Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

That is awesome.....good luck on the run. Let us know how it goes :cheer2:

Thanks MickMan, we're excited. The trip wasn't definite until last week when FFIL book the airfare. I'm going to call and request a specific section tonight for FH and I, an advise FFIL to do the same as I know they'll be sore on Saturday and Sunday. Any place you would recommend that's not too far of a walk and relatively quiet? Floor isn't a big deal. We can handle elevators.

We are hoping to put up some lights in the window. Does anyone remember where the closest outlet is? By chance is there one close to the window, or will I need an extension cord? :confused3

We are hoping to put up some lights in the window. Does anyone remember where the closest outlet is? By chance is there one close to the window, or will I need an extension cord? :confused3

If I remember correct I had to use an extension cord.

Maybe someone else knows for sure?????

Thanks! I bought one just in case!! Now I will just pack it!!! Is it Saturday yet? :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Your going this Saturday???? I am super jealous.

This is my favorite time to go to Disney World.
Less crowds and all the decorations......Awesome

Hope you have a Magical stay....:wizard:

Your going this Saturday???? I am super jealous.

This is my favorite time to go to Disney World.
Less crowds and all the decorations......Awesome

Hope you have a Magical stay....:wizard:

Thanks for the well wishes! We love this time of year too for all of those same reasons! I of course was HOPING for warmer weather, but you just can't have everything....so I packed TONS of layers and will wear them all with a HUGE smile on my face! I am such a freezy cat. Hubby says the weather will be perfect for him, so there is that! :-)

Thanks for the well wishes! We love this time of year too for all of those same reasons! I of course was HOPING for warmer weather, but you just can't have everything....so I packed TONS of layers and will wear them all with a HUGE smile on my face! I am such a freezy cat. Hubby says the weather will be perfect for him, so there is that! :-)

I have been there where it has been record highs and another time in the 30's.
And one time it rained so hard for 7 days I thought about building an ark.

But I had fun each and every time.

Hi peeps!

We just returned the day before yesterday. Our 14 nite trip was extended to 16 because of weather concerns.

I decorated my window, using those plastic hooks that you wet and attach to the window so I did not make any messes. There was a plug just to the right of the window and I know that there is one to the left if your room configuration is a bit different. If light bothers you when you are sleeping and you do not want to turn the window lights off you might want an extension cord so that some lights are not burning inside the room though.

My room was excellent. We checked in early in the morning and it was already ready and they upgraded us to preferred over by the laundry and near the main building. Not quite as good as my preferred trash view room but I did not complain. :goodvibes

I was warned about the Pop Warner kids being disruptive but many of them held doors for me and other than their energetic laughter, which I love, and the crowded food court, which I had taken into account when making plans about where to eat, it was no problem.

Gatorlady, we may have seen each other at some point. I was the lady with the red walker, all decked out with DIS and Xmas decorations.:santa:

Slightly Goofy

Welcome back my Goofy friend. I am so glad you had a wonderful time. I agree the trash can view room would be better than one next to the laundry room at least IMO. I am glad the Pop Warner kids were respectful.

SlightlyGoofy another successful trip I see.
Glad you had a good time.....

Until next time..... Happy Holidays.

Hi there Ang, of course the kids were respectful. I have found that if you treat young folks like they are people they will generally treat you the same. It is when old folks are scared and scornful of young folks, and the reserve, that there are problems.:goodvibes

MickMan, poor us, we were 'forced' to add two more days to our trip because of bad weather. Oh the horrors!:scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Cannot wait until we move and are able to go more often for shorter periods of time. The joys of only having a short drive over are more than this poor heart can stand but I am willing to deal with the 'pain'.:thumbsup2

SG/Linda

Hi there Ang, of course the kids were respectful. I have found that if you treat young folks like they are people they will generally treat you the same. It is when old folks are scared and scornful of young folks, and the reserve, that there are problems.:goodvibes

MickMan, poor us, we were 'forced' to add two more days to our trip because of bad weather. Oh the horrors!:scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Cannot wait until we move and are able to go more often for shorter periods of time. The joys of only having a short drive over are more than this poor heart can stand but I am willing to deal with the 'pain'.:thumbsup2

SG/Linda

Linda, I worked with teens so I know how right you are.

As for moving down I hope all works out perfectly with the move. Hopefully, we will see you down there around the same time you move. :thumbsup2

Ang, of course some teens are just plain nasty as are some of us old geezers.:rotfl2: People will be people ya know.

Make you a deal since you are thinking of moving close to Orlando, I will bunk with you when I want a cheap trip to DW and you can come and enjoy the beach at my place. :thumbsup2

Next year warm(er) climes for us!

Slightly Goofy

Ang, of course some teens are just plain nasty as are some of us old geezers.:rotfl2: People will be people ya know.

Make you a deal since you are thinking of moving close to Orlando, I will bunk with you when I want a cheap trip to DW and you can come and enjoy the beach at my place. :thumbsup2

Next year warm(er) climes for us!

Slightly Goofy

What??? You are leaving Indiana for Florida? Lucky you! I keep saying "I hate this cold weather. I hate this cold weather." You are very fortunate to be able to move. Enjoy! :goodvibes

Donna

does any one know if there are organized groups of kids going feb or march. I have always stayed at pop when in values. but it is not avail
Tips appreciated for all sports TIA:thumbsup2

does any one know if there are organized groups of kids going feb or march. I have always stayed at pop when in values. but it is not avail
Tips appreciated for all sports TIA:thumbsup2

The Value Resorts normally host ESPN Weekend and there usually are alot of children (Teams) going down there at that time. That's really not a good time to go. My sister-in-law and family normally go down to do a meet and greet with sports professionals and they usually stay off property. I wish we were going soon, but not around those times, too crowded for us. Good luck with the crowds and have a magical day.

We went to ESPN the Weekend last year and stayed at AS Sports. We had no problems at all. I did notice a few Cheerleader groups, but they were not behaving that badly. I don't think there are as many groups as there would be for POP Warner in December - maybe we were just lucky and had well behaved groups...LOL. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter