Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

This was the 3rd trip in the last 3 years that I did not buy any dining packages

I thoroughly enjoyed eating where and when I wanted to

I am not a soda drinker so the beverage on the dining plan was a waste for me
Not fond of the typical desserts with the quick service

I figured out the difference cost of the plan against what I really wanted to eat

Even with 2 sit down adrs, I saved over more than $50 on the last trip

If I had a huge sit down lunch, my dinners were light
Salad and fruit was fine for me

Did the treats Mickey bars/snacks some days and that was included in my budget

Doubt I will ever go back to any dining program

Some peeps like having food prepaid and I do too

I would buy Disney gift cards each week at the grocery store and used them for all my food

Ended up returning home with $100 unused gc in October

I am not a big soda drinker myself, prefer water over anything except alcohol, lol. If the dining plan was free then I would take but it doesn't fit our style anymore. I used to take the boys when they were teenagers and get the regular dining plan (back when that was possible). I do love the Mickey bars though.

Found the thread. So tomorrow I am leaving to go back home. Been here since Tuesday:

Preferred ground floor surfs up 6. Perfect location. Food court served good food when I dined there.

Parks weren't too bad. Seen and did a lot. One complaint was the bus situation. Definitely too long of a wait at certain times.

Wasn't impressed with the new Disney Springs. There is only bus stop now so the hike to get down to the marketplace, the only place I wanted to go is to far. If I wanted to go shopping at a mall I wouldn't of came all that way to do so. I would of stayed home and went shopping

Enjoy the rest of today at the motherland

Safe travels back home in Saturday

Do tell us all about your trip once you are settled back home

I go with preferred

Baseball is the only non preferred I would stay in and not worth the risk of not getting that building

In October I had surf 6 and loved it
Room I had was on the backside away from the pool

We have 5 preferred rooms, all in different names but linked together in MDE. When we traveled in Nov 2015, we were assigned a "Traveling With" number, "TW########", to show room assignment staff at resort that we were together and would like rooms near one another. Latest cast member I spoke with not only knew nothing about Traveling With numbers, but then said they don't do them anymore. A little uncertainly in my opinion, as she had no idea what I was talking about at ALL, I had to explain a few times, and THEN she said they don't do that anymore. Anyone have any experience with traveling with 3 or more rooms in different names and requesting close proximity??

Does anyone know what rooms have been updated/when the refurb will be complete? Tring to think ahead about room request for our March 1st arrival TIA

Does anyone know what rooms have been updated/when the refurb will be complete? Tring to think ahead about room request for our March 1st arrival TIA
No refurb at All-Star Sports at this time.

There is a refurb coming up at Pop Century scheduled to begin in January.:)

Looking for updated recommendations(since this thread is so old). I am staying here for the first time in 2 weeks in a Standard Room. Can you make some recommendations of room requests I should make? Don't care @walking much bc I have teens. ideally closest to pool or bus stops would be more important that to the food court/lobby. Oh and we don't have a car so parking not important.

TIA

what is the difference between preferred or not-preferred? I have reservations for beginning of january. Do i need to request the preferred by calling them? Thanks!

what is the difference between preferred or not-preferred? I have reservations for beginning of january. Do i need to request the preferred by calling them? Thanks!
Preferred rooms have a "preferred location" which means they are generally closer to the food court. The preferred location is a specific booking category and cost more to book this location

They recently made the Touchdown building a preferred building. So surfs up and touchdown are preferred. It's just a way for Disney to make more money off people who are unable to walk very far. Kind of bummed because before they changed it I made my request for touchdown, so it's not valid and wasted.

They recently made the Touchdown building a preferred building. So surfs up and touchdown are preferred. It's just a way for Disney to make more money off people who are unable to walk very far. Kind of bummed because before they changed it I made my request for touchdown, so it's not valid and wasted.
You can just always call and change your request

Just got back and enjoyed our stay again at Sports. 2nd time there. We were in Baseball 3rd floor (which is what I requested) kind of facing the parking lot, so was great overall location wise, quiet and not really far to the buses/main building. They are working on the baseball pool which was fine since we didn't swim, ugly to look at but what can they do.

Got a pizza one night it was good. I got a veggie burger another night and it was good as well. We did breakfast one morning and I got a croissant thing that was fine and my brother got the chicken biscuit with maple butter and liked it a lot. We did get mugs and most drink spots worked but a couple seemed broken at the time.

We never waited too long for any bus except to Sports leaving AK at night before closing, it just never came and the line just kept growing. We did run the Wine & Dine half marathon weekend races and buses service for them were great as well.

We did have a clock again which we did not in January (probably mentioned here and I just missed) so that was nice. Plenty of hot water for showers/baths.

Never got a text for checkin so had to go to front desk which really didn't take long luckily.

Overall another great stay at Sports.

Last month I stayed surfs up 6

My room was on the backside
Opposite of the pool
Very quiet and a short walk to the food court

Hi all! Some friends are heading to All Star Sports the first week of January. Are towels still available at both pools these days? Also, what time is the outdoor movie usually in January? In November, it's 8pm, but I wondered if that continues into January. Thank you!

Hi all! Some friends are heading to All Star Sports the first week of January. Are towels still available at both pools these days? Also, what time is the outdoor movie usually in January? In November, it's 8pm, but I wondered if that continues into January. Thank you!

Yes,Surfboard Bay and Grand Slam have Pool Towels(Grand Slam is currently being refurbed but should be back open next month).

I "think" the Movie will stil be at 8:00 PM in January(remember that the 3 All-Stars now "alternate" Movie Nights-Sports no longer has a Movie EACH night).:)

Yes,Surfboard Bay and Grand Slam have Pool Towels(Grand Slam is currently being refurbed but should be back open next month).

I "think" the Movie will stil be at 8:00 PM in January(remember that the 3 All-Stars now "alternate" Movie Nights-Sports no longer has a Movie EACH night).:)
Thank you! I usually like to get people the movie schedule before their trips, but with a January 1st start, I don't think that will happen. I'll just tell them to look at the guide they receive at check-in. Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter