Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

dana1003 said:
twins? we're traveling w/3 year old twins and we are booked in a family suite..how was it??
It was fun, but my girls were 17 month old. I love the extra space it gave them. Much easier for them to go to sleep at night if we were not in the same room.

I just checked availability for Dec. of next year(19th - 28th) & they are already booked :guilty: I really hope more suites open up, I will keep checking!

tinknme said:
I just checked availability for Dec. of next year(19th - 28th) & they are already booked :guilty: I really hope more suites open up, I will keep checking!

Keep with that, that is exactly how we got our room for this Christmas! We made our ressies at POR, and every morning I called WDW to to check for availability-and we got it:) So keep it up, it really works! good luck

That gives me some hope! I will keep trying, thanks!

paper1225 said:
Keep with that, that is exactly how we got our room for this Christmas! We made our ressies at POR, and every morning I called WDW to to check for availability-and we got it:) So keep it up, it really works! good luck

ljcrochet said:
bathroom area
October2006267.jpg

Notice there is no privacy curtain

October2006266.jpg

View from bedroom into living room. Note the location of the outside door.
October2006269.jpg

We were on the first floor of Jazz 2. We were the second to last room towards the parking lot. THe last room was not a family suite. I think there was 3 family suites in a row. My FIL was 3 rooms closer to the pool from us in a regular room.

Before Disney built the Family Suites they built 4 models so they could deside witch floor plan to go with.
I think you must have stayed in the 4 original models Disney built.

Here are some hotos from allearsnet.com of one of models they saw before the Family Suites opened.

http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_asuites.htm

Model Suites

tn_asmodel12.jpg

tn_asmodel14.jpg

tn_asmodel15.jpg

Hope you had a nice time at Disney!

If I understand correctly, you just can't get the Free Dining Plan, which was offered in the late summer/early fall, with the suites. Free Dining was considered a discount, which they do not need to offer discounts with the suites, since they are so popular.

So if you have the paid-for dining plan, I'd imagine that would be fine.

Thank you for clarifying that. We bought the plan through a travel agent here in Israel, and it would be a rude awakening to find out we'd paid for something we can't really have! :confused3

Hi Jody,

We will be in the suites next week too. We arrive the 13th and leave on the 17th and have the dining plan as well.

Beth

Beth! Will you be doing the Lime Green thing? If so maybe we'll be able to say hello! I usually have a lime green ribbon on my purse strap, and I'm going to try to force SO to put one on his camera strap... :disrocks:

And did you request any particular building or location? I was going to do that tomorrow (Calypso ground floor) but I keep second guessing whether that is even the best and whether it matters... Just another thing to obsess about in my planning! :)

jodyb said:
Beth! Will you be doing the Lime Green thing? If so maybe we'll be able to say hello! I usually have a lime green ribbon on my purse strap, and I'm going to try to force SO to put one on his camera strap... :disrocks:

And did you request any particular building or location? I was going to do that tomorrow (Calypso ground floor) but I keep second guessing whether that is even the best and whether it matters... Just another thing to obsess about in my planning! :)

We stayed there in October and I would recommend the second floor. There is less foot traffic in front of your door on the second floor than the first floor. Just something else to obsess over. ;)

aaah...that does make sense! thanks! I was thinking that not getting a pool facing room would help with that as well. Well, today's the day I call ASMu with my requests... so right now that's Second Floor Calypso parking-lot facing... anybody else have a comment that might help (a little more obsessing never hurt!)

Not to confuse you more :confused3: but we faced the pool and it was a non issue. There is vegetation between the rooms and the pool. We never heard any pool noise inside the room. Hope I haven't made things worse. :confused3 Enjoy your trip! :banana: We were in Building 10, if that helps.

:rotfl: At myself! Thank you so much for your comments - I've decided to let the room location go as an issue altogether and concentrate my obsession on other things (there are plenty believe me!). I am just going to trust that there really is no bad location for our suite to be in and just take whatever the ASMu hands us. There! Sigh of relief... now off to obsess about ADR's... :)

aldisneygrl said:
Not to confuse you more :confused3: but we faced the pool and it was a non issue. There is vegetation between the rooms and the pool. We never heard any pool noise inside the room. Hope I haven't made things worse. :confused3 Enjoy your trip! :banana: We were in Building 10, if that helps.

Here the view of Calypso #10 building just outside the rooms facing the pool.

Please excuse the quality of the photos I was finishing up the photos left on an old disposable camera.

9-24-2006-12.jpg

9-24-2006-11.jpg

Have fun at Disney!

jodyb said:

Hi Jody,
If its not to late, have a safe trip!!! How did the room location request go? Since we have more then one room I decided not to sweat that part of the trip and just roll with the punches.

I have been warned that this is a RELAXING trip and I am not allowed to obsess or over plan or do any schedules.....I was however allowed to make advance dining plans....lol I guess they have their priorities. But they just don't get my obsessive DIS planning....MEN.

I plan on sneaking a few green tags onto my purse, and have considered bringing my DIS magnet from our cruise. If it won't work on the door, I can put it in my window at worst.

I can not wait to stay here. We stayed at the Pop in Aug 06. The resort was nice, but the room was a bit too small for us. We are planning another trip in September or December (still deciding). This suite will make our stay much more pleasurable. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter