Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We've stayed in Football 7 and Football 10. We prefer 10 because 7 is close to the food court where the trucks come in all night long and re-supply everything. Those trucks are noisy. We always ask for the third floor.

Maybe I'm not looking at the map right, but it looks like building 10 is actually closer to the food court with part of the building bordering a pavement area (where it looks like there would be room for deliveries). Building 7 to me looks to be more inside, at least the part closer to the food court.

We have never stayed at this resort before, and were interested in staying at Football, but I would like to avoid the truck issue.

Can anyone comment? TIA
:goodvibes

Maybe I'm not looking at the map right, but it looks like building 10 is actually closer to the food court with part of the building bordering a pavement area (where it looks like there would be room for deliveries). Building 7 to me looks to be more inside, at least the part closer to the food court.

We have never stayed at this resort before, and were interested in staying at Football, but I would like to avoid the truck issue.

Can anyone comment? TIA

I'll try to check on some of my past paperwork when I get home. Maybe I have the buildings confused. Or maybe someone will be able to give you the correct info before I can.

I'll try to check on some of my past paperwork when I get home. Maybe I have the buildings confused. Or maybe someone will be able to give you the correct info before I can.

If you get a chance that would be great! If you are too busy don't worry.

I am a very light sleeper so I always try to avoid those areas. :)

Can anyone comment? TIA

We just got back from a stay in building 7 - it was VERY quiet - and it is a tad further away from the food court. We were in the back side of the building which looked into trees and beyond was a parking lot.

If you get a chance that would be great! If you are too busy don't worry.

I am a very light sleeper so I always try to avoid those areas. :)

GatorLady, I am so sorry! I had the buildings confused. Football Building 7 is the quiet one. The delivery trucks don't come near building 7 and we always got a room in the back overlooking trees. Very quiet. The one time we got building 10, it was not good for sleeping. You know that beeping sound that trucks make when they back up - well it is not conducive for sleep! :eek:

Donna

GatorLady, I am so sorry! I had the buildings confused. Football Building 7 is the quiet one. The delivery trucks don't come near building 7 and we always got a room in the back overlooking trees. Very quiet. The one time we got building 10, it was not good for sleeping. You know that beeping sound that trucks make when they back up - well it is not conducive for sleep! :eek:

Donna

No problem Donna, thanks so much (and tinkerbell60 too!) for all the info!! Building 7 here we come (or at least I will put in that request)!

I hate those truck sounds too, thanks again for helping me avoid them! :thumbsup2

No problem Donna, thanks so much (and tinkerbell60 too!) for all the info!! Building 7 here we come (or at least I will put in that request)!

I hate those truck sounds too, thanks again for helping me avoid them! :thumbsup2

We were on the inside of 10, like where the number 10 is printed on the map, facing the big football field. We never heard trucks. I think perhaps the parking lot side would be more noisy.

How was your stay?

What building did you stay in?
We had requested a stay in the tennis section (didn't fax a request, noted on ressie only), but were originally given hoops (basketball). Were able to be reassigned to tennis at check in. Stayed in a corner room, right by the center section, overlooking the courtyard, bldg 5.

I don't understand the fuss over the bldg locations. Sure, tennis and hoops are further from the food, but the whole resort feels very small. Nothing is very far away. Short stroll to the pool. Easy walk to the food court. Easy walk to the parking lot. (We drove to WDW and drove ourselves around the world).

Mousekeeping left something to be desired, but more from weirdness than poor quality. They couldn't make one of the beds so that the sheet would cover the entire mattress. They kept leaving us extra towels, which we didn't need, stacked on the closet shelf on top of our clothing. By the end of the trip, we had over a dozen towels stacked there.

Felt like the resort was just a no frills, quality, but less expensive place to stay on site. After staying at WL on our last trip, I expected the rooms to feel much smaller. Only the bathroom felt smaller, the bed area (available floor room) felt similar if not bigger than WL.

Loved the size of the pool. WAY bigger than WL. Easy to find lounge chairs. Plenty of swimming room. Swam in the evening so didn't mind lack of shade.

Fairly quiet. Yeah, you hear the flush of the toilets. We never heard a neighbor's voice (which we could at AKL, BC, and WL), never heard a neighbor's tv. We could hear excited children in the mornings running on the concrete, but this was no different than the indoor hallways.

All in all, it was a good stay. If looking for another budget trip, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Glad you stay went well.
I had the same experience about the talking at AKL. I could hear people talking but not at Sports.

And that is too funny about the towels.......

I am wondering if Prefered rooms are just in the Surf's up buidling or are some Football prefered rooms too?

Ang, it is a plumb shame that you do not know nary an expert on ASSports. :lmao:

Email to follow you crazy woman you.:love:

Slightly Goofy

lol Leave it to you to see my question. I can not believe I didn't think to ask you first.
Thanks.

Ang, you know I am an intelligent woman. I am wise enough to know when I know something and when I do not. :lmao:

I am thinking on becoming your neighbor in May. I will see what my sisters says to that when I talk to her. :thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter