Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what an 'inside' view at AKL is. Pool view is a separate bookable category at AKL Jambo which typically costs just a little more than standard view. Standard view non DVC rooms at Jambo will be on the 4th floor and lower. They will face out the front of the Lodge towards the road/parking lot on Ostrich or Giraffe trail or have limited savannah views, perhaps obstructed views overlooking the pool area as well. If you don't mind a bit of a walk to the pool and the QS Mara and would like one of the partial savannah or people pen views I'd opt for requesting Kudu trail at online check in as all Kudu trail rooms front either Sunset or Arusha savannah.

Kidani is about a 10-15 minute walk from Jambo (and a bit of an incline to walk) and there's parking for the DVC units there under the Kidani building. The parking for Jambo is in front of the Lodge (but cleverly landscaped so not an eyesore from the lodge) and it's an open single level parking lot. I suppose you could park up at Kidani while staying at Jambo but not sure why you'd add half an hour of walking to your day just to get to and from your car when the Jambo lot is right there in front of Jambo house.

Thank you! I am so excited about staying here. I usually flip flop on where I want to stay, but am super excited about this resort.

Please add us to the list. Taking a short trip but checking out a Savannah studio for the first time! May 31- June 3.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2015 & 2016

If you have any updates please let me know…

May

Karlius, Apr 26th - 10th, AKL

Hokieinpa, 1st - 8th, Jambo House

Sdsatl, 5th - 9th, Kidani

Hibiscus, 8th - 12th, AKL

Mster425, 7th - 16th, AKL

Rer1972, 15th - 17th, VB

Rer1972, 17th - 21st, AKL

Wishicouldgomoreofte, 27th - 31st, AKL

Pixie36, 30th -Jun 11th, Jambo House

Would you please add us to your list? :flower3:
cierea321 May 17 - 25 AKV Jambo House

The food looks great, too! Just our style! At the time of our Poly stay we were obsessed with dining there and now I'm very excited about the AKL restaurants. I have Jiko booked so far, would like Sanaa, and am trying to decide if Boma will be too much like our Tusker House reservation. Even Mara looks good. I'm looking forward to that falafel pita and couscous by the pool!
Sanaa was so delicious! We got the bread service and the butter chicken. They excellent. If you make a reservation while it's still light out you may be able to see the animals! You will not be disappointed!

Ok...I never imagined I'd be interested in staying at a Deluxe, I've always been happy at Pop and ASMo in the past. We are planning a trip in April and will be celebrating our sons 13th birthday. On his last trip in November, he loved AK more than we would have ever imagined, so now my husband has suggested that maybe we should upgrade to AKL for the last two nights of our trip as a special surprise for DS. So, please help me.... I'm confused about all the options that there are and what I need to request or plan for. I know we are going to want to book Savannah view so we can see animals from our room, but what do I need to consider beyond that???? I don't really care too much about the type of bed in the room, but do I care about something else?? How do the distance from transportation, food, etc compare with the distances at Pop or the All Stars? Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
...personally, I'd put the upgrade at the BACK END of your trip, but that's just me....oopsies, never mind...:blush:

If you opt for a std room (or even a pool-view room), I'd suggest requesting Giraffe Trail, so you are close to everything - elevators, dining, pool, buses....

....I've stayed at both of those values, and I could not imagine having to go from AKL to a value...BTW, your DS is going to LOVE it there!

Any updates on the current soft goods refurb? We are staying Club Level the last week of February. I was wondering if anything knew about the lounge being moved before/during/after that time. TIA!

Any updates on the current soft goods refurb? We are staying Club Level the last week of February. I was wondering if anything knew about the lounge being moved before/during/after that time. TIA!
I think someone mentioned the lounge will be last around may or June.

I am so excited for our early May visit to AKV Jambo House! I have dined at Boma, Jiko, The Mara and Sanaa many times but, having never stayed at AKL, I don't know much about the pools, hidden niches in the hotel and areas we should be sure to tour while staying there! I will be watching this thread for ideas!

I am so excited for our early May visit to AKV Jambo House! I have dined at Boma, Jiko, The Mara and Sanaa many times but, having never stayed at AKL, I don't know much about the pools, hidden niches in the hotel and areas we should be sure to tour while staying there! I will be watching this thread for ideas!
....good for you! We've dined at the aforementioned places too - we are all unique and terrific....you are going to just LOVE the AKL!

....I've stayed at both of those values, and I could not imagine having to go from AKL to a value...BTW, your DS is going to LOVE it there!

Nah, we are thinking of doing AKL at the end of the trip, not the start. We figured we'd be more tired at the end of the trip and therefore more likely to want to hang around the resort, which we usually don't do.

I don't know if this is true but does anybody know if they have changed the busing? I read somewhere that for the parks they send seperate buses now for kidani and jambo. when going to the parks. Can anybody confirm this?

I don't know if this is true but does anybody know if they have changed the busing? I read somewhere that for the parks they send seperate buses now for kidani and jambo. when going to the parks. Can anybody confirm this?
I read this only happens during busy or peak times.

Does anyone have any experience with the art activity that's hosted on Wed, Thurs or Friday's at Simba's Clubhouse? We are going to have a resort afternoon/evening on a Friday on our trip and I wondered if anyone had any feedback? It looks like it is usually Mickey Tye-dye on fridays - which I think my kids would really enjoy. How much does it cost and do you stay with the kids or leave them? It looks like just an activity not the childcare.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/AKLCalendar.pdf.

Sanaa was so delicious! We got the bread service and the butter chicken. They excellent. If you make a reservation while it's still light out you may be able to see the animals! You will not be disappointed!

This is exactly what I get at Sanaa :goodvibes We all share the bread service and I always get the butter chicken. One of our favorite TS meals! Their desserts are delicious, too :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter