Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I have been gone. My 16 year old grandson was coming home from work and fell asleep and died. It is a very difficult time.

SG/Linda

i am so sorry this has happened.
what a horrible tragedy you and the family are going through.

do know i am thinking of you and praying for all of you.

all your friends here love you.

sending hugs.

I am thankful for your kind thoughts.

I had not seen him in ten years (difficult mother) and so it made it especially bittersweet. I did make contact with my other grandson from that family and he had invited me to his graduation.

It was comforting to know that my Danny had a few happy years before the tragedy since he had went to live with his father.

Linda/SG

Does anybody know if Sports does the poolside movies at night? If so, is the schedule for them online anywhere?

Does anybody know if Sports does the poolside movies at night? If so, is the schedule for them online anywhere?

They did do movies at the main pool last year when we were there. I have never seen a schdule of movies online. Ask for an activity schedule when you check in and it will have the movies on there. HTH

I just read on Mousesavers that Surf's Up is scheduled to be closed for refurb the day we arrive through the beginning of Sept. I can't see all the guests crowded into the Grand Slam :rolleyes2 Does anyone know if we will be allowed to utilize the other All Star pools?

On a side note, you would have thought that a pool closure in August would have been mentioned at least one of the 3 times I called to make reservations...

That's a strange time to do a refurb on a pool!! I mean it's so HOT! You'd think they would do a pool refurb during the cooler months. Also, I'd be a little annoyed if I paid for a preferred to be near the main pool (which I did!) only to find out it's closed!

They did do movies at the main pool last year when we were there. I have never seen a schdule of movies online. Ask for an activity schedule when you check in and it will have the movies on there. HTH

Thanks. I'll wait until I get there to find out, I suppose! I wonder if the main pool being closed might impact the recreation schedules, though...

That's a strange time to do a refurb on a pool!! I mean it's so HOT! You'd think they would do a pool refurb during the cooler months. Also, I'd be a little annoyed if I paid for a preferred to be near the main pool (which I did!) only to find out it's closed!

My cousin said the same thing - "They've closed a pool in August? That's a weird time to do that!" I was going to pool-hop around the All-Stars anyway (I really want to swim in the Fantasia pool at Movies) but still. :(

I only stayed here once never again it's the worst hotel on property!! It's clean and well kept that's about all I can say good about! But then again it's Disney of course it's clean!

I only stayed here once never again it's the worst hotel on property!! It's clean and well kept that's about all I can say good about! But then again it's Disney of course it's clean!

So what made it "the worst" for you?

If you stay at an all star hotel you can use any of the pools at any of the All Star resorts. Honestly, if I were paying prefered and the pool were closed I would ask to be moved to prefered in one of the other value hotels where the pools were all open.

I don't think the front desk even knows when the pools are being refurbished. I once asked to be placed near a certain icon on check in and the person checking me in had no clue the icon exhisted. lol

NonScents said:
So what made it "the worst" for you?

It just seemed like a cheap hotel the pools were so crowded we were there the last week of august and u couldn't even get near the pool. It was ridiculously noisy everywhere u went!! The bus stops were a joke! Ex. We were at DTD and it was pouring rain our stop was the furthest one away and we had no protection from the rain only a little bench! It just seemed like u get what u pay for kind of feeling! Now mind u it was 1997 when we stayed there! But I won't be going back! thank god we r DVC members now!

you were there 15 years ago.

a lot has changed since then, especially the bus locations for assp at the parks.

the first time i stayed at assp was the month after sports opened.

We just returned today from our stay at ASSp and the Surf's Up pool was not closed. They did have movies nightly, we were given a list of the movies planned for the week at check in. They do however move things indoors if the weather gets bad in the area. They use the back corner of the food court for the games and the movie.

Hope this helps anyone leaving soon.

It just seemed like a cheap hotel the pools were so crowded we were there the last week of august and u couldn't even get near the pool. It was ridiculously noisy everywhere u went!! The bus stops were a joke! Ex. We were at DTD and it was pouring rain our stop was the furthest one away and we had no protection from the rain only a little bench! It just seemed like u get what u pay for kind of feeling! Now mind u it was 1997 when we stayed there! But I won't be going back! thank god we r DVC members now!

At DTD there is really no protection from rain from any of the hotel bus stops;)

Surfs Up pool is closed at the moment...I feel like an idiot because I didn't check and just requested Surf's Up to be close to everything and the dang feature pool, 30 feet from my room is closed.

Hard to be too upset since that makes my ground floor room quiet but not thrilled to have the main pool empty and unavailable on a holiday weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter