1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

If you want a room at AoA closer than the LM wing, then a suite is the only option.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ManyMinnie

ManyMinnie DIS Veteran

If you want a closer building without an almost 10 min walk, you will be paying almost $400 a night, at a "value". According to the WDW website, the average price of a room at AoA is $383.

You can stay deluxe for that price and have so many more amenities than AoA offers.

4. RyMacJ

RyMacJ DIS Veteran

We'll be in a Nemo suite in about 2.5 weeks. Our suite cost $300 per night for weeknights, $340 for weekend nights.

Hard to swallow when I could have stayed at AKL for that price for just the 4 of us, but MIL and my mother are coming too, and we all wanted to stay in the same room, so the AoA suites were our best option.

I'm excited though. I think my girls will love this resort. We can stay at deluxes when they're older. Heck, we watched the planning dvd, and DD5 wants to say in the "star room" next. She is talking about one of the All Stars (she has an obsession with stars in general), so that's what we'll do next trip. They are this age for such a short amount of time.

5. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Are the door metal? Wanted to put a magnet or two on the door..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

6. Southern Bell

Southern Bell DIS Veteran

Values*15%/Mod*20%/Deluxe*30%

AOA 15% Discount
    Suites(Lioin King, Cars, Nemo) Family of 6
    Sunday-Thursday- $295.80**Friday-Saturday-$338.30

Little Mermaid Standard Room? No Summer Discount
    Family of 4
    Sunday-Thursday $148.00**Friday-Saturday-$173.00

Just a few Comparison's

Summer Discount 15% All Stars Music & Sports Family of 4
    Standard Room-Sun-Thurs-$113.05**Fri-Sat-$134.30
    Preferred room-Sun-Thurs-$126.65**Fri-Sat-$147.90

All Star Music Suites family of 6-Sun-Thurs-$259.25**Fri-Sat-$301.75

Pop family of 4
    Standard room-Sun-Thurs-$121.55 **Fri-Sat-$142.80
    Preferred Pool View-Sun-Thurs-$$138.55**Fri-Sat-$159.80

Port Orleans
    Family of 4 Standard View $160.80**Waterview $180.80

Port Orleans**Family of 5/not including infant
    Riverside- $164.80 *** Garden view-$194.80

Disneys Key West $347.90 a night
    Full Kitchen/fridge/microwave, One bedroom, Living room sofa makes a bed,
    DVD Player, Washer & Dryer, balcony,

7. ADisneyQueen

ADisneyQueen DIS Veteran

The rates are even better for values and moderates starting Aug. 4th. LM rooms are $117, POP is $96, I think the mods are around $150 something . This includes tax and is the Sun- Thurs. rate. AOA suite was around $240 plus tax.

8. Hollywoodhaha

Hollywoodhaha Cat lady in training

I don't understand the complaint about the walk for the Little Mermaid room.

It really wasn't that bad to me.

9. Hollywoodhaha

Hollywoodhaha Cat lady in training

Our room didn't have a do not disturb sign.
    And I had the deadbolt off because I would go outside to check the weather then go back and lay down, my friend was still asleep though.

We joked that she was my friend's wake up call because she never wakes up before 9 :lmao:

10. ManyMinnie

ManyMinnie DIS Veteran

Depends on what building you were in. A couple rooms more and we would have been at the absolute end of building 8 (Ariel bldg).

11. ksloane

ksloane DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed at AoA yet, but I have never minded the walks at any of the resorts we stayed at if we were far away. But I can see why others wouldn't like them. Some are long walks. I just take in the scenery as I walk and enjoy it.

12. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

I think a lot of it also depends on the length of your trip and your touring style. We do 12 to 14 hour park days quite often. After 10 miles on our feet touring parks, each step feels like at least a hundred.

13. sunnydays28

sunnydays28 Mouseketeer

We will be in a LM room in May so I am starting to think of the room requests I need to make, I have a few questions:

My daughter and husband have severe allergies and POR is doing a deep clean for our split stay room before we arrive. Does AoA offer this type of room?

We have to be as far way from smoke as possible and it looks like building 9 is the only one that does not have a smoking area. Are these areas marked accurately?

Assuming we are in building 9, do the sidewalks run alongside the parking lot and grassy area so we could walk that way to the busses or do we need to go through the Lion King courtyard?

From photos, it looks like there are large character murals on the ends of each building, is this where the stairwells are?

Are the elevators in the middle of the entire building, like behind Ariel, Ursula and Triton or in the middle of each wing of the building?

Where are the movies held? And can you see any of it from the higher floors in LM or Nemo?

Is the only way into the food court through Animation Hall or is there an entrance at the end of AH facing Lion King section?

Thanks all!:banana:

14. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I don't have my building map accessible to me right now but I am pretty sure there was only 1 smoking area in the om section. There is one on the back side of animatirs hall though that you will walk by.

15. ManyMinnie

ManyMinnie DIS Veteran

We found that people smoked all over, regardless of where the smoking sections were, including right outside our room (neighbor).

There are sidewalks around the edge of the parking lot, so you could walk there instead.

I only saw signs for the movies in the Lion King section, they may have them on the other side of the resort, I'm not sure.

There is an entrance on the backside of Animation Hall towards the pool, but you have to walk past a heavily used smoking area.

16. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

There are stairwells on the ends of the buildings behind the murals. There are stairwells in the center too with the elevators.

The elevators are in the center of each building behind the characters.

17. PrincessPiperMommy

PrincessPiperMommy Mouseketeer

I'm sooooo excited we will be staying here for the first time this Oct. Nemo was sold out so we decided on Lion King. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where the best location would be? TIA

This thread has some great information!!! :thumbsup2

18. donnac1218

donnac1218 Mouseketeer

Just stayed at AoA from 4/10-4/16. (and missing it terribly!!!!!) Best location for Lion King would be Bldg 10, in my opinion. It's the one closest to the buses and Animation Hall. Bldg 6 is on the side near the lake and bridge to Pop Century. I loved AoA!!! It was great. Good luck!

19. DevonsDisneyMom

DevonsDisneyMom DIS Veteran

That is the average price for one of the family suites. The standard rooms in the LM section are 1/2 that price. We are going in mid June and booked a one night say in a LM room before are package starts at AKL for $166.

20. donnac1218

donnac1218 Mouseketeer

We left AoA on Tuesday and due to the marathon tragedy, we were not sure if we would be forced to stay another night. (luckily, we were not) They did set aside a suite which was going to be $347 and a LM room for $141, so it was certainly a difference, but obviously because it was a suite. The suites were amazing and the bathrooms...exceptional! Well worth the money.

21. PrincessPiperMommy

PrincessPiperMommy Mouseketeer

Thank you so much!!! I'm so excited! :cool1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.