Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.... updating my previous question a bit. If I do the Culinary Tour at 3:45 at Boma/Jiko, will I have time to walk to these savanna overlooks before my 6:50 dinner reservation back at Jiko?

Sunset and Pembe
Arusha and Uzima

Or, should I try to make my dinner reservation later?

As long as you don't try to go over to Kidani before your reservation I think you should be fine.
Pembe is on the far side of Kidani, FYI, not sure how you view it, as I've only seen it from Wanyama tours.
Sunset is the savannah you see from the Kidani overlook behind the Kidani lobby. You can also see it by walking down Kudu or Ostrich trails which are hallways in Jambo.
Arusha is the savanna visible behind Jambo's lobby from the Arusha overlook and you can see it through the windows on the left of the hallway Zebra trail.
Uzima can be seen from the pool area at Jambo or the windows on the right along Zebra trail.

Hello! We are thinking if trying to rent DVC points for an AKL stay in 9/16. We have never attempted to do this before. I am looking at a 2-bedroom. Does anyone know the difference between "value" and "standard"? And is there anyway to guarantee to be in the Jambo House...I think there are some DVC Units there?

And just for fun, here are some pictures my DH took the last time we stayed.
22161107021_a6d7e9fc91.jpg

22124704306_103c4f04e2.jpg

Hello! We are thinking if trying to rent DVC points for an AKL stay in 9/16. We have never attempted to do this before. I am looking at a 2-bedroom. Does anyone know the difference between "value" and "standard"? And is there anyway to guarantee to be in the Jambo House...I think there are some DVC Units there?

And just for fun, here are some pictures my DH took the last time we stayed.
22161107021_a6d7e9fc91.jpg

22124704306_103c4f04e2.jpg
Hello! I believe the value is smaller and less points because it's a converted hotel room? Value sleeps 8 vs 9. You can specify Jambo or Kidani when you rent. Jambo dvc rooms are on the 5th floor. You may also consider asking questions on the DVC resort threads. Best of luck!

Yes, Teetertots is correct. The only difference between a value and a standard at Jambo is the size. You will not be able to get a 2 bedroom value though for a 9/16 trip. There are only a few of them and they book up at exactly 11 months out. Kidani does not have values only standard and savannah view. When you book Jambo and Kidani are separate booking categories.

Hello! I believe the value is smaller and less points because it's a converted hotel room? Value sleeps 8 vs 9. You can specify Jambo or Kidani when you rent. Jambo dvc rooms are on the 5th floor. You may also consider asking questions on the DVC resort threads. Best of luck!
Thanks for the info! We would have less than 9 folks, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, Teetertots is correct. The only difference between a value and a standard at Jambo is the size. You will not be able to get a 2 bedroom value though for a 9/16 trip. There are only a few of them and they book up at exactly 11 months out. Kidani does not have values only standard and savannah view. When you book Jambo and Kidani are separate booking categories.
Drats!! The value seemed almost too good to be true anyway!

Here right now in Jambo. No sign of construction so far. And we booked pool view and checked in to an upgrade to savanna view! We are thrilled. What a great and unexpected bonus! We are loving the resort and can't wait till Boma tonight.

Just booked! Short but sweet trip with my sister. We'll be taking our 3 12-year old girls with us. We plan on spending 2nights/3 days there, focused entirely on the resort and AK (1 day only in the park). Our goal is to have a relaxing time before Thanksgiving and the holiday season descend. Would love suggestions about what to do. We will have a car, I booked a 1-bedroom villa, arrive early in the day Sunday, depart late afternoon Tuesday. I'm planning on booking dinners at AKL--which means 2 of the three--Jiko, Boma, or Sanaa. How to choose??
I wasn't all that impressed by Sanaa (though the view from the restaurant is nice), but I can heartily recommend Boma. It's my favorite dinner on property!

I wasn't all that impressed by Sanaa (though the view from the restaurant is nice), but I can heartily recommend Boma. It's my favorite dinner on property!
I had Boma for breakfast, it was so good!! Thanks for the tip on Sanaa.

Here right now in Jambo. No sign of construction so far. And we booked pool view and checked in to an upgrade to savanna view! We are thrilled. What a great and unexpected bonus! We are loving the resort and can't wait till Boma tonight.
Just got home from our stay at AKL Jambo last night. Did you happen to see the ambulance and several Sherriff vehicles out front...I think it was Thursday or Friday night? Wondered what that was about.

This was my third stay and it was disappointing between the frigid air, rain, and lack of animals. We visited all overlooks and never saw any animals besides ducks, a lone hornbill, and an impala. No giraffes, zebras, etc. Maybe they moved them to an indoor facility because it was so cold, I don't know. The company I had brought with me for their first visit there was disappointed.

We got here Saturday night. And yes it has been chilly. From our balcony we've had a bunch of zebras and a lone giraffe. And some other big animals that I haven't looked up yet. And an ostrich. I'm sorry you didn't see too many. It is our first visit here and we really like it. My kids managed the pool a bit today, but they were cold. Checking out tomorrow. It is disappointing how cold it's been, but we figure it is better than home in the north.

Well, I bit the bullet and booked AKL for two nights of our April trip. It really hurt to pay almost $1000 for two nights at a hotel, but DH has decided that DS is going to love it for his 13th birthday surprise, and he has promised me that he will plan to relax and spend a lot of time at the resort instead of running around the parks like a maniac as per usual.

I'm really looking forward to this special treat, and now I'm off to read all 142 pages of this thread! I'm sure I'll have questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter