Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Ang, you know I am an intelligent woman. I am wise enough to know when I know something and when I do not. :lmao:

I am thinking on becoming your neighbor in May. I will see what my sisters says to that when I talk to her. :thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

That would be awsome if you could be there when we are. May 27th will be our first day. I will warn you though that May/June 09 was terribly hot with record highs but May/June 10 was nice perfect weather. For me anyway.
Timmy said she wants to come down May/June 11 as well so it will be a lot of fun.

I did browse through the thread but couldn't find what I wanted. I just switched from Pop to sports and over on the pop thread they have info post with all the need to knows together and a map with the most convient routes anything like that on this post and do you know where to find it?
Thanks

I did browse through the thread but couldn't find what I wanted. I just switched from Pop to sports and over on the pop thread they have info post with all the need to knows together and a map with the most convient routes anything like that on this post and do you know where to find it?
Thanks

The first page of this post has most of the general info on the resort.
Are you looking for anything specific?

Pop does have the most extensive amount of information taken from what people have posted on their thread posted on their first page.

Are you asking for routes from the different buildings to the busses or from AS to each park?

Is it sad I don't know what I am looking for. Pop just had so much info. I guess I am looking for something with info to get me excited about the switch. I was really looking forward to pop but can't beat the deal I got with the switch so I guess I am just looking for info that would get me excited for the new hotel.

nickandregan, POP is newer than the other Values and much bigger so that is probably why there is so much information. If you click on the top button that says resorts on the DIS there are many pictures there.

Sports is much smaller than POP. It has a football field in the middle where kids run around and play sometimes. None of the buildings are very far from the main building. There are two laundries, one at each end. The bus stops there first before heading down to Music and Movies.

It is our favorite for those reasons. It is all in what you want from a resort as to whether you will like it or not.

If you would please tell us what you want we might be able to give you better advice.

Slightly Goofy

Nick,
If you want to get excited after looking at the Dis for info on the resort look at All Ears website for lots and lots of pictures and info on the All Stars.

As Slightly Goofy said Sports seens much smaller and even has 3 floors vs 4 at Pop. Everything is just more compact and convenient to get to and less crowded IMO. This helps in the cafeteria unless you go when there is a school group eating. The only thing it doesn't have that I miss from POP is a lake with a bridge and some of the mor fun Icons outside the building since sports icons do nothing for me. lol

Don't get me wrong Pop is a nice resort too but we all have our preferences. Pop just went through renovations and Sports were done like 2 years ago so they are newer as well. I think the only thing about the rooms that I like the idea of is that Pop now has curtains between the sink area and the room. I wish they had them at Sports. They did put them in at Music too though.

HTH and if you think of any questions just ask.

Nick, there are many details that go into the perfect Disney vacation and your resort is just one of them. For us, with our mobility problems, the resort and how close our room is to everything it is a major part but for the young, healthy and very mobile it is not much of one usually because you are in the parks from dawn to dark.

Just figure out what your most important elements are and plan accordingly and be flexible and you will have a great time. If you dwell on the small things that do not go according to plan you can miss the big picture.

You are at the right place for good advice. Read different posts and find some that are compatible with your thoughts and then ask. Most folk love to share their knowledge.

Happy trip and looking forward to hearing how it went for you when you return.

Slightly Goofy

We stayed at Sports for the first time a couple weeks ago and we enjoyed it. The only reason we picked it was because it was the only value resort with standard room openings during free dining. I had requested a room in Homerun, near the parking lot since we drove. They gave us one better. We were on the 3rd floor of Touchdown building 7, in the corner right by the parking lot. It was really nice to be so close to the car and we loved driving everywhere. It was also very close to the food court. So it was the best of both worlds.

One drawback was hauling suitcases and cooler on arrival and departure. Either hall everything to the elevators, which was a short walk and then walk back toward the room. Or take stuff up and down the stairs, which were right there. We chose the stairs for the most part.

We had stayed at Music a couple times in the past. Sports was a lot more compact, which was nice. Last time at Music, we ended up in Broadway, 20 miles from the main building and buses.

The Food Court at Sports seemed worse than Music, though.

But overall, we'd probably stay at Sports again, due to convenience.

We had stayed at Music a couple times in the past. Sports was a lot more compact, which was nice. Last time at Music, we ended up in Broadway, 20 miles from the main building and buses.

The Food Court at Sports seemed worse than Music, though.

But overall, we'd probably stay at Sports again, due to convenience.

We recently stayed at Music in the Broadway section. I found the walk to be really long. We have stayed in Sports for 3 recent visits and really do like it better. As you said it is much more compact and no walk seemed long to me. We stayed in Homerun. Basketball & Surfs Up. My daughter also liked their foodcourt better. They had boneless wings there...they are her favorite and they don't have them at Music. :goodvibes

We just returned from 6 nights at ASSp.... sorry to say that it was NOT our cup of tea.... While they were extremely helpful to us, we just didn't enjoy the vibe.... I had requested a ground floor room with handicap accessible railings. We got that.. in building 7... seemed good. However, it was a king-sized bed (which I had stated to my Mother that I hated) and the tub was a bit hard for DM to get in and out of. Soooo on our second day there, DM decided to complain about it.... and they relocated us to building 1... still 1st floor, double beds and walk-in shower. Problem was I had parked by building 7 and when I left building 1 to find the car it was a verrrrrry long walk!!!! We also got a credit for an extra nights stay (which we were unable to do, due to prior plans) So they said they would credit it to our credit card.... still waiting for that to happen.

I think that the reason we didn't like it was that it felt tooo compact. We had to circle the main pool to get to the main hall and bus stops.... (there was no way to go to buses by going around the main hall) and because we couldn't do the steps, we had to go right past the smokers spot to get to our room. Buses weren't too bad... but if we do value again, it will have to Pop. I am hoping to be able to go again next year and we are looking at por for an upgrade.

Sorry you had so many problems. Now that you know you want two beds request that and double check at check in that they gave you your request. From my experiences at Pop they do not credit you anything when something goes wrong and I am glad to hear Sports seems to actually care.

There actually is a way around the buildings to get to the busses because that was the way we went when we were there last, sorry you missed it. There is also more than one door into the main building to keep from of having to go through the smoking section. In case you have not stayed at Pop before keep in mind that at Pop you have to go past the smoking section there too as you leave and enter the main building doors unless you walk around the main buidling or through the gift shop and food area and if you are in the buildings with the pools you will have to walk past those too. It's better to know what to expect than be surprised, right.

Everyone likes something different and that is why they have so many choices. I like the compact feel of Sports better than the more spread out feel of all the other values and most moderates but that is just my preference.

I hope your next stay is better and I am sure you will enjoy any of the other values because they are less compact.

To clarify my earlier statement... we have twice stayed at Pop and wanted to try something new and that is why we chose ASSp. When we were in building 7 there was no issue with the smoking area or the pool... we went along the side of the building to the automatic door (there was one that entered into the dining hall portion, but since we were using WC and ECV it was hard to get thru) Once we moved to building 1, the shortest route to main hall was circling the pool and up the ramp that the smoking area was located on. We could have gone another direction, but that would have taken us the long way. I did NOT see any sidewalks that led around the main hall... so we went thru the building. At Pop... we never got a stones throw away from the pools unless we chose to go near it..... also we didn't have to go past the smoking area to enter the main hall... as it was more set to the side than the on the main route. We also didn't enter the main hall unless we wanted to, it was easy to pass around it.

Now, I am not putting down ASSp... as I said before, it just wasn't our cup of tea. Not everyone likes the same things...

ShhhQ thanks for your review and it is true that everyone has different likes and dislikes about each resort.

Hopefully your review will help someone in the future.

Thanks!

ShhhQ,

I didn't feel you were putting down ASSp so no worries. I just wanted to clarify things for anyone who has not been there and just figured you might not have explored to find the hidden paths.

I understand about sports not being your cup of tea that is why I said "Everyone likes something different and that is why they have so many choices. I like the compact feel of Sports better than the more spread out feel of all the other values and most moderates but that is just my preference." It is good to hear different opinions so others can read them and decide what might be best for themselves.

Glad to hear you know Pop and enjoy it already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter