Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

There are very few king rooms and I know they will not put you in one if it is more than just two adults unless the third is an infant in a port a crib. I would think if it is just you two and you note it is an annivarsary trip it might just bump you up to the top of the list of those requesting king rooms. Make sure at check in to ask if they were able to fill your king room request and if they say no ask if they could look to see if any are available they could switch you to so you can both enjoy your anniversary trip.

This is exactly what I was going to say. One more point...the earlier you check in the more inventory they have to move you into a king room if you were not already assigned one.

If they can't give you a king at check in they might be able to move you to one the next day.

My sister and I stayed at All Star Music last week (Sept 22-27) and I wanted to share our experiences there.
I was a little concerned about the bus situation. I figured since we were going at a slow time we would always be sharing with the other All Stars but it really didn't happen much. We would head to the parks each day at about 8:20 each morning and we did not share once. We shared coming back from DTD at about 11pm, and coming back from HS at about 6:30pm. I only had to stand on 3 trips.
I had read some reviews of the resort on Trip Advisor where people mentioned a 15 minute walk from the back of the resort to the buses. Those people must have been crawling on their hands and knees! We stayed in Broadway and it was no more than a 5 minute walk to the main building and buses.
We did not have a fridge but we weren't expecting one.
The food court was always busy when we walked past (8:15ish in the morning and 9:30ish at night), but there were lots of available tables.
We were at the parks all day so I can't comment on the pools or daytime activities.
I didn't notice any large groups staying there. It was nice and quiet in the Broadway section. We didn't hear a soul.
Overall we had a great stay at ASMu and I would definitely stay there again if I was doing another budget trip. It was a lot prettier in person. There is more greenspace and landscaping than I saw in the pictures pre-trip. I will definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a value resort.

How were the cheerleaders?? We're going next Jan. at the same time and am considering switching from AoA to ASMu, but I'll happily stay at AoA to avoid cheerleaders! :)

Sorry...this is for those of you who stayed this past January.

We'll be staying at ASMu in 10 days! (Well, at this time of night, closer to 9 days now!) And we're sooo excited about it!

Originally, we were gonna stay at the Pop Century, but doing 11 nights at the ASMu was only 10$ more than doing 10 nights at the Pop, so we figured we'd go for it! We're open to staying at any resorts so switching wasn't a disappointment at all. One of my dreams is actually to stay at every single Disney resort once, so it'll just cross the ASMu off our list!

We'll probably try and ask for a handicap accessible room, though only if they have one to spare that isn't gonna be needed during our stay. We will have a wheelchair and a walker though, so more space in the room by having one bed instead of two would be ideal, not to mention the removable shower head - my wife had a tracheotomy done in June and it's been removed since, but the hole isn't entirely closed yet so we don't want to risk anything. That's really our only request, since they have elevators, so hopefully we'll get it! Though she doesn't want to take it from someone who might need it more so she plans on letting them know that, but still.

Originally, we were gonna stay at the Pop Century, but doing 11 nights at the ASMu was only 10$ more than doing 10 nights at the Pop, so we figured we'd go for it! We're open to staying at any resorts so switching wasn't a disappointment at all. One of my dreams is actually to stay at every single Disney resort once, so it'll just cross the ASMu off our list!

The current price-per-night difference (typically $10 a night depending on the dates) between Pop and the All-Stars has caused me to switch from regular Pop reservations to All-Star reservations. You'll have a great time at ASMu.

How were the cheerleaders?? We're going next Jan. at the same time and am considering switching from AoA to ASMu, but I'll happily stay at AoA to avoid cheerleaders! :)

Sorry...this is for those of you who stayed this past January.

We are staying in the family suites Jan 4-8. We got 35% RO discount and we are super excited to be staying onsite. Is there a Cheerleading competition at that time? :sad2:

My sister and I stayed at All Star Music last week (Sept 22-27) and I wanted to share our experiences there.
I was a little concerned about the bus situation. I figured since we were going at a slow time we would always be sharing with the other All Stars but it really didn't happen much. We would head to the parks each day at about 8:20 each morning and we did not share once. We shared coming back from DTD at about 11pm, and coming back from HS at about 6:30pm. I only had to stand on 3 trips.
I had read some reviews of the resort on Trip Advisor where people mentioned a 15 minute walk from the back of the resort to the buses. Those people must have been crawling on their hands and knees! We stayed in Broadway and it was no more than a 5 minute walk to the main building and buses.
We did not have a fridge but we weren't expecting one.
The food court was always busy when we walked past (8:15ish in the morning and 9:30ish at night), but there were lots of available tables.
We were at the parks all day so I can't comment on the pools or daytime activities.
I didn't notice any large groups staying there. It was nice and quiet in the Broadway section. We didn't hear a soul.
Overall we had a great stay at ASMu and I would definitely stay there again if I was doing another budget trip. It was a lot prettier in person. There is more greenspace and landscaping than I saw in the pictures pre-trip. I will definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a value resort.

I have to agree with you! We were there 9/24 to 10/1 and the food court was always crowded in the mornings and at nights. But the bus situation was not bad at all. We rarely shared a bus either and I think we stood once our entire trip. Even at DTD it was crowded and a 2nd bus was waiting while the other bus was filling up. We stayed in the jazz building #9 and it was quiet and not a long walk at all!

This was our second time staying here on a budget and we would definitely do it again it need be!

We will be there Oct. 20 and planned on bringing some snacks and food for breakfast. I thought all rooms had fridges now. read a couple post that people said there was no fridge. Could someone clarify this for me.

We are going to try ASMu on our next trip! We have only stayed at POP other than our last trip in September when we upgraded to POR. Found out we are "value" people! We missed them.

We will be there Oct. 20 and planned on bringing some snacks and food for breakfast. I thought all rooms had fridges now. read a couple post that people said there was no fridge. Could someone clarify this for me.

We are staying at the All Star Music the end of October. We received a letter from Disney about three weeks ago:

"Refrigerators disconnected in rooms."

We are staying at the All Star Music the end of October. We received a letter from Disney about three weeks ago:

"Refrigerators disconnected in rooms."

Thanks for the info. Will have to rethink my food choices.

All rooms have a fridge BUT there were recent safety issues so all fridges have been disconnected. They are in the process of bringing in replacements. The resorts will give you a fridge on request IF one is available...it's a first come, first serve situation.

Hi,

I stayed at the Music this summer and enjoyed my stay. It was a quick stay (only 3 nights) and I was solo. I was give a room in building 2 Jazz section on the first floor. It was a wheelchair accessible room which I did not need but I liked having one bed instead of the two little ones. Location to the main hall was good and the room was not as noisy as I thought it would be. I ate at the food court on arrival night and had pizza. It was pretty terrible but I was hungry after a long day of traveling. I found the food court ordering areas to busy but the dining area was less congested. I was always able to get a table or booth to relax at. The soda machines were easy to get to and available right at 6:00 am. I loved the look of the broadway section and wished I had asked for a room there. If I ever go back that will be the place for me. :thumbsup2

Only have AOA and Sports to try and I will have seen all the values then it will be time to start seeing the mods and deluxes. :cheer2:

We stayed in a family suite in April 2013 and loved it! We were in the Calypso buildings so it was a short walk to the buses and main building! We will be checking out AOA in June 2014 but still highly recommend ASMu!

FYI, we stayed here last week - Oct 3-4 and had a working fridge with no note. We were in Calypso in room 1440, a preferred room that they upgraded us to. We did not ask for a fridge, but were happy there was one there. :)

We stayed in a family suite in April 2013 and loved it! We were in the Calypso buildings so it was a short walk to the buses and main building! We will be checking out AOA in June 2014 but still highly recommend ASMu!
Glad to hear this! We are staying in a suite March/April 2014!!! Would you recommend Calypso over Jazz or are the distances to the main buildings similar?

Just returned from a stay in Jazz building 4. We did not have a fridge in the room. Asked about a credit at the desk and was given a $15.00 per night credit.

Kim:goodvibes

Should not be on the web so much. Happened to notice that I had enough southwest points for 3 one way trips, and an 2APs (mine and DD14) burning a hole in my pocket. Booked Dec 5 to Dec 8 at ASMu for a surprise trip! Only had to purchase one one way airfare at $200. Not bad. Went online and originally found no availability for any value, called while surfing again, and while the CM tried to sell me on offsite or CS, ASMu preferred popped up at a non discounted rate and I grabbed it!!
It is at 114 and 134 per night, which is discounted!
Can you tell I'm excited?
Now I've looked and noticed that it is the beginning of Pop Warner and the taping of the holiday parade, and a MVMCP. I guess it will be crowded!
Thanks for reading my post, and jump in if you have any suggestions!:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter