• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Can someone please expound on decorating the doors? We are headed to AoA next month and its my kids first trip! What do you do for decorations?

I would love this as well. We always have decorated our windows, but not sure how the door works. :thumbsup2

I can tell you that when we were at AoA a few weeks ago I didn't see any decorated doors in the buildings we went in. I walked through at least half of the halls in building 10 (Lion King) and all of the first floor halls of building 5 (Nemo) several times throughout the week and did not see any decorations. I know that the doors on the suites are not magnetic on the inside. I didn't specifically check the outside of the door, but I'm guessing that's not magnetic either.

I only went over to the Little Mermaid section one afternoon to swim in that pool but I didn't notice any decorated doors or windows there, either (but I wasn't specifically looking).

I did see several decorated windows when we walked over to Pop, though.

You can only use magnets. no tape is allowed. no tape is allowed in the rooms or windows either though.

I'm wondering about the sleeping situation at AoA? I know it
says sleeps 6 but where would 6 people sleep? I'm planning a trip with my husband 2 boys and my mother. I am wondering where my mother should sleep? My mother is in her early 50's so she's a young grandma but she still needs a comfy bed! Would it be better to put my mother in the murphy bed or the pull out bed and put my sons 10 and 5 in the opposite? or put the youngest with my mom in a bed? I just want everyone to fit and feel comfy!

says sleeps 6 but where would 6 people sleep? I'm planning a trip with my husband 2 boys and my mother. I am wondering where my mother should sleep? My mother is in her early 50's so she's a young grandma but she still needs a comfy bed! Would it be better to put my mother in the murphy bed or the pull out bed and put my sons 10 and 5 in the opposite? or put the youngest with my mom in a bed? I just want everyone to fit and feel comfy!

Based on our recent experience, I'd probably have your mom use the table bed and put the boys on the sofa bed. The table bed a little higher off the floor and easier to get in and out of than the sofa bed (in my opinion). We had 6 people in the room. DH & I (in the bedroom); DS 24 on the table bed; DS 14 on the sofa bed; DD 13 on an air mattress; and DD 8 decided that rather than share a bed with her brother (which was the plan up until we got ready to go to bed the first night) she would take the cushions from the couch, put a sheet over them, and slept on those. Worked out great for everyone since they're all used to sleeping in the their own beds and are restless sleepers...and there was still plenty of floor space to walk around.

I am 55 (for a few more days ;)) and I slept on this bed.

It was fine, and I didn't have any problem sleeping. I don't have a picture of it pulled out. Sorry.

It faces the TV, if that matters to you - like if your boys want to watch TV as they fall asleep, or if your mom does. It didn't affect us, because none of us watched it at bed time, but I know some people like to.

Here is the Murphy bed. It faces the bathroom and is right by the bedroom door.

Two of my granddaughters slept on it. They are 4 and 6. They thought it was super cool to sleep on a table bed! :goodvibes

It is right by the door, as soon as you walk in the room.

I think your mom would be fine in either bed. Hope the pictures help you visualize the room set-up, anyway. I have more, if you want to see them. Just let me know.

6 of us stayed in a suite back in December. It was me, my husband, our 3 girls and my mom. My mom, who is older than your mom but still a young grandma, slept in the bedroom with one of the girls. I slept on the pull out sofa bed with another kid while my husband and kid #3 slept on the murphy bed. The pull-out was lower to the ground but I didn't find it uncomfortable to sleep - until the night that kid #2 decided she had to sleep with MOMMY and so I shared the bed with 2 kids.

Apologises if this has already been asked, but do they have connecting rooms for the Little Mermaid rooms?

(Obviously connecting rooms are not guaranteed, subject to availability etc etc etc ;))

We are going for my daughters birthday and the only rooms that appear available are the cars suites and the Little Mermaid rooms, (plus two rooms is cheaper than the suite?????)

We will only being staying two nights and then we move into a 4 bed villa for the remainder of our trip.

Thanks in advance

Kirsten

Apologises if this has already been asked, but do they have connecting rooms for the Little Mermaid rooms?

(Obviously connecting rooms are not guaranteed, subject to availability etc etc etc ;))

We are going for my daughters birthday and the only rooms that appear available are the cars suites and the Little Mermaid rooms, (plus two rooms is cheaper than the suite?????)

We will only being staying two nights and then we move into a 4 bed villa for the remainder of our trip.

Thanks in advance

Kirsten

Yes, there are supposed to be connecting rooms in the LM section.

And yes, the suites are very expensive and so two LM rooms are still going to be cheaper in total.

:
Yes, there are supposed to be connecting rooms in the LM section.

And yes, the suites are very expensive and so two LM rooms are still going to be cheaper in total.

Thank you very much for your reply, now to sell it to hubby

:goodvibes

I'm staying at the AoA on August 13 when there is a vinylmation trade event at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. What would be the easiest way to get there? I'm guessing a taxi.

Just booked AoA for next July! Told the family we're getting a LM room. What they don't know is I actually booked a Cars suite.

I'm staying at the AoA on August 13 when there is a vinylmation trade event at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. What would be the easiest way to get there? I'm guessing a taxi.

Believe it or not there is a Disney Transport bus route from resorts to ESPN.

Jealous! Cars section is my favorite at AoA. It's a mini Cars Land.

I'm so excited! Now I have to keep the room choice secret until we get there. I stink at keeping secrets when I'm excited. LOL

We are staying at AoA in May 2014. I know people have mentioned a drawing class that is offered at the resort, but are there any other activities? I really don't plan on spending much time at the resort other than pool time, but it's always good to know everything that the resort offers!

And, speaking of that drawing class, is it for kids? Mine will be 4 and 5 when we travel...

Thanks!

We are booked for a Cars suite for November 2014.....super excited!!! Can someone correspond the numbers with the names of the buildings??? I've read several people say that they love the mater or the wagon wheel but the map only shows numbers.

We are booked for a Cars suite for November 2014.....super excited!!! Can someone correspond the numbers with the names of the buildings??? I've read several people say that they love the mater or the wagon wheel but the map only shows numbers.

Mater is Building 1, right by Animation Hall and Wheel Well/Lightning is Building 2 on the back side of the pool.

Looking toward Cars area from Big Blue pool.

From Cars buildings looking back toward Big Blue pool area.

You can see pool cones on right here.

Hope that helps you visualize the area and walking distance.

Thanks so much for the pictures....that does help. We requested Building one upper level with a pool view so I think we will be good to go. Closer than the LM rooms which was where I wanted to stay since it was $1200 cheaper. But we have 2 boys, and they were not keen on the LM. Even DH said that hike just to fill up our mugs would get old since we'll be there a week. I hope we made the right choice!!!

Thanks so much for the pictures....that does help. We requested Building one upper level with a pool view so I think we will be good to go. Closer than the LM rooms which was where I wanted to stay since it was $1200 cheaper. But we have 2 boys, and they were not keen on the LM. Even DH said that hike just to fill up our mugs would get old since we'll be there a week. I hope we made the right choice!!!

The Cars section is a great choice. It's what I would choose if I were reserving an AoA suite. Building 1 is also a good choice as it and building 3 are just a little closer to Animation Hall than building 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter