Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Booking Monday morning!!

Staying in AoA May 9th through 11th (then checking into an off-site house until the 18th!!)

So excited! Finding Nemo Family Suite, btw.

First time on-site!!! :cool1:

Just booked our December family trip back to AoA. The kids/grandkids in a Nemo Suite and my DH & I in a Little Mermaid room. My DIL is booking her parents into a Nemo Suite.

This will be my 3rd stay at AoA but my first in the Little Mermaid section. Love the family suites when traveling with young children. In early July, we had my DIL, the three young grandkids, my DH and I in a Cars Suite. It worked really well! Which is why we booked another round for December.

My DH actually prefers the AoA Food Court to any other food he's had at Disney! We're checking in a day before everyone else arrives, so I'm going to take him somewhere nice like Jiko's, so he knows that there is good food at WDW:)

Anyone know if you can use gift cards for arcade credits? Don't plan on carrying much money, and I'm sure my nephew would like to play. Just wondered if this would work or not.

Is the fridge situation affecting AoA? We are staying in a LK suite, daughter has MANY dietary restrictions that require us to bring her food...UGH! Arriving on the 1st! Can't wait! :cool1:

dizzycrazy said:
Is the fridge situation affecting AoA? We are staying in a LK suite, daughter has MANY dietary restrictions that require us to bring her food...UGH! Arriving on the 1st! Can't wait! :cool1:

Does not affect the suites, those are different, bigger refrigerators.

Hi! Loving this thread--I am getting lots of info! We are coming to AoA for one night in a Cars Suite (as a surprise for my 5-year-old DS) before a week at Kidani.

This may already have been addressed, and I apologize if so. I haven't made it through the whole thread yet. Does Landscapes of Flavor have chicken nuggets or chicken tenders? I saw "chicken meal" on the menu on AllEars, but I wasn't sure what kind of chicken that was.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

How many credits per game in the arcade? I know it varies per game, but just wondering if the 100 free credits is like 10 games or 20ish.

How many credits per game in the arcade? I know it varies per game, but just wondering if the 100 free credits is like 10 games or 20ish.

If its anything like it as before, that card was good for 2 or 3 games...I could be wrong but it seemed that way.

If its anything like it as before, that card was good for 2 or 3 games...I could be wrong but it seemed that way.

I think this is right.

I tried the one in the Polynesian and for instance PacMan was 30 points and Star Wars was like 60 points. Think the Air Hockey was around 60 points too if memory serves me right.

FD

I have been looking for the fax number to fax my room request. Does anyone have it? If so, please share!!! Or would I be better off doing it during on-line check in? Or both? TIA! Leaving in 2 days!

I have been looking for the fax number to fax my room request. Does anyone have it? If so, please share!!! Or would I be better off doing it during on-line check in? Or both? TIA! Leaving in 2 days!

Faxing requests isn't recommended anymore as reports are the resorts are either ignoring them or simply not accepting faxes.

The best best is to call the Walt Disney Travel Company and have your requests added to your reservation. Online check-in also has some room request options but you're limited to a set of pre-defined check boxes related to "close to transportation" or "ground floor" and each resort has some different selections available.

jcarwash said:
Faxing requests isn't recommended anymore as reports are the resorts are either ignoring them or simply not accepting faxes.

Correct. POR and POFQ are the only resorts that read and act upon faxed room requests. All others are tossed without being read.

FYI- I called the travel company eleven days out and was told that "close to transportation" isn't an accepted request for AoA: Cars because the buildings are all relatively close to the bus pick up area. It wasn't that big of an issue for us, so I didn't try again or make an issue out of it, but thought it was kind of a strange answer.

Did my online check in today! I didnt bother with any room requests (we're staying in a Cars family suite) because the only thing I'm hoping for is a room that is ready for us before 3pm (our flight gets in at 9:30 am)

Does anyone know if they have installed the new RFID soda machines yet at AoA? And if they are selling the new mugs... what colors are available? TIA :coffee:

Did my online check in today! I didnt bother with any room requests (we're staying in a Cars family suite) because the only thing I'm hoping for is a room that is ready for us before 3pm (our flight gets in at 9:30 am)

If your room isn't ready when you check in, you could always ask if there is anything ready in the other sections if you're not set on a Cars Suite.

Hi! Loving this thread--I am getting lots of info! We are coming to AoA for one night in a Cars Suite (as a surprise for my 5-year-old DS) before a week at Kidani.

This may already have been addressed, and I apologize if so. I haven't made it through the whole thread yet. Does Landscapes of Flavor have chicken nuggets or chicken tenders? I saw "chicken meal" on the menu on AllEars, but I wasn't sure what kind of chicken that was.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

I'm considering a one night Cars suite (at the end of our trip) to surprise my kiddos too!

bluezy said:
If your room isn't ready when you check in, you could always ask if there is anything ready in the other sections if you're not set on a Cars Suite.

Good idea! I love the cars suites, but the kids wouldn't mind staying in the Nemo suites either. We're going mid sept, and my TA mentioned she's usually lucky enough to get an early room at the resorts she's stayed at during off peak times. I'm packing our bathing suits in our carry on, so even if its not ready, we'll just hang by the pools/arcade/cafeteria until it is.

Does anyone know if they have installed the new RFID soda machines yet at AoA? And if they are selling the new mugs... what colors are available? TIA

There are reports of the new machines being installed at the resorts, but they are being used in non-RFID mode for now. I saw the new machines at All-Star Music but they are being used with the current mugs.

AoA might be getting the new machines installed too, but probably like the other resorts they will likely go in and be used with the current mugs.

And so, no new mugs/colors yet either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter