Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Posting back to let everyone know that the whole surf pool area is closed including the kiddie pool. I spoke to the front desk and they told me that the surf pool will now be a zero entry pool once the refurbishment is complete. And they didn't mention anything new about the kiddie pool but I'm sure the kiddie pool is just being refurbished and typical maintenance.

Thank you! I'm excited to hear that the pool will be zero entry! :beach: I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done!

i read it will be open sept 30th.

but..............don't know if that target date will be met.

call the hotel and ask when the pool will be reopened.
i can't imagine it taking to november to finish up the work....

My husband and I are staying at the All Star Sports October 19-25 2012. I'm glad to find this forum about the sports. I have forgotten how it looked and am trying to decide if I should make a request of a room. We stayed years ago when it first opened. The food court was not finished yet. You had to order your food and take it back to your room. LOL! It sounds as though alot of people prefer Touchdown or Homerun buildings. I would like to be fairly close to the food court and buses etc., but sounds like several places are OK. We stayed last year at Pop and I was very happy with my room over looking the pool and close to food court. I read somewhere that someone posted to not stay in buildings 2 or 3 because they were so far away they didn't seem apart of the hotel. Do you agree? What buildings would you not want? I made a request last year for preferred and joining rooms and when I arrived I didn't have it but they gave it to me when I asked. So.. I don't know if it does any good to request before you arrive or not. We checked in on Thursday and I was told that was good time to check in. I've enjoyed all the post & thanks for all the information!

Lustergirl, you are so lucky with a trip coming up soon. This is the first time in many years that I have not had a countdown to my next trip and it stinks. I just have to live through everyone elses trips. lol

Southern Bell, ASsp is the only value hotel where I can honestly say none of the buildings are far from the main building and busses. I would never say any building is so far away that they don't seem part of the hotel. Your closest buidlings are going to be surfs up which are prefered or touchdown. I would never pay for prefered at ASsp though. Other than that I don't think any of the others Homerun, basketball or tennis (I think that is the theme) are any farther away than each other. It is not like POP where I feel the buildings are spread more apart and are longer with more rooms on each end so the one 80's building and 90's seem further than all the others. Hopefully that will help you in deciding. I would just pick the sport your family enjoys most and go with that or if you want to be near the pool go for homerun or pay prefered for surf's up. The only building I would not want is the basketball building and only because my family are not baskeball fans but it is a cool looking building. Oh and the food court is open now so no more bringing the food to your room. lol I would go for asking at check in and never felt the whole faxing thing does any good. It never did for us back when we bothered faxing anyway. I would just ask if they were able to fulfill the requests you had when you made the reservations and see where they show they put you and go from there.

Thank you Angwill for answering! That helps! I was a little worried not having preferred.I guess because we did last year at Pop. I don't know why because I'm used to staying at Fort Wilderness were I'm used to walking alot or catching a bus to something within the park! We have a trip planned there for next summer with all the family. So we were trying to cut all the corners financially we could with this trip and because Christmas is just around the corner. I want to have a good time but not spend anything I don't really need to!

Ang, as I remember Luster will be coming in as I am leaving. Gee, wonder how she plans so poorly????:rotfl:

I have already started planning our January trip. That is the only month we have never been to WDW. It will be one of packing food though as I am allergic to $10 hamburgers.:cool1:

SG/Linda

I always ask for a room near the bus stop or food court i do online check in so im not sure what the choice is exactly but always end up in touchdown building 7

soccercruiser87 said:
Posting back to let everyone know that the whole surf pool area is closed including the kiddie pool. I spoke to the front desk and they told me that the surf pool will now be a zero entry pool once the refurbishment is complete. And they didn't mention anything new about the kiddie pool but I'm sure the kiddie pool is just being refurbished and typical maintenance.

This is great to hear! Does anyone have an update on this? A zero depth entry pool with the Surfs Up theme would be awesome. We are leaning towards renting a condo offsite for our next trip but my kids really want to stay at Sports, so I am considering doing a split stay.

Thank you Angwill for answering! That helps! I was a little worried not having preferred.I guess because we did last year at Pop. I don't know why because I'm used to staying at Fort Wilderness were I'm used to walking alot or catching a bus to something within the park! We have a trip planned there for next summer with all the family. So we were trying to cut all the corners financially we could with this trip and because Christmas is just around the corner. I want to have a good time but not spend anything I don't really need to!

:thumbsup2 I think your going to fall in love with it.

Linda,
You too have another trip planned your so lucky. Till my house sells I forsee no new trips for me and at the rate we are going it could be years. How about you are planning badly and should plan when Lustergirl is going to be there? lol

I think a zero entry pool is going to be great now if they could only add more lounge chairs because any time I go there are just not enough chairs.

Ang, as I remember Luster will be coming in as I am leaving. Gee, wonder how she plans so poorly????:rotfl:

I have already started planning our January trip. That is the only month we have never been to WDW. It will be one of packing food though as I am allergic to $10 hamburgers.:cool1:

SG/Linda

Too funny. I thought our thread got lost or something. What are your dates. I was out the free dining but did secure a 15% discount. Now I have to put up with the POP Warner Kids, just kidding though- have not had a problem on a previous stay during this time.:) January sounds like a good time but can you hold off until Feb 12th? That is my birthday and 20th anniversary, what a birthday present huh??

:thumbsup2 I think your going to fall in love with it.

Linda,
You too have another trip planned your so lucky. Till my house sells I forsee no new trips for me and at the rate we are going it could be years. How about you are planning badly and should plan when Lustergirl is going to be there? lol

I think a zero entry pool is going to be great now if they could only add more lounge chairs because any time I go there are just not enough chairs.

She is a smart-aleck isn't she???:rotfl::rotfl:

I am just happy to be going on a trip finally, first one in 3 years (gasp).

We are just back from a four night stay at *** and can report the main pool is still closed. No word on a completion date.

I checked out a bit ago from Sports, moved over to the dark-side hotel.

The life guards at the pool on Monday were telling guests the pool would open either Tuesday or Wednesday

This morning the staff told many guests that they pool would open very soon....
Don,t know if that meant today or tomorrow.

All the tiles were replaced in the pool.
It looks fantastic!

Hi Everyone:

I'm glad to have found this thread. Its great to read the nice reviews on the All-Star Sports resort. We are going in December for 4 days and this is our first family trip where we are on staying on property. We usually stay off property, but I wanted to do something different this trip, plus the resort discounts being offered were too good to pass up. I couldn't decide which value resort to stay at and this was the cheapest of the 4 even with the discount. It took me by surprise this was cheapest considering the convenience of the buses (first stop picking up and dropping off from what I've read). Anyways, thank you for re-assuring my choice. :D That stinks about the pool but I don't think in December we will be using it even if it is finished. We are Floridians and December in Florida is cold for us! Maybe not much so for the northern visitors. :rotfl:

I checked out a bit ago from Sports, moved over to the dark-side hotel.

The life guards at the pool on Monday were telling guests the pool would open either Tuesday or Wednesday

This morning the staff told many guests that they pool would open very soon....
Don,t know if that meant today or tomorrow.

All the tiles were replaced in the pool.
It looks fantastic!

Did you notice if it was now zero entry? Did they move the entrance area?

Thanks

Hi!

So glad I found this thread (it took awhile?).

We're leaving TOMORROW! :cheer2:

Umm yes, this was a last minute trip and I'm freaking out that I don't have more time to plan. My son is participating in an archery competition at ESPN's Wide World of Sports on Saturday 10/6. We weren't sure we could go, then we could and I only booked this trip a few days ago. Why didn't I get on the Disboards right away? :confused3 LOL!

Anyway, this is our first time staying at an All-Star resort and we're looking forward to checking out a new place. I'm sad to hear a pool is closed, though? We will only be there from Thursday 10/4 - Sunday 10/7, though. We get two days in the parks and my kids have chosen MK and Epcot (even though that could change now that we found out Test Track is closed).

:beach:

Hi!

So glad I found this thread (it took awhile?).

We're leaving TOMORROW! :cheer2:

Umm yes, this was a last minute trip and I'm freaking out that I don't have more time to plan. My son is participating in an archery competition at ESPN's Wide World of Sports on Saturday 10/6. We weren't sure we could go, then we could and I only booked this trip a few days ago. Why didn't I get on the Disboards right away? :confused3 LOL!

Anyway, this is our first time staying at an All-Star resort and we're looking forward to checking out a new place. I'm sad to hear a pool is closed, though? We will only be there from Thursday 10/4 - Sunday 10/7, though. We get two days in the parks and my kids have chosen MK and Epcot (even though that could change now that we found out Test Track is closed).

:beach:

So how was your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter