Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks guys! Still undecided on how much food we'll keep in the suite. If there was an oven/range and we could cook full meals...it'd be a different story. Is the refrigerator in the suites full size or just typical mini fridge? I don't see myself shipping fruit though...so that may be what seals the deal for just biting the bullet and doing grocery delivery.

Thanks guys! Still undecided on how much food we'll keep in the suite. If there was an oven/range and we could cook full meals...it'd be a different story. Is the refrigerator in the suites full size or just typical mini fridge? I don't see myself shipping fruit though...so that may be what seals the deal for just biting the bullet and doing grocery delivery.

The fridge is a tall bar fridge

So I'm making a pack list for our trip...and I don't want to make any assumptions about in-room amenities at asmu...but I also can't find a list on the disney website. Are amenities fairly standard compared to a normal hotel? Specifically I'm thinking about complimentary coffee and a hair dryer in the bathroom...although I'm sure I'll come up with others. Does anyone know where I can find an amenities list or at least give me a low down on where it may differ from a standard hotel? Anything I might want to be sure to pack that I wouldn't normally think of for a standard hotel? We've booked a family suite FWIW.

So I'm making a pack list for our trip...and I don't want to make any assumptions about in-room amenities at asmu...but I also can't find a list on the disney website. Are amenities fairly standard compared to a normal hotel? Specifically I'm thinking about complimentary coffee and a hair dryer in the bathroom...although I'm sure I'll come up with others. Does anyone know where I can find an amenities list or at least give me a low down on where it may differ from a standard hotel? Anything I might want to be sure to pack that I wouldn't normally think of for a standard hotel? We've booked a family suite FWIW.

Being in a suite, you will have a kitchenette with a coffee maker and microwave, along with a refrigerator. Standard (non-suite) rooms at Disney value resorts don't have coffee makers or microwaves although they are supposed to have a fridge.

And yes, there will be hair dryers. (Standard rooms have hair dryers as well.)

Being in a suite, you will have a kitchenette with a coffee maker and microwave, along with a refrigerator. Standard (non-suite) rooms at Disney value resorts don't have coffee makers or microwaves although they are supposed to have a fridge.

And yes, there will be hair dryers. (Standard rooms have hair dryers as well.)

But it's a supply your own coffee type deal, correct?

When you arrive there will be coffee provided. And then housekeeping will replenish every day as needed. :thumbsup2

Thanks. Feel silly that I even had to ask...as that's pretty much the case at any hotel...but I didn't want to take the chances and assume something not spelled out on the website.

Thanks. Feel silly that I even had to ask...as that's pretty much the case at any hotel...but I didn't want to take the chances and assume something not spelled out on the website.

No worries. That's what this board is all about, sharing information. Nobody knows everything. :thumbsup2

So excited...just booked ASMu for our June trip for dd and I.

Its our favorite place to stay. :cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2:

We've stayed in all the values and even a couple of the deleux (Poly, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge) but my dd always wants to come back to ASMu. Which is fine by me! :rotfl2:

The only difference to our trip this year is we are not doing the dining plan. Thebest part about the plan for me is that the food is paid for in advance so I don't have to think about it. This trip dd is considered a disney "adult" and I would have to pay the increased price. She eats like a bird so it's not worth the cost.

But..so excited to be going back and staying once again at ASMu!!

Just curious what everyone's experience has been with the availability of early check-in. We're arriving 1/29, flight gets in around 11am. I'm assuming if all runs smoothly we'll be at the resort between noon-1pm. What is the likelihood that a family suite will be available for early checkin? Obviously I know there's no guarantees but since we aren't hitting up the parks that day we'd like to get our 2yo down for a nap asap. I'm gonna do the online check-in. Is it worth noting our arrival time and our hope to be able to check-in early when I do the online check-in? Or just keep our fingers crossed for when we arrive? Thanks!

Just curious what everyone's experience has been with the availability of early check-in. We're arriving 1/29, flight gets in around 11am. I'm assuming if all runs smoothly we'll be at the resort between noon-1pm. What is the likelihood that a family suite will be available for early checkin? Obviously I know there's no guarantees but since we aren't hitting up the parks that day we'd like to get our 2yo down for a nap asap. I'm gonna do the online check-in. Is it worth noting our arrival time and our hope to be able to check-in early when I do the online check-in? Or just keep our fingers crossed for when we arrive? Thanks!

If you don't care where your suite is located you will have a better chance. I doubt the resort will be sold out at that time so odds are prob in your favour.

I'm more concerned about the grandparents room being near our suite than I am the location. But I'm guessing both could impact the availability. Guess we'll find out when we get there.

I'm more concerned about the grandparents room being near our suite than I am the location. But I'm guessing both could impact the availability. Guess we'll find out when we get there.

The way I read this is that you have a family suite and a single room. If this is the case you will be lucky to get both in the same building let alone close together. There are very few single rooms in Jazz and Calypso. Make sure that both reservations are linked together which will help. I would also suggest that you not do online check in if being close together is really important to you. It's much harder to change the room/suite assignment at the online check in counter. The other thing that will help you is arriving early in the day while they still have inventory.

Not sure if this was asked or not but,in comparison to noise which one is better,calypso or jazz family suites?

Not sure if this was asked or not but,in comparison to noise which one is better,calypso or jazz family suites?

You might have a little noise if you are poolside in Calypso. Otherwise, it won't matter.

We have been at the back, near the parking lot, in both Calypso and Jazz and never heard a sound. It felt like we were the only people in the building when we were in our room.

dancin Disney style said:
You might have a little noise if you are poolside in Calypso. Otherwise, it won't matter.

We have been at the back, near the parking lot, in both Calypso and Jazz and never heard a sound. It felt like we were the only people in the building when we were in our room.

Ty so much!! I have been planning our November stay since august and we buy our tickets etc next month so its crunch time!! Lol

Ty so much!! I have been planning our November stay since august and we buy our tickets etc next month so its crunch time!! Lol

Just wanted to add that there will be more foot traffic on the ground floor. So that would add a little to the noise factor.....but I think the pool is really the main source.

The last time we were there we had a single room and booked preferred which is Calypso. I only requested not to be facing the pool. We got 3rd floor at the very end of the T by the parking lot. Only one time in 12 days did we hear some loud little ones running along the corridor. You know the sound of small kids that run as if they have lead feet?

dancin Disney style said:
Just wanted to add that there will be more foot traffic on the ground floor. So that would add a little to the noise factor.....but I think the pool is really the main source.

The last time we were there we had a single room and booked preferred which is Calypso. I only requested not to be facing the pool. We got 3rd floor at the very end of the T by the parking lot. Only one time in 12 days did we hear some loud little ones running along the corridor. You know the sound of small kids that run as if they have lead feet?

Lol are the family suites on the third floor? I am letting my daughter pick the building we stay at and she has chose jazz lol. And yes all three of my kids have led feet! Lol

Lol are the family suites on the third floor? I am letting my daughter pick the building we stay at and she has chose jazz lol. And yes all three of my kids have led feet! Lol

The suites are on all floors scattered through both Calypso and Jazz. It's mainly suites the single rooms are very few in those buildings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter