Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Is there an activity schedule for Aug online somewhere?

I am also torn on if we should should request a specific room. Seems like top floor has advantages but ground floor does too. I assume a room that is quiet, has a nice view and is close to everything does not really exist.

We will be in a Nemo suite. Any suggestions?

Hi all,

I am really tossing up with the idea of a rental car. This will be my first time to WDW coming from Australia - where we drive on the other side! i have driven a car once in hawaii, and found it tricky at first, but got used to it after a while.
Staying in the Little Mermaid rooms, i know it will save us a lot of walking. however, it is an added expense to think about.
I love the idea of the freedom, to park hop, and to go to resorts as we please.
I don't love the idea that i will need to watch what i drink. i am not a huge drinker, but i like to enjoy the occasional cocktail - especially on holiday.
I will be visiting with my Mother, who is not in the best shape, and is also not a great driver. i don't feel comfortable with her sharing the car duties, with her driving on the other side.

we are looking at about $450-$800 for two weeks car hire. (under 25 so that bumps up the price). i could lie and put my mother down as the driver to lower the price, but i worry about the risks.

What would you do?

If you are only visiting WDW and have no other plans, such as for Universal Studios, I think in your case (under 25 and a long stay) I would use the Disney transportation. Having a car to save on walking around AoA isn't really justification enough, for me.

I like having a rental car while staying at a WDW resort, but the times I have had one, it has been specifically because of other plans outside of WDW property.

Is there an activity schedule for Aug online somewhere?

I am also torn on if we should should request a specific room. Seems like top floor has advantages but ground floor does too. I assume a room that is quiet, has a nice view and is close to everything does not really exist.

We will be in a Nemo suite. Any suggestions?

Personally, I thought the room we had in the Nemo section in June did fit all of those criteria -- quiet, nice view, and close to everything. We were in room 5518. It's on the first floor of Building 5 in the wing that juts out towards the Lion King section. In general, the first floor is usually the noisiest because of all the foot traffic from people either just using the building as a pass through or just walking through to get to the elevator. Because this room wasn't in the main hallway, we didn't have that walk-through foot traffic. We had no issue with noise -- not in the hallway, not next to us, and not above us. We were a few steps from the pool and not very far from the food court and bus stops. We had a lake view room (though we always had the curtains closed so the view wasn't really that important to us).

We had stayed in a LK suite on our last 2 stays at AoA -- always a 4th floor room at the end of the building closest to Animation Hall. We really enjoyed those locations and were spoiled by how quiet it was on the top floor. Those rooms had us very close to transportation and the food court. One of them had a parking lot view (which really was a view of the tops of the trees since we were on the top floor -- we had to stand right at the window and look down to see the parking lot) and one was a courtyard view. It was a quick walk to the Nemo pool. So for us, those rooms met all of the same requirements -- quiet, nice view, and close to everything. When we decided to stay in Nemo suite this time, I was very worried about noise because we really wanted to be on the first floor this time. I thought long and hard about a room location before requesting it. I wanted to make sure it met all of our requirements (1st floor, quiet, not facing the pool, close to transportation/food court). Because I wanted to make sure we were in Building 5 rather than Building 4, I decided to use the room fax request service at Touring Plans. I specifically requested Room 5520 but really only cared about being in that specific hallway and preferably facing the lake. I didn't really care which room we had as long as we were in that hall. We really felt our room location was perfect for us and I wouldn't hesitate to request that location again.

Just wondering if anyone has ever been upgraded from Little Mermaid to a suite? I've heard it's happened occasionally when they're busy.

Help me. First timer. We are booked for 7 nights at AoA in Oct and have dining reservations already but we are considering upgrading to a suite there. What's the easiest way to do this- call on the phone and see if any of the suites are available our week? I don't want to mess up our existing reservations.

Help me. First timer. We are booked for 7 nights at AoA in Oct and have dining reservations already but we are considering upgrading to a suite there. What's the easiest way to do this- call on the phone and see if any of the suites are available our week? I don't want to mess up our existing reservations.

Changing your room reservation should not impact any of your dining reservations. You do not need a room to book dining.

Cant believe that we will be staying here for the first time in just 3 more days!!! Completely freaking out with excitement!! We will be staying in a cars suite!!

Can anyone tell me how about how long the buses take to each park?

Is there an iron in the room?

Thanks!!!

I just realized this is the first time I'm staying on - site and feel like I'll need to do laundry. I've placed a Garden Grocer order - just I add detergent to the order - or is there a better option for doing laundry at AofA?

Hello, we're booked into a Little Mermaid room in October. My 4.5 year old Ariel superfan is over the moon. I know the Little Mermaid rooms are the furthest from the main building. I am thinking of doing a room request fax on touringplans. Which Little Mermaid building is closest?

Cant believe that we will be staying here for the first time in just 3 more days!!! Completely freaking out with excitement!! We will be staying in a cars suite!!

Can anyone tell me how about how long the buses take to each park?

Is there an iron in the room?

Thanks!!!

Once you're on the bus at AoA and ready to head out to a park it is less than a 10 minute ride to DHS, EP, and AK. MK is about 20 minutes. Of course, this is all depending on traffic conditions, but those were the average times we experienced during our 3 stays at AoA.

Yes, there is an iron and ironing board in the room.

I just realized this is the first time I'm staying on - site and feel like I'll need to do laundry. I've placed a Garden Grocer order - just I add detergent to the order - or is there a better option for doing laundry at AofA?

I usually just pack a few sample packets or travel-size laundry detergent packets that I purchase at Target or Walmart and then I grab a few Shout Color Catcher sheets and Softener sheets from my laundry room at home and put them in ziploc bags to take with me. And then I never end up doing laundry anyway, but I like having them with me just in case. Some people like to bring some of the Tide Pods from home or simply put some powder detergent in ziploc bags to take along. You can also purchase laundry supplies at the resort but they're $2 each per load.

If you haven't done so already, bookmark this website:

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

Hello, we're booked into a Little Mermaid room in October. My 4.5 year old Ariel superfan is over the moon. I know the Little Mermaid rooms are the furthest from the main building. I am thinking of doing a room request fax on touringplans. Which Little Mermaid building is closest?

There is a map of the resort on the first page of this thread. You're going to want to request a room in either Building 7 or Building 9 at the end closest to the Lion King section and then decide what type of a view you would like (lake, courtyard, parking lot) and base your request on that. I had a great experience using the Touring Plans fax request for our room in the Nemo section this summer. I will definitely use that service again.

I usually just pack a few sample packets or travel-size laundry detergent packets that I purchase at Target or Walmart and then I grab a few Shout Color Catcher sheets and Softener sheets from my laundry room at home and put them in ziploc bags to take with me. And then I never end up doing laundry anyway, but I like having them with me just in case. Some people like to bring some of the Tide Pods from home or simply put some powder detergent in ziploc bags to take along. You can also purchase laundry supplies at the resort but they're $2 each per load.

If you haven't done so already, bookmark this website:

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

First of all - thanks for the suggestions - I will plan to pack a few travel sizes. Second of all - that site is amazing!! Brilliant idea! Thanks!!!

EEK! Online checkin and Fastpass booking is tomorrow! Any last minute recommendations on checkin requests? I think I'm shooting for Cars building 1, toward the lobby building end.

I requested 4th floor and lake view. We want quiet and we don't mind hauling the stroller upstairs. If it came down to it, I'd take either/or. I just want to be away from the pool in one aspect (height or direction). I realize the Cars pool isn't nearly as fun as the Nemo pool and likely quieter to begin with but my husband still asked to be ultra quiet.

EEK! Online checkin and Fastpass booking is tomorrow! Any last minute recommendations on checkin requests? I think I'm shooting for Cars building 1, toward the lobby building end.

I would choose "close to transportation" and whatever other request appeals to you. Or just request "close to transportation".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts