Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I know it's subjective, but what is your preferred building at ASP and why? I requested touchdown since it is closer to the entrance and pool, but not at the pool area as I heard this can be loud. We will have our 2 kids with us, 2 and 4, so I need them to get their sleep.

We paid for preferred (Surf) and requested 1st fl poolside Sept 14-22 as my wife likes to be in the center of the action. Noise doesn't bother us. If I was going solo I'd just get standard and ask for Touchdown or Homerun. Hoops Hotel & Tennis are the only two I would not care about although courtyard in either is preferred over a parking lot view.

I know it's subjective, but what is your preferred building at ASP and why? I requested touchdown since it is closer to the entrance and pool, but not at the pool area as I heard this can be loud. We will have our 2 kids with us, 2 and 4, so I need them to get their sleep.

My favorite is building 7. Not the football field side though. It can get loud there. You definitely don't want the backside of building 10 closest to Stadium Hall. You face the loading dock there and the sound of trucks a 6:00am is not pleasant.

I was in Surfs Up - 6 in early June and it was quiet!

I think the level of pool noise depends upon whether groups are staying there and if they are in the pool area or not.

By the way, I just posted several pages of ASSports pictures in the All Star Sports photos thread starting here.

So excited. Returning to AS Sports the first week of December for a much needed solo trip. I will be there the same time as the POP Warner Crowd but never had a problem on previous stays the same time. I haven't stayed at this resort in awhile but know I will enjoy myself.

We will be staying at ASSp starting July 19. We are renting a car so would like a room close to a parking lot. Anyone know if all buildings are close to parking lots or if there are certain buildings I should request? Thank you!!

i need to check my building map to answer you.

(i do know one of baseball and one of tennis is near a parking lot.
but i don't know the numbers until i look at the map.)

We are booked into Sports from November 25th to December 1st (just missing Lustergirl).:worried:

Who would have figured that we would move closer and go less often? Maybe next year will be different now that we are settled in nicely?:)

Slightly Goofy

Ang, where you go wrong is not going when I am there as I can drive to DTD and at Sports I do not even get lost in the parking lot!

SG (nice chatting with ya)

I just booked for one night before our Cruise in Feb. I am keeping it as a suprise from DS, who has always wanted to stay at Sports. I can't wait to see the look on his face when we get in the Magical Express line, and he finds out where we are headed! (although he might figure it out when he sees the Magical Express tags on the bags, so I'd better have a camera handy then too!):rotfl:

Ang, where you go wrong is not going when I am there as I can drive to DTD and at Sports I do not even get lost in the parking lot!

SG (nice chatting with ya)

Hey my goofy friend. Now you know that I drive to WDW now myself. lol We do need to take a trip again at the same time in the future. :thumbsup2

Okay, Miss Ang. Since you can do it all please teach me how to get out of EPCOT without ending up on the interstate. :listen:

SG/Linda

Okay, Miss Ang. Since you can do it all please teach me how to get out of EPCOT without ending up on the interstate. :listen:

SG/Linda

That is not an interstate you get on its Epcot center drive so still a Disney road, silly. lol You just go down I think it is two exhits and it takes you right out to Buena Vista Drive just west of DTD by POFQ. This is just my theory from what I have experienced but the only way I have been able to get back to World Drive from Epcot parking lot is when I parked on the West side of the parking lot so if you park on the East side you are stuck with Epcot center drive. Its all been luck of the draw depending on what side of that parking lot is opened when we park.

I am editing this now that I looked up a map of the area around Epcot. It shows that you can pass up the ramp to Epcot center drive to get back to world drive but for the life of me I swear they don't let you pass up that ramp but when I zoomed in sure enough there is a lane to go straight and not get on that ramp to Epcot center drive and it will take you out to world drive. Give that a try next time.

We are booked into Sports from November 25th to December 1st (just missing Lustergirl).:worried:

Who would have figured that we would move closer and go less often? Maybe next year will be different now that we are settled in nicely?:)

Slightly Goofy

:sad::sad: I am so sad. I am there during POP Warner week. Here is hoping for a great week. It would be nice to see you again. First trip to disney in almost 3 years.
Are you eligible for the new free dining promo? It is blacked out when I am there. I already have my time planned out Get to disney around lunch time, check in, catch a bus to HS, then hop a boat to the Boardwalk to have lunch at the ESPN Club (a favorite of mine's). Then hop a boat back to Epcot and drink my way around the world.

My dear Ang, you are assuming that I know East from West. I do know left from right, regardless of what some might think. :rotfl2: I have driven to EPCOT with no problem but have ended up on the interstate leaving every single time and for me that is not a good deal so to protect the innocent I just take the bus.:cool1:

Luster, yes we are getting the Free Dining offer. If you can book a day when it is in effect you can get it for your entire trip also. I will have to check out the dates but I am thinking you probably know all that. I will not be checking out until the 1st so maybe we can pass each other at least.:sad: I would enjoy watching you drink your way around the WS (much more than doing so myself). Frankly I would not make it past either Mexico or Canada any old way.:lmao:

Slightly Goofy

Do all the rooms have flat screen tvs? I saw some pics with & some with out! Just wondering! Thanks

My dear Ang, you are assuming that I know East from West. I do know left from right, regardless of what some might think. :rotfl2: I have driven to EPCOT with no problem but have ended up on the interstate leaving every single time and for me that is not a good deal so to protect the innocent I just take the bus.:cool1:

Luster, yes we are getting the Free Dining offer. If you can book a day when it is in effect you can get it for your entire trip also. I will have to check out the dates but I am thinking you probably know all that. I will not be checking out until the 1st so maybe we can pass each other at least.:sad: I would enjoy watching you drink your way around the WS (much more than doing so myself). Frankly I would not make it past either Mexico or Canada any old way.:lmao:

Slightly Goofy

My first drink will probably be a slushie in France and by the time I make it around to Mexico and the tequila bar I will be all set for the night.

Slightly Goofy

SG,

I have an awsome sense of direction and I forget that not everyone does, sorry. I was thinking if you knew what side innoventions east and west was you might be able to apply that to the parking lot. As you come in to park east is to your left and west is to your right.

You showed me where the Walmart was that one time and I remembered exactly where to go the next time I came down. Now I know where 3 different Walmarts are and how to get there. lol

Try to drive to Epcot next time and stay in the left lane going straight past that ramp which will take you right over to world drive with nowhere else to go. If for some odd reason you get on what looks like an interstate get off at the second ramp that says to DTD and I cant remember what else it says on the sign. You will go down to Buena Vista Drive that runs in front of DTD and turn right and you will recognize where you are going toward Pop, ASSp DS etc. Epcot center drive runs into I4 and if you keep going it becomes 417 so you are not getting off at the ramp. If you end up in the other lot you will have no other choice than to follow a ramp that will take you right to World drive so you can not get lost.

Lustergirl, That walk from Mexico to the front of the park is going to be so much fun. lol Enjoy!!!

Tink1972,
I do not remember if they were flat screens or regular tube TV's, sorry. That said does it really matter what they are as long as they work?

Luster, yes we are getting the Free Dining offer. If you can book a day when it is in effect you can get it for your entire trip also.
Slightly Goofy

That is almost true. The only exception being something like this: Free Dining is offered March 7-15. You check in on March 1 and plan on staying until March 10. You can have Free Dining for the 7th thru 10th, but they won't go back and give it to you for your whole stay.

However if your trip was from March 15-25 you would get Free Dining for your whole trip. Disney will extend Free Dining forward, but not backwards.

Just wanted to explain all that so there was no confusion.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter