Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to be there in four weeks in a little mermaid room - where's best to see Epcot fireworks from

We're going to be there in four weeks in a little mermaid room - where's best to see Epcot fireworks from

I was at AoA-LM last Dec. This was the view from outside our room, ground floor.

If I remember correctly, we were on the back side of bldg 9.

How is the sound-proofing in the suites? We always seem to have crazy noisy kids either next to us or above us when staying in hotels. Don't get me wrong, my kids aren't angels, but the last hotel we were at I thought the ceiling was going to come crashing down from the heard of elephants above us! Maybe I should request the top floor?

How is the sound-proofing in the suites? We always seem to have crazy noisy kids either next to us or above us when staying in hotels. Don't get me wrong, my kids aren't angels, but the last hotel we were at I thought the ceiling was going to come crashing down from the heard of elephants above us! Maybe I should request the top floor?

We stayed in Nemo, and I never heard anyone on either side of us or above us. The only time I heard people was late at night sometimes when they would come back from the parks at 10:30pm and were running down the halls and talking loudly. I can't complain though, b/c my kids did the same thing at 6:30am when we were leaving for the parks. No matter how many times I reminded them to be quiet, they always forgot b/c they were so excited!

Booked a cars suite.. Which building should I request? Any suggestions

We requested Building 1 (Mater), pool view. We ended up with that and ground floor. It was perfect! I liked not having to fight with the elevator and a 2 year old. We thought it was the perfect location!

This is an amazing view. Shame Disney don't play the music into the rooms to coincide with the fireworks :)

It's an okay view...but remember that you can see only the high up fireworks! It isn't a substitute for being there. I had a better view on the third floor at Pop...but it wasn't the same as being there.

Other than the jet engine toilets, soundproofing is pretty good. We rarely heard anyone on either side of us. I could hear when things were dropped on the tile floor above us, but DD didn't notice.

It seemed whenever a door was shut (and most people let them slam) anywhere in the building, the building shakes. Same goes for toilets ~ anytime one was flushed in the building, you could hear it.

I was in Nemo 3rd floor and I didnt much noise at all. Not even the toilet flushing thing. Mornings sometimes youd hear some excited kids going down the hall same in evening but its disney I think that should be expected. Overall Id say one of the quietest rooms weve had.

Request top floor, it will be very quiet. We had no issues.

Have any adults slept on the table bed? Is it as bad as a pull out couch? Trying to decide where to stay if I go up with a friend and our kids. One adult would get the regular bed and I figured the other would get the table bed because it looked more like a murphy/real bed from the few pictures I've seen.

Thanks!

I really enjoyed staying here on my recent visit..except for mousekeeping.
Every single morning at 8 am she would knock once and then open the door. She didn't wait for a response. She would just open it. One morning she didn't even knock! She just opened the door!
When I ran to the door, as we were half asleep in bed, all she was doing was asking how everything was and if we needed anything.
This was great to be asked and everything..just not this early in the morning and not without waiting for a full response.
I could have been undressing at the time.

Every single morning at 8 am she would knock once and then open the door. She didn't wait for a response. She would just open it. One morning she didn't even knock! She just opened the door!
When I ran to the door, as we were half asleep in bed, all she was doing was asking how everything was and if we needed anything.
This was great to be asked and everything..just not this early in the morning and not without waiting for a full response.

Are there no deadbolt locks on the doors? Or do not disturb signs?

We had a ground floor corner unit and we didn't notice noise much at all.

There is Do Not Disturb and privacy locks. We were fortunate in not having the mousekeeping problem with early entrance that the PP had! :thumbsup2

Overall, we loved this resort and are planning on staying there again in March 2014. :goodvibes

we have had this experience numerous times at Disney resorts. . even if we have the do not disturb sign out, they knock .. just to make sure you dont' want to be disturbed!:laughing: actualy, they want you to sign something saying you don't want service. I just don't want to be woken. (yes you can call ahead of time, but you aren't always sure what your plans are).

We were on the first floor and the only thing I heard was the toilets. Occasionally we would hear the pool music when we were back in the room for nap time for our youngest, but he slept just fine.

Our Mousekeeping was fabulous! They never disturbed the room when we had the sign up. We did get back one afternoon and they were cleaning our room so we waited in the hall. That was a little weird because we've never been in that situation before! :lmao: But when they came out one evening and changed the sheets on the master because a certain 2 year old dumped his cup of sprite all over the bed they were definitely heroes in our eyes!

Booked a cars suite.. Which building should I request? Any suggestions

We stayed in the Lightning McQueen building and had a nice view of the Lake and Pop. While it is technically the farthest building, it is a matter of an extra minute walk, so not a big deal. My boys loved it because they got to walk past all of the cars each time we went somewhere instead of having to go out of our way to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter