Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Just back from my vacation at All Star Sports. Had a great stay & would not hesitate to recommend Sports. :-) I had selected Touchdown on my online check-in but was told upon actual check-in that it was purely for preferred room guests. They had placed me in Center Court Bldg 4 (furthest bldg out) & I asked politely for a change to Hoops Hotel. Check-in CM was excellent and found me a room in Hoops Bldg 2 (wing closest to Main Bldg) & I was very happy there. Great mousekeeping and, by way of comparison, the walk was prob shorter than from the 50s bldg to main lobby at POP. Bus service was very good. A few shared buses . . . mostly in the evening return from the parks but Sports was the first stop so no problem. A few shared buses at 8am . . . strange but one came from AS Music and then wrapped back to Sports for our pick-up. This was the bus to Epcot & I found generally that Epcot bus scheduling was not as good as for other parks. However, that could have been an issue only for the week & a half I was there.

I walked over to AS Music one night and had the ribs. Excellent meal. Better quality than in park. Smaller serving than I expected but incredibly rich, filling & wonderful quality. Pleasantly surprised & wowed.

Thank you so much to the DIS vets on this thread who were so helpful with their info! Your assistance was very much appreciated & I had a great stay! pixiedust:

Johnny is the new chef and has changed the menu

I had the strip steak dinner cooked medium rare and was soooooo good
Brett is new by about 4 months he's another new chef and so easy to talk to had the pot roast tonigh
Similar to moms pot roast over at prime time at Dhs but better

They sell a lot of the footling chili cheese dogs

Mac: thinking of you, are you still there? Just read that they are closing the parks early this evening and will be closed all day tomorrow due to the hurricane. If you are still there, stay safe.

I was at sports and left on the 7 th day for the darkside

Still here and will be home this Friday

Assigned to surfs up 6 and had the perfect location

Food court was excellent

Crowds at food and wine were big on the weekend
Ugh .......

Will write more when j get home

Busses were good
No long waits from a park to back to sports

Later !

I was at sports and left on the 7 th day for the darkside

Still here and will be home this Friday

Assigned to surfs up 6 and had the perfect location

Food court was excellent

Crowds at food and wine were big on the weekend
Ugh .......

Will write more when j get home

Busses were good
No long waits from a park to back to sports

Later !

Nice to hear. Bring us back some pictures.

My dd is playing in the soccer showcase 12/30-1/2. The AS Sports is on the "official" hotel list for the tourney. We were already planning a trip and booked at the POR for 1/2-7. There will be four of us....my mom, my dd and her friend (17).
There are other non-Disney hotels on the list but I was thinking the AS Sports would be pretty darn convenient for us and we can take the bus to the WWoS fields.
I'm only mildly hesitant because of the room sizes and only having double beds. I am wondering if we could get two adjoining rooms for about the same cost as an off-property hotel. Does this make sense?

m

Came home before midnight on Thursday

Vacation had it's ups and downs but all trips have that in some ways

Sports was great for me
Food court had new chefs and I believe it made a huge difference
Believe the change was about five months back
I talked to two of them and think that is what they told me

Ended up doing dinner there for 4 of my evenings
Usually i do dinner in the parks but not this time

It was hot the week I was there!

It slowed me down more than usual

My fp worked well and I avoided long lines most of the time
Bus travel was more prompt for me when I was leaving parks
The longest wait I had was from the mk to sports

If the heat was not as bad as it was. Would have enjoyed the trip more

Usually that last week in September to early October is great for me
This year it has been hot in the South for many places and I usually

I am in Georgia as I moved out of Chicago week before Christmas last year
This summer we have had temps in the 90's for over 100 straight days which is not the norm

Have to say I am mentally planning another return trip soon!

Came home before midnight on Thursday

Vacation had it's ups and downs but all trips have that in some ways

Sports was great for me
Food court had new chefs and I believe it made a huge difference
Believe the change was about five months back
I talked to two of them and think that is what they told me

Ended up doing dinner there for 4 of my evenings
Usually i do dinner in the parks but not this time

It was hot the week I was there!

It slowed me down more than usual

My fp worked well and I avoided long lines most of the time
Bus travel was more prompt for me when I was leaving parks
The longest wait I had was from the mk to sports

If the heat was not as bad as it was. Would have enjoyed the trip more

Usually that last week in September to early October is great for me
This year it has been hot in the South for many places and I usually

I am in Georgia as I moved out of Chicago week before Christmas last year
This summer we have had temps in the 90's for over 100 straight days which is not the norm

Have to say I am mentally planning another return trip soon!

Yea it has been hot down south. Hoping when I go the first week of November it is cooler.

We just got back yesterday from Sports. We had stayed 2 days prior at POFQ and loved it there and had the nicest CMs working there. Sports was a totally different experience. We checked in and were given our room number, took all our stuff to the room, and the magic bands didn't work. We went back to the lobby to get it fixed and were told that the first CM never checked us in, so the room was still in a "hold". Finally got it fixed, but it was just a pain to have to walk back and forth with luggage in the heat. Also, none of the CMs walking around would ever tell you hello, or greet you. They were just really unfriendly.

We had asked for a rollaway bed but never received it and when I called to ask around 8pm when to expect it they sent someone up with the bed. The lady knocked on the door and then pushed the bed towards me and told me to put it wherever I wanted. She didn't come in the room or offer to help me even get the bed into the room. I was struggling to get it in the room and move the table around, which was very frustrating and not the Disney experience that we are used to. I just thought it was very strange to leave the bed outside the door and walk off.

When we checked out at 6am on Saturday I went to the front desk to get a copy of our bill. There were 2 CMs talking to each other and one finally came over. I asked him for a copy of the bill and he said I would have to check my email for it. I told him that I didn't have an email yet and would just like a paper copy if he could give me one. He printed it out, layed it on the counter, and walked away. I was shocked! Never said "have a nice day", "did you enjoy your stay", or anything. Just left!

I really couldn't believe the difference in our time at POFQ and Sports. We have a reservation for another week in December booked at Sports, but my husband said there is no way he will stay there again. My boys were so excited to get to stay there and have waited so long for this trip, so this was really disappointing.

One other thing, does anyone know where they are now doing the movies at night? We had a room in the football section and several came down Friday night to watch the movie on the football field, but there never was a movie. I didn't go to the front desk to find out b/c we were honestly just too tired to try and find out where we should go, but just wanted to see if anyone else knew.

So touchdown is all preferred now, right? I'm about to make a room request for our Nov/Dec stay and want to be sure I choose correct.

We have a standard room, so is Hoops my best bet for a close to main hall/bus walk now?

So touchdown is all preferred now, right? I'm about to make a room request for our Nov/Dec stay and want to be sure I choose correct.

We have a standard room, so is Hoops my best bet for a close to main hall/bus walk now?

Yes,Touchdown! is now Preferred.

I would request Home Run Hotel/Building # 9/room as close to Touchdown!/Building # 10 as possible.

From Home Run Hotel/Building # 9 it is a short walk along the "back" of Touchdown!/Building # 10 to the Bus Stops.:)

Yes,Touchdown! is now Preferred.

I would request Home Run Hotel/Building # 9/room as close to Touchdown!/Building # 10 as possible.

From Home Run Hotel/Building # 9 it is a short walk along the "back" of Touchdown!/Building # 10 to the Bus Stops.:)

Awesome, thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter