• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jcarwash said:
I know you have someone checking for you but the expectation is the LM rooms will not have a coffee maker because they are standard value rooms. We'll find out soon though!

The fridges at Pop do not have any freezer capability, so it's likely there will be the same style in LM rooms.

Disney is currently listing the address as:
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

There is a tiny freezer. tiny as in you could lay a few water bottles on their side.

There is a tiny freezer. tiny as in you could lay a few water bottles on their side.

The refrigerators in the AoA suites have a tiny freezer section, but the style likely to be used in the LM rooms will be probably be the same as used at Pop Century, which are fridge-only. Will be glad to see them use the suite style in LM though...we'll see... :goodvibes

Thanks to all for the help with the address! I used 1850 Animation Way and Walmart seemed to like that address.

Just a heads up if anyone orders from Walmart...my estimated delivery is 9/12-9/17 so it can take longer than a week. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping our water arrives before we do on 9/15/12.

Only 1 more week!!

I would like to know if there is a coffee maker in the room. I doubt it but it would be nice! Also, is there a little freezer in the fridge?

I know for a fact they do not have coffee makers..I am a big ol' Grumpy without it in the mornings, so this was the first thing I checked on! I plan to bring my own 4 cupper.

I changed the address in the OP for no further confusion.

:scratchin Confused? Why would anyone be confused? :lmao:Haha..I just got off with 2 castmembers, wanted to ask a question about my reservation, and thought I would ask about the address of AoA..One gave me Century the other Animation!!!! When I questioned the 2nd cast member, explaining what the 1st said "Well, from what I remember Century turns into Animation, so either address will work." - I just let it go..ok then! Thanks for clearing that one up!:earseek:

I know you have someone checking for you but the expectation is the LM rooms will not have a coffee maker because they are standard value rooms. We'll find out soon though!

That's what I figure. DH is a coffee drinker and we are not going to have time to run back and forth to the food court in the AM to get coffee since we are leaving early a few mornings. We'll see though. I think the Nescafe in the food court will drive him nuts since it is not "real coffee" from what I understand.

:scratchin Confused? Why would anyone be confused? :lmao:Haha..I just got off with 2 castmembers

GOT OFF THE PHONE! Hahaha..I went to edit, thought was too funny, so decided to leave it..sigh..I need this vacation::yes::

You can turn the fridges as cold as they will go and it will at least get the water icy, I had that mistakenly happen at BWI last weekend.

Does anyone know if illuminations can be seen from aoa?
Also what type of coffee makers and how many coffe pods do they give u each day (and what type?) I like decaf and flavored and DH likes bold caffeinated ones!
Thanks

Also what type of coffee makers and how many coffe pods do they give u each day (and what type?) I like decaf and flavored and DH likes bold caffeinated ones!
Thanks

Yes, you can see Illuminations from the AoA. My family and I watched them while floating in the pool!

Thanks

Oops, forgot to respond about the coffee. It was the cuisinart pods, and I believe we got 4 of them per day. I like stronger coffee, so I brought my own Melitta pods.

AliceIn said:
Yes, you can see Illuminations from the AoA. My family and I watched them while floating in the pool!

Thanks!
Should one still try I see illuminations at Epcot? Trying to figure out timin with a 4 your old and 8 month old ....

newbie2013 said:
Thanks!
Should one still try I see illuminations at Epcot? Trying to figure out timin with a 4 your old and 8 month old ....

Oh, yes, Illuminations is not to be missed, you can't get the meaning if you don't see it at Epcot with the sphere and all the lighting.

Thanks!

Yes, I highly recommend seeing Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot itself. While you may be able to see parts of the fireworks portion from AoA, it's really a musical show to be seen at Epcot itself for the full experience. Fireworks are incorporated but it's not a traditional fireworks show.

love fireworks, and everything Disney...but seeing Illuminations with 2 young kids is not really a must do. They won't get it, and the waiting around sitting at a spot for the show to begin is not fun. Maybe try Wishes at MK, and save illuminations for when they are older? Just our experience and opinion. Others may say no way its a must do....this is coming from going to Disney every year since our boys were babies.

I'll be checking into the Art of Animation Lion King Family room on 10/25. I'm so glad I found this tread. Subscribe!:wave2:

Just joining in...may be staying here in 2013 & started reading everything I can about it. :goodvibes

7 days for us! I'm packing this weekend.
I still have to go to the store to get a few things - 2 more Frogg Toggs, a bottle of vodka,

Vodka? Oh my, you do need a vacation. Is that from being a teacher? :lmao:

When they stop cooling, you just re-wet them.
We've never been when it's hot, and it may be pretty warm when we go next week.

I've been in Sept. and it's a wonderful time to go, but the last time I did, on two different days the heat was the worst I ever experienced. One day it was so bad I got heat exhaustion and my family had to get me into the pool before I passed out. (luckily there was one nearby.) I now take a kerchief like you're describing and it helps a lot. Have a wonderful trip!

Just joining in...may be staying here in 2013 & started reading everything I can about it. :goodvibes

Welcome, this is a wonderful thread!

mickeye said:
Vodka? Oh my, you do need a vacation. Is that from being a teacher? :lmao:
!

Well, it's one bottle for me and DH and our trip is 11 days. It's for having a beverage in the evening while the kids are swimming or watching tv.

But it has been a hectic start this school year. I'm the computer teacher, and on day 1 I had a kindergartener who wouldn't stay in his chair. I asked him to please sit down, and he put his hands on his hips and yelled, "NO!"

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter