Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Geez!! How far in advance do you have to book?
Mainly because we live relatively close to WDW we usually don't book our stays too far in advance. I realize summertime is over the top crowded, but I haven't found a LM room available for months! It's just my daughter and me, so we don't need a suite. I just got this years school schedule and her first long weekend is the end of October, and no rooms are available. Yeah, I know it's Epcot Food & Wine time, but this is driving me crazy. Not my first choice to stay (particularly since with our Florida resident discount I can usually get a Deluxe Resort for the price of a AOA suite), but since it's new and we watched it being built over our many journeys here she is really feeling it. OK, end of rant....:rolleyes1

Geez!! How far in advance do you have to book?
Mainly because we live relatively close to WDW we usually don't book our stays too far in advance. I realize summertime is over the top crowded, but I haven't found a LM room available for months! It's just my daughter and me, so we don't need a suite. I just got this years school schedule and her first long weekend is the end of October, and no rooms are available. Yeah, I know it's Epcot Food & Wine time, but this is driving me crazy. Not my first choice to stay (particularly since with our Florida resident discount I can usually get a Deluxe Resort for the price of a AOA suite), but since it's new and we watched it being built over our many journeys here she is really feeling it. OK, end of rant....

I just plugged in arriving Friday Oct 25 2013 and departing Monday Oct 28 2013 and see availability for LM rooms...? Is availability affected by applying your Florida resident discount?

I just plugged in arriving Friday Oct 25 2013 and departing Monday Oct 28 2013 and see availability for LM rooms...? Is availability affected by applying your Florida resident discount?

Wow-good catch! I had been trying Thursday through Sunday, but I think I'll nail down Friday & Saturday for now and worry about Thursday night later.
Thank you
:worship:

To anyone that is dying for a Little Mermaid room, I just cancelled mine to switch for free dining for 10/2-10/7! Good luck if you aren't seeking free dining!!

Hi! we are going sept 10-18 and staying in lk suite! Sooo excited! We have a DD 8 DS 5 & a DD 8 months. We dont mind the walk but we have some adrs before 9 so kinda nervous want to make sure we make them. I have 3 ques...What time do buses start in sept? How often do they run? Btwn the 2 lk buildings how far is the walk to the buses and hall? TIA!!!
Leslie

I'm sorry if this is here somewhere, but if someone out there can quickly answer does main pool have a slide?
thanks

What is a RFID soda machine??

Disney is getting ready to switch to soda dispensers at the resorts that require the presence of an RFID (radio frequency ID) chip in the refillable mug or cup. Without the chip being detected the soda won't be dispensed.

At the resorts these new dispensers are being installed now but are being used in "non RFID" mode for now. Then they will switch over to new mugs and cups for use with these machines.

Hi! we are going sept 10-18 and staying in lk suite! Sooo excited! We have a DD 8 DS 5 & a DD 8 months. We dont mind the walk but we have some adrs before 9 so kinda nervous want to make sure we make them. I have 3 ques...What time do buses start in sept? How often do they run? Btwn the 2 lk buildings how far is the walk to the buses and hall? TIA!!!
Leslie

Buses were running about every 20 minutes when we were there in January. The earliest buses we caught were at 7, but someone said they started at 6:30 (not sure).

The walk from the LK section is not bad at all. We had DS8, DD5, DD4 (no stroller) and it took maybe 5 minutes to the center of the building where the elevator is. We were on the end closer to the hall, and it was even shorter. We did think one day that it might be shorter to walk around the side of the hall to get to the buses...nope. It took longer! Cut through the hall! :goodvibes

mom2cgj said:
Buses were running about every 20 minutes when we were there in January. The earliest buses we caught were at 7, but someone said they started at 6:30 (not sure).

The walk from the LK section is not bad at all. We had DS8, DD5, DD4 (no stroller) and it took maybe 5 minutes to the center of the building where the elevator is. We were on the end closer to the hall, and it was even shorter. We did think one day that it might be shorter to walk around the side of the hall to get to the buses...nope. It took longer! Cut through the hall! :goodvibes

Thanks so much I really appreciate it!!! Cant wait!

The phone lines have been crazy today at Disney. At least I can't get through anyway. But I will keep trying. So a heads up... I will be cancelling my Little Mermaid room for Nov 7-11 if anyone is looking for that time frame. Gonna get a room discount somewhere else. :)

Is going to food court from LM room a pita? Wondering if we shod get the refillable mugs....

Ya gotta remember you are walking all day everywhere so I don't consider it a big haul to go to the food court from the LM room. I do wish they would put a soda fountain at the LM pool though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter