food court?

Thanks @jenseib ! Do people find they have more success with requests when being specific, or with being broad?
For instance, is it better to ask for a King Bed in building 9, first floor, close to the food court?
Or is it better to say King bed close to food court?

Less is better

I think I found the answer on another thread- I guess on Rainy days, characters now appear at a handful of resorts...

Ahhh, yes. I've read that as well -- that on bad weather days they send a few characters out to the resorts. I didn't realize it was raining on the day in reference.

How is the Wifi in the Little Mermaid rooms? I will need to check my work email once we arrive and do a few things for work the night I arrive and need a descent internet connection.

I'm considering AoA for a trip next summer, does anyone know if the resort has been included before in free dining offers? Thanks. :)

Just got back from a last minute trip to AOA. We had 2 reservations for Little Mermaid rooms but were both upgraded to suites. After staying in other Value resorts, I wasn't really interested in staying at AOA. After staying in a suite, I'd happily come back and pay the extra money. The suites were so convenient for our family versus any Moderate or Deluxe room we've stayed for that price range. The only outstanding issue is the lack of extra towels by the pool. If they'd add that service like they do at Moderates and Deluxes, we'd have nothing to complain about.

Just got back from a last minute trip to AOA. We had 2 reservations for Little Mermaid rooms but were both upgraded to suites. After staying in other Value resorts, I wasn't really interested in staying at AOA. After staying in a suite, I'd happily come back and pay the extra money. The suites were so convenient for our family versus any Moderate or Deluxe room we've stayed for that price range. The only outstanding issue is the lack of extra towels by the pool. If they'd add that service like they do at Moderates and Deluxes, we'd have nothing to complain about.

Nice upgrade! We feel the same way...that for the price, it's a better option for our family than spending the same amount at a Moderate or Deluxe. The 2 bathrooms and a private master suite are major factors for us. The 3 times we've stayed in a suite at AoA there have always been carts full of towels on the first floor by the elevators. Unfortunately, if you don't use the elevator or walk to that area on the first floor, you wouldn't know they were there. The first time we stayed in a suite we didn't need to walk past the elevators so we just called mousekeeping and had them bring extra towels to the room. The next morning we just left a note again asking for extra towels. They left us extra towels every day after that. Later that week we noticed the towels by the elevators. Now we just take the towels from our room to the pool and then swing by the cart on the way back to the room to grab fresh towels to use in the room.

Didn't I see a recommendation to possibly lock your resort mugs in a locker by the big blue pool in the morning so they'd be handy when you get back at night?
1. How close are the lockers to the food court?
2. How much does it cost and how do you pay?
3. Do they close up the locker area by a certain time at night?

Thanks!

Am I reading the first page correctly? The only standard rooms are Little Mermaid themed?

I was thinking of booking my 13 year old son and I into AoA until I read that. I thought there would be suites and standards among all the themes and was going to request a Nemo room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter