• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Our family checked into All-Star Music last night for one night prior to our free dining package at Pop.

Check-in: We did on-line check-in and received one of our requests for a top floor room. We were in Broadway, not the section I wanted, but I would request it in the future. The kids loved the theming, and it has been very quiet.

Food court: We hit the food court about 5:45 p.m., which beat all the crowds. I got a build-your-own salad with steak. They weren't very generous with the toppings (aside from the meat and dressing), but I ended up with a huge salad and enjoyed it.

Magic bands: We received our customized Magic Bands prior to arrival. Three of four worked on arrival. My husband took his to the front desk, and it worked immediately after. We received room keys as backup but never used them.

Room: The room wasn't in perfect condition, peeling paint in the bathroom, but was clean. We didn't have a fridge, requested one at the front desk, and was told we would get one when it became available. It was delivered quickly. Our bed rails didn't show up, but the fridge deliverer sent someone right over. We still had the old bedding.

Pool: Lots of people were swimming at night. The kiddie pool was pleasantly warm, and we hung out there quite a while watching the movie.

The kids say they like Pop Century better, but we've enjoyed our stay here.

Have volunteered to go with a band group and looking forward to our stay at All
Star Music. Wondering now about the food court rehab....Hope it happens soon after the holidays...

Headed to the resort dec 26 and just got the "no fridge" letter. I'm kinda bummed but we will make due.

Hi everyone! Our trip is getting closer and I'm looking for some advice on where to request if we want to be near transportation (especially race morning!) and near the food court? Or would we be better off somewhere else? Thanks for any help you can give!

I am switching my reservation to Music for May 28- June 7. I'm excited reading this thread and hope to learn more before the trip.

Hi everyone! Our trip is getting closer and I'm looking for some advice on where to request if we want to be near transportation (especially race morning!) and near the food court? Or would we be better off somewhere else? Thanks for any help you can give!

The Calypso building is closest to the main building.

But is that just for preferred rooms, that you have to pay extra for?
If you are in a single room...not a family suite...Calypso is in deed a preferred room that you pay extra for.

We didn't request anything but that's the building we were put in. We had a family suite so I'm not sure if that is why or not.
The family suites are located only in Calypso and Jazz.

Dreamer2012....you can request Jazz but it's mainly family suites. Your next best option at Music would be either Broadway or Rock. If you switch to Movies and get in the Mighty Ducks section you would be closer to the Music buses and food court than any of the buildings beyond Jazz.

Hey guys...we'll be staying at the AS Music resort end of the month and looking forward to our trip. Curious as to the selection and prices of food at the Market in the food court. Since we opted for a family suite...we were planning on having some breakfast food and healthy snacks in the room. We'll probably ship down some non-perishables...but wondering if we're better off having a grocery delivery for things like fresh fruit and milk, or if the Market has a decent selection of these things.

Hey guys...we'll be staying at the AS Music resort end of the month and looking forward to our trip. Curious as to the selection and prices of food at the Market in the food court. Since we opted for a family suite...we were planning on having some breakfast food and healthy snacks in the room. We'll probably ship down some non-perishables...but wondering if we're better off having a grocery delivery for things like fresh fruit and milk, or if the Market has a decent selection of these things.

I've never been, but I saw some pics of the market on the easywdw site. There is pics of the entire resort plus the food area. From my experience with other disney grocery shopping, it's okay if you need something, but it will be more expensive than normal. Whether it's better to deliver groceries would depend on how much you plan to use.

The market is not a market at all....it's just a corner of the food court that has random items ie:bottled drinks, cold dessert cups(think jello), side salads. Fruit wise your really only going to find apples, oranges, bananas and fruit cups. I think the apples etc. are about $1 per piece but could be more now. The fruit cups are approx $4. They used to have half gallons of milk but I didn't see that the last time I was there. I think those were around $4.

I agree with the PP that it really depends how much you need as to whether it's worth while for a grocery delivery. If you are only going to want fresh fruit and milk then I would bring the fruit from home and buy the milk at the food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter