Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

::yes:: Don't you just hate when they move the resort back when you're gone for the day? :lmao:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

It's so unDisney of them

4. smidgy

smidgy dimples

:rotfl2: hilarious!!!!!
    checking into a LM room a week from tomorrow!!!!:dance3:

5. eeudj

eeudj Mouseketeer

HI everyone!! SOOOOO excited just booked a Cars suite for our family trip in June. Have a 17 and 14 year old and the extra room in our opinon is worth the splurge.. shoot the extra bathroom is. ;) Any recomendations on room requests?

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Nope.

7. jackie311

jackie311 Earning My Ears

thank you!

8. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

I have been following these AoA threads since before construction even began and finally.........................we will be there in less than 48 hours! Hope it lives up to my expectations!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

9. HHMcG

HHMcG Mouseketeer

I just booked our flight for our next Disney vacation. :yay: We just have to make some final decisions and I will be booking our suite and AoA.

I am undecided as to which theme to pick. The kids won't know about the trip until later so I can't just ask them. I've been trying to ask them in other ways but it is just confusing the issue. I am tempted to just pick the generic family suite and let fate decide where we stay. Has anyone done this? Where did you end up?

I'm also booking a suite for the ILs. We would like the suites to be close (same building, same floor). Do you think this is likely? More likely if we don't choose a specific theme?

Just thinking out loud....
    - My kids have never seen Lion King (though my youngest loves to walk around and roar so that may be entertaining).
    - They like Cars, but don't love it. I have to go back and look at the pictures to see if Sally or Holly Shiftwell are shown. My DD would want the girls represented.
    - They like Nemo. The DW attractions (The Living Seas) even more then the movie. I think that would be my first choice.

10. dtr_angel

dtr_angel You're really cute, but I have no idea what you ar

If I were you I would pick Nemo. Big blue pool and close to everything. But I've never been there yet and that's what I picked lol. If they don't love cars and don't know lion king Nemo seems like the best choice. I don't think you can go wrong with any theme. I'm sure we will be back to stay at cars when my little guy is older!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

11. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

12. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

I booked Nemo because 1) kids hate Cars so that section was out; and 2) Nemo was closer to the front than Lion King.

13. Funfire240

Funfire240 DIS Veteran

Have fun and enjoy your trip :)

14. Steph2527

Steph2527 DIS Veteran

We just arrived here at AOA today! This resort is beautiful! We are in building 7 LM with a king bed (as requested). The walk from the main building is a little long compared to our usual POP or POR preferred, but not as bad as i had read about in the past! Today we tested out the pool in our (LM) section and it was great! tomorrow we plan on tying out the big blue pool! The theming of this resort is amazing! We have a lake view looking across to POP which is nice too! I think we made the right decision staying here!

15. jska482

jska482 Mouseketeer

That's great! So, is it 1 king bed instead of 2 fulls? We are a family of 4 w/kids age 4&7. We prefer suites at most hotels, but we're gonna give LM a try in building 7(requested). Enjoy!

16. Steph2527

Steph2527 DIS Veteran

Yes, it's one king, instead of 2 doubles. Everything here in the room from the carpet to the shower curtains/ tiling of the bathroom, it's all amazing! Pictures didn't do it justice for me!

17. operationremie

operationremie Mouseketeer

My girlfriend and I were looking at hotels for when I go down in January for the Marathon Weekend. We (more her cause of the Little Mermaid) decided to stay here. I can't wait.

18. GOOFYsince71

GOOFYsince71 <font color=blue>I know there is no glass slipper

:beach:HI..20th visit to WDW but FIRST to AOA...
    Can anyone review the comfort of the Beds there?
    We are staying in the Nemo Suites....But have stayed
    at Pop a few times and know from experience how "HARD"
    the mattresses are there...!!!!

19. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I stayed in LM room sand thought they were wonderful, but I thought Pop bes were fabulous too and I have a bad back and hard beds REALLY bother me. I have not found a bad bed yet at Disney, but when I got to other hotels, other than Marriotts I bring an air mattress to sleep on.

20. mommykds

mommykds All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,

Hi,

Thanks for all the information on this thread. We are just back from a week at AoA Little Mermaid. We had a great room in the Ursula building, 3rd floor & very quiet. Mousekeeping was great. We asked for extra towels on the first day & they made sure we had them all week without asking again, same for the shampoos. We got towel animals the first day which we kept in our window. The room was very clean & comfortable. I thought it would be hot at night but the temperature was at 68 & just fine for sleeping. The pillows were from the Flintstones (very hard).

The walk from the buses to LM was 5 minutes. We timed it on my cell phone. It was not as long as I thought it would be. :goodvibes

The pools were great. Zero entry at a Value...awesome.:cool2: The theming was over the top & very fun.

We ate at the foodcourt & it was ok (we like POR's better.) I had read the menus before we left so I knew what to expect. The one thing I did not like about the foodcourt was the silverware at toddler level at the end of the registers. Twice I saw little kids playing with the silverware which was enough so I asked for to-go utensils each time we ate there. It's just not sanitary. :crazy2:

The buses were great, we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a bus to come so we lucked out.

Overall we really loved this resort & would return. Any questions, let me know!

21. sechem32

sechem32 Earning My Ears

I've had fun reading this thread and learning lots! Thanks!
    But today was a really exciting day - we got our Magical Express pixiedust: paperwork and luggage tags in the mail today! :cool1: Just 37 days until we fly down and let Disney wisk us to our LM rooms! :moped: Can't wait! :hourglass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.