Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

We're heading here in late September. My son and I in one room and my BFF and her family in another. I'll let my friend make the request she wants as she has mobility issues. As long we're close to each other I'll be happy. We did request adjoining rooms so we may not ask for anything more to make that option easier.

We stayed June 11-18 and loved it! I'd only stayed at Sports before, and it was the rest of my family's first trip. We were put in one of the country buildings, so it was definitely a bit of a walk. I think the longest we waited for a bus was about 20 minutes, but it was for Downtown Disney around 3:00, so I was expecting the buses to be slower at that point anyway. We did share with the other All-Stars a few times coming back after using extra magic hours, usually around 1 or 2 a.m. and they got pretty crowded leaving the parks during regular closing hours too. But again, nothing I wasn't expecting.

We're going to try Pop Century next time, but I would stay at Music again for sure.

I'm thinking of booking one night at one of the All-Stars, just to sleep and save some money on our flights. We are all adults and will go with the flow check out/in day. I heard that Music is a bit quieter than the others because some families don't find it as interesting for kids. Would the Broadway section be a nice choice? My boyfriend loves theater.

I'm thinking of booking one night at one of the All-Stars, just to sleep and save some money on our flights. We are all adults and will go with the flow check out/in day. I heard that Music is a bit quieter than the others because some families don't find it as interesting for kids. Would the Broadway section be a nice choice? My boyfriend loves theater.

The Broadway section is my favorite! We requested it and got country instead, but we were still able to walk through and get lots of pictures of the outdoor areas. The whole hotel seemed pretty quiet, but we had also been staying at the parks until closing each night, so I don't know if it had been louder earlier on or not.

Depending on when you're going, All-Star Sports houses teams for certain events sometimes. That's where we were for college dance nationals, and I think they use it for other stuff too.

If you want to make sure it's quiet, request one of the buildings that's not by a pool no matter where you stay!

Hi all, we've stayed at ASMu before but this year we have two rooms because we have 6 people. Does anyone know how far in advance we can call and request connecting rooms? We are currently 15 days out and I don't want to wait to long but I don't want to call to early either. Thanks

Hi all, we've stayed at ASMu before but this year we have two rooms because we have 6 people. Does anyone know how far in advance we can call and request connecting rooms? We are currently 15 days out and I don't want to wait to long but I don't want to call to early either. Thanks

Anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior. I always make my requests with the phone CM when I book, usually 8 months out. Don't worry about being too early. They don't expire. Once it's noted on your reservation it stays there when your reservation is transferred from the WDTC to the room assigners at your resort.

Music is our favorite value resort and Broadway is our favorite section. It sounds perfect for your purposes too! Very quiet, great landscaping for a value, and we didn't think the walk was that far from the lobby. Really enjoyed the walk - particularly the part that goes through the jazz courtyard. Have a great trip!

Depending on when you're going, All-Star Sports houses teams for certain events sometimes. That's where we were for college dance nationals, and I think they use it for other stuff too

Music and Movies also house groups.:)

January through early May is Cheer and Dance "season" and in late June/July/early August The Fifteens are there.:drinking:

Does anyone know how far down the ASM bus stop is at the Magic Kingdom? I have seen several complaints that the AoA is the very last one. Thanks

Music is our favorite value resort and Broadway is our favorite section. It sounds perfect for your purposes too! Very quiet, great landscaping for a value, and we didn't think the walk was that far from the lobby. Really enjoyed the walk - particularly the part that goes through the jazz courtyard. Have a great trip!

Thanks! I just know he'll get a kick out of the Broadway theming.

Does anyone know how far down the ASM bus stop is at the Magic Kingdom? I have seen several complaints that the AoA is the very last one. Thanks

As of last week the Art of Animation stop was still the furthest stop away in the 33/34 slot. The slots can change but the stops for the All-Stars are likely to be in the middle set of stops (21-26) and so not quite as far as AoA and Pop Century.

As of last week the Art of Animation stop was still the furthest stop away in the 33/34 slot. The slots can change but the stops for the All-Stars are likely to be in the middle set of stops (21-26) and so not quite as far as AoA and Pop Century.

:thanks:that is great info. I am not planning to use the buses that much but really think it would be better than driving going to the Magic Kingdom.

that is great info. I am not planning to use the buses that much but really think it would be better than driving going to the Magic Kingdom.

I agree - driving to Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios can be convenient, but using the direct bus to Magic Kingdom from your resort makes sense.

Staying at ASMu in October for a long weekend. Surprising my daughter and niece (they are just 4 months apart) with a surprise Halloween trip. Wo excited to surprise them!! I've enjoyed looking at some of the pics of the resort. Thanks for all the great info on this thread.

Just changed to this resort for Wine and Dine weekend! I'd been at POFQ and made the mistake of looking at AP rates - which aren't available for any of the host resorts - and got sad over how much I could save on a mod (CSR) if I didn't have to stay at a host resort. The All Stars ARE host resorts, and it occurred to me that I stayed at ASMu for my first half marathon back in 2011 and liked it fine. And given that running and I aren't talking a lot lately this may be my last half marathon, so it kind of seems fitting to come back here. I'm just in a regular room, so I'm thinking I'll request Jazz or Broadway. :)

eta: Would I use the fax number in the first post for making room requests?

eta: Would I use the fax number in the first post for making room requests?

No, call the main reservation line and add your requests to your reservation. POR and POFQ are the only resorts that for sure still read and act upon faxed requests.

No, call the main reservation line and add your requests to your reservation. POR and POFQ are the only resorts that for sure still read and act upon faxed requests.

Got it. Thanks.

Staying at ASMusic early December. It was the only value open to the F&F discount when we booked. We used Music buses a lot two years ago, in May, when we were in the mighty ducks section of ASMovies. Do you believe we never made it to the Toy Story section or Herbie so I bet we will get over there. Looking forward to staying in the close preferred section at Music. I'm going to choose top floor pool view. We sleep like rocks there after running crazy.
Last year we were in Pop and I loved being able to walk across the lake to AofA and had no issues with Pop being crowded or noisy end of August.

Called this morning and put my request for "Jazz or Broadway section, top floor" on my reservation! Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter