Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back from 7 nights at ASMu family suite! It was fantastic, I truly cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed it!! Highly recommend! Very nice, theming is awesome, clean, good mousekeeping, food court was good, nice gift shop, fun arcade, I could go on & on! We were in calypso building 10. My requests of 3rd floor, landscape view were honored. I walked around on our last night to take some night pics & just venture to the other buildings, and I really liked the Broadway section too! It was just beautiful. My only slight complaint was the kiddie pool started to smell pretty gross a few days into our trip so we kept the kids in the big pool after that. But it's a kiddie pool.....I'm sure it gets peed in right & left unfortunately. I could tell some foreign families maybe aren't familiar with swim diapers??? Like 1 kid I saw a couple different days in undies and pj shorts swimming, and he was younger than my youngest so he should've been in a swim diaper. Idk, but like I said the big pools were fine. Someone had set out about 10 beach balks, not sure if it was the resort or a guest spreading magic, but it made my kids happy to play with! :) the front desk staff was nice, we lost 2 magic bands and they replaced & re activated with no trouble. (Another day my daughter forgot hers on the way to MK; they scanned mine to look us up then issued her a card to use instead thank goodness!)

This being our first ever trip, ASMu will always hold a special place in my heart! I learned a lot....like how nice the values really are, and not to get so caught up in where to stay- they are all nice, just GO!! We only shared buses 4x I believe and it was always coming back from a park when the bus wasn't full anyway. 1 time we shared going TO dd/ds. Again, it wasn't full so no big deal. We never waited long. Longest was maybe 5 min. And GOD BLESS all the ppl on the full busses that gave up their seat to me, as I was holding my 2 yr old!!! It happened probably 3x and I was so grateful to those kind folks! We never encountered any rude guests at all! It was amazing. There were a few school groups we saw around, they kept to themselves, I didn't notice any disturbance. I think we got extremely spoiled this first trip-it didn't even rain. NOT ONCE. It truly was amazing. People were kind, and kind to my children.

Something I did find a bit confusing was on the food court menus, it didn't say exactly what came with the meals on the dining plan, so I had to ask. Like the meals came with a large drink out of the coolers (which I thought was weird since we had mugs, but I stocked up on OJ & choc milk for my kids breakfasts when we were eating snack items or ala carte items) and a dessert, and kids got sides but only certain sections.....I felt they could do better labeling things like that, just to clarify.

We enjoyed a lot of biscuits & gravy in the morning for only 3.79 OR a snack credit which I thought was awesome! Also I asked for an additional mickey waffle aka carte one morning for my 2 year old and they said it was no charge! But then another day my husband asked for a side of gravy and was charged a snack credit for it. (He didn't have his wallet on him so he just went with it, otherwise we would've just paid cash.)

Anyway, we loved this resort, and would stay here again without a doubt!

I'm hoping to stay there in August but I'm SLIGHTLY worried. I've heard a lot of bad reports and people suggesting CBR ... Is it true you that the food places and shops are closed at the moment and getting food at night when you return from the parks is a nightmare? I've been told people are being sent to Downtown!!!!!!!!! Not sure how accurate that information is. OK, I know there's a lot of renovation work going on but I hope they are able to keep the basic things like shops and cafes open while it's being done. We'll be going for a celebration but unfortunately I'm disabled ... I'd LOVE to stay in ASM again (stayed there for my first time) but I've also been told the guitar pool is closed ... not good for me. If anyone has any idea of the current situation regarding this resort, I'd appreciate it. I've told my partner that we'll decide where to go based on a) availability at the time we book (obviously!) but also easy access to food since I'm diabetic ... I hope nobody minds me asking about the current situation ... everyone who I've spoken to (naturally!) has different experiences ...

I would love to stay in ... I think it's Jazz with the drums on the front. Fingers crossed I make it there in August! Everyone who's going before me, have a fantastic time!

Guitar pool is NOT closed. We spent a lot if time in it! Neither is piano pool. Food court Reno has been completed for awhile now & is super nice!!!

Just got back from 7 nights at ASMu family suite! It was fantastic, I truly cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed it!! Highly recommend! ... Anyway, we loved this resort, and would stay here again without a doubt!

Thanks for such a great report. We've always stayed in POR and even though I'm super excited about ASMu there has been a little bit of doubt because of the negative reviews. So nice to see positive comments!!!

Does ASM have a small refrigerator or is just a beverage cooler?
Also, is there a coffee maker?
TIA

When I went we had to hire a fridge - at the time it was $70 a week - I'm NOT saying it's the same now ... many things have changed since then!!! I need a small fridge wherever I go so I appreciate the importance of this question!

As for the coffee maker, yes there was one when we went ... we take our own kettle now after we tried to buy one and nobody knew what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peni520 - I hope you have as good a time as I had when I first stayed about 10 years ago. Happiest holiday of my life - and one of the highlights was soaking in the guitar pool late at night, looking up at the star spangled sky. I've never been so relaxed! God willing, I WILL be back in August ...
Thank you so much

Does ASM have a small refrigerator or is just a beverage cooler?
Also, is there a coffee maker?
TIA
I was just there in the beginning of the month. Yes, there was a mini-fridge in the room at no extra cost. I didn't notice a coffee maker, though.

Just got back from 7 nights at ASMu family suite! It was fantastic, I truly cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed it!! Highly recommend! Very nice, theming is awesome, clean, good mousekeeping, food court was good, nice gift shop, fun arcade, I could go on & on! We were in calypso building 10. My requests of 3rd floor, landscape view were honored. I walked around on our last night to take some night pics & just venture to the other buildings, and I really liked the Broadway section too! It was just beautiful. My only slight complaint was the kiddie pool started to smell pretty gross a few days into our trip so we kept the kids in the big pool after that. But it's a kiddie pool.....I'm sure it gets peed in right & left unfortunately. I could tell some foreign families maybe aren't familiar with swim diapers??? Like 1 kid I saw a couple different days in undies and pj shorts swimming, and he was younger than my youngest so he should've been in a swim diaper. Idk, but like I said the big pools were fine. Someone had set out about 10 beach balks, not sure if it was the resort or a guest spreading magic, but it made my kids happy to play with! :) the front desk staff was nice, we lost 2 magic bands and they replaced & re activated with no trouble. (Another day my daughter forgot hers on the way to MK; they scanned mine to look us up then issued her a card to use instead thank goodness!)

This being our first ever trip, ASMu will always hold a special place in my heart! I learned a lot....like how nice the values really are, and not to get so caught up in where to stay- they are all nice, just GO!! We only shared buses 4x I believe and it was always coming back from a park when the bus wasn't full anyway. 1 time we shared going TO dd/ds. Again, it wasn't full so no big deal. We never waited long. Longest was maybe 5 min. And GOD BLESS all the ppl on the full busses that gave up their seat to me, as I was holding my 2 yr old!!! It happened probably 3x and I was so grateful to those kind folks! We never encountered any rude guests at all! It was amazing. There were a few school groups we saw around, they kept to themselves, I didn't notice any disturbance. I think we got extremely spoiled this first trip-it didn't even rain. NOT ONCE. It truly was amazing. People were kind, and kind to my children.

Something I did find a bit confusing was on the food court menus, it didn't say exactly what came with the meals on the dining plan, so I had to ask. Like the meals came with a large drink out of the coolers (which I thought was weird since we had mugs, but I stocked up on OJ & choc milk for my kids breakfasts when we were eating snack items or ala carte items) and a dessert, and kids got sides but only certain sections.....I felt they could do better labeling things like that, just to clarify.

We enjoyed a lot of biscuits & gravy in the morning for only 3.79 OR a snack credit which I thought was awesome! Also I asked for an additional mickey waffle aka carte one morning for my 2 year old and they said it was no charge! But then another day my husband asked for a side of gravy and was charged a snack credit for it. (He didn't have his wallet on him so he just went with it, otherwise we would've just paid cash.)

Anyway, we loved this resort, and would stay here again without a doubt!

Guitar pool is NOT closed. We spent a lot if time in it! Neither is piano pool. Food court Reno has been completed for awhile now & is super nice!!!

This is so, so nice to read!!! Thank you for sharing all of this. Just want I needed to read today! :cloud9:

I really had a lot of fun reading everyone's positive reports on my favorite resort, the All Star Music. I really do not understand how there are so many bad reports concerning this resort in other messages on the Forum. It seems that for every complaint I could prove them to be completely wrong, such as always sharing buses; no mini fridge in the rooms; rude staff; loud groups; wild kids; dirty rooms; etc....... I have been there for Pop Warner football, cheerleaders, band, dance groups and I can swear on a bible that there was never any problem with the kids, noise or any other complaint regarding these groups. Three years ago we got into our room and the tub was dirty. I called the front desk and immediately there was someone there to clean it. Not only a maid but a staff member apologizing profusely and they also had a gift for us as a way to ask for forgiveness. We hardly ever share buses, the food is always great and for the girls in the gift shop-everyone, next time you are at ASMu stop in and say hi to Nila, Smirna, Michele, Yolanda and Milagros. Best staff members anywhere. Tell them Pete from Michigan sends his warmest regards. My wife and I are in our 60's and we travel to WDW every year, sometimes twice a year. Yes, we can afford upgrading to a moderate but we have found family in the All Star Music. If you expect a four star hotel-stay away. This is in no way a four star. I would categorize it more of a 3.5 star.

Thanks for saying all that Pmlocke - I loved reading your comments. I'm still hoping to go in August (let you know when/if I find out what's happening) and I'll be sure to say hi to all those you mentioned. If the staff are good, it makes a difference to the holiday. I had a row with the staff in the Wyndham - they didn't even have BASIC knowledge - their sole answer was get a cab to the Florida Mall/Goodings/Wallgreens etc (the last two were within easy walking distance) ... the worst was they refused to clean the ants in our room (really put me off my breakfast when I found white ants in my bowl of cereal!) In contrast, the staff at ASMu were wonderful when we were there, quick to solve any problem, helpful, generous with their time. I'm glad it's not changed!

Honestly, I think many people on these boards are just snobbish about the value resorts and counter service restaurants. We'll stay at ASMu in Nov. It will be our first value resort and we couldn't be more excited. I expect everything to be just as magical as our other trips have been. Thanks Pmlocke for your vote of confidence.

I just booked a one night stay at ASMu for our trip in September and I'm really excited! Since DH and I flying in a day earlier than we originally planned to save quite a bit of money, we decided to book here for the one night before going on over to WL. :)

Honestly, I think many people on these boards are just snobbish about the value resorts and counter service restaurants. We'll stay at ASMu in Nov. It will be our first value resort and we couldn't be more excited. I expect everything to be just as magical as our other trips have been. Thanks Pmlocke for your vote of confidence.
I think that is true as well. I have stayed at all levels deluxe and moderate for years. Seven years ago we tried pop and I was in love. I could have saved us so much money. I was thinking of trying music next year my dd is really into theater and singing. Enjoy your stay.

I just booked a one night stay at ASMu for our trip in September and I'm really excited! Since DH and I flying in a day earlier than we originally planned to save quite a bit of money, we decided to book here for the one night before going on over to WL. :)

when in sept are you going? we will be there aug 31, for 4 nights.with the "free" dining. but now cause of the inablity to book that early flight aug 31, we added a room only on aug 30. rats. had to add an extra night! lol then on the 4th we are going over to riverside for 8 nights for the bounceback we booked when we were there in april.

you will love wilderness lodge we have only stayed there 4nights, but it was great. eat at whispering canyon. I also heard good things about artist;s point.

when in sept are you going? we will be there aug 31, for 4 nights.with the "free" dining. but now cause of the inablity to book that early flight aug 31, we added a room only on aug 30. rats. had to add an extra night! lol then on the 4th we are going over to riverside for 8 nights for the bounceback we booked when we were there in april.

you will love wilderness lodge we have only stayed there 4nights, but it was great. eat at whispering canyon. I also heard good things about artist;s point.
We'll be going September 2nd through the 8th and our night here is for the 2nd. That's a bummer you had to add on an extra night. ;) lol It sounds like you're going to have a lovely vacation! I can't wait to try all the different places to eat at WL. I'm really excited for our stay! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter