Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting anxious to start seeing a more in-depth look at LM!!! Just one more week to go :goodvibes

Looking at more images of the LK suites, the white walls do not look good to me, total clash to the theme. Looks cheaper. Orange or a light yellow/ orange or even green would have made sense. Why Disney would ever have white walls is beyond me. Thats just asking for constant maintenance. Hopefully the LM walls stayed blue.

Just a heads up -

Photos of the Little Mermaid section are starting to show up today (9/10) on Twitter. Looks great!

Check out @touringplans and @JL_Davis

:thumbsup2

I just answered you on the other thread, but I'll answer here too because this one is supposed to be the FAQ thread. :goodvibes.

According to the Disney Food Blog, TIW is accepted:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...t-landscape-of-flavors-food-court/#more-58092

Thank you J! I emailed TIW and got the same answer. It'll be nice for a change to stay somewhere where the QS place takes TIW since we have never stayed at a value before! I appreciate your checking for me. And answering. Twice. :blush:

Just a heads up -

Photos of the Little Mermaid section are starting to show up today (9/10) on Twitter. Looks great!

Check out @touringplans and @JL_Davis

:thumbsup2

Great! The pics look great! They are the first real pics of a LM room I've seen.

Getting anxious to start seeing a more in-depth look at LM!!! Just one more week to go :goodvibes

Looking at more images of the LK suites, the white walls do not look good to me, total clash to the theme. Looks cheaper. Orange or a light yellow/ orange or even green would have made sense. Why Disney would ever have white walls is beyond me. Thats just asking for constant maintenance. Hopefully the LM walls stayed blue.

You know, we stayed in LK. DH said the hallways were just like any other hotel. With the white walls and muted murals I understood what he was saying. I popped into a Cars building and just having a colored wall made a big difference. I think theirs were more of a yellowish orange. It definitely felt more cohesive or themed.

Ohhh you're referring to inside the suites aren't you? There was so much color going on in there that I didn't remember, but I think I noticed that too.

Josh's pic have me so excited! We check in to LM on 10/14 and I can't wait. DD(4) knows we are going to WDW, but none of the details. She's going to be floored when we get to AoA, but I suspect maybe a little disappointed that we're not staying in a LK room.

Looking great for LM!
Though I won't lie, very disappointed in the pool. They should have had Sebastion or something at least with some water effect going into the pool. But at the same time, there are other pools. However, considering its the only area with standard rooms, they should have done more theming.

Still excited though and can't wait to be there next week!!!! Happy to be one of the first to stay at the resort. Although I'm usually against staying at values, I'm sure I will not regret the switch this time as it really does seem to be a step above and it looks like it will be lots of fun to take a nice walk through the property, especially in the evenings!!!!

OK, I am not impressed with the LM section, especially the pool area.... Now I am thinking about switching my reservation to POP preferred location.

Disneylvr said:
OK, I am not impressed with the LM section, especially the pool area.... Now I am thinking about switching my reservation to POP preferred location.

I'm with you a little bit on this. I dont love the pool. I'm a little worried about the distance from the main building. I'm just not sure now. The pool really has me reconsidering. I do love POP too so it wouldn't be an awful thing if I had to switch. Im really second-guessing.

I read on a blog that AoA has real brewed coffee, but I thought the food court had Nescafe. :confused3 Any idea?

I'm 99% sure the food court coffee is the same Nescafe as everywhere else.

Maybe this fact is coming from that the suites have in-room coffee makers where you can brew your own coffee that's not Nescafe.

I'm with you a little bit on this. I dont love the pool. I'm a little worried about the distance from the main building. I'm just not sure now. The pool really has me reconsidering. I do love POP too so it wouldn't be an awful thing if I had to switch. Im really second-guessing.

We are really torn right now. We have never stayed at POP so either resort would be a new experience for us..... For now, I will keep our reservation for AoA. Has anyone confirmed that there will be a refillable mug station at the LM pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter