Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend September 4-6, 2015 10th Anniversary

Hi - first time posting here. My husband and I have been planning on taking our soon to be 5 year old to Disneyland for the half marathon weekend. It's his 5 year birthday/about to start Kindergarten celebration and DH is running the half and we've been telling our son that there's a kids race and he will get a medal and really talking it up. DH got online this morning to register, only to find out that our son's age group was all sold out. Is there ANYTHING we can do to try to get registered?? Do people drop out? If so, how can we find out about that and hopefully take their place? DH is signed up for the half, but part of the excitement of the trip was for our son to be able to do a race like daddy. Any advice on what we can do now would be sincerely appreciated.

Hi - first time posting here. My husband and I have been planning on taking our soon to be 5 year old to Disneyland for the half marathon weekend. It's his 5 year birthday/about to start Kindergarten celebration and DH is running the half and we've been telling our son that there's a kids race and he will get a medal and really talking it up. DH got online this morning to register, only to find out that our son's age group was all sold out. Is there ANYTHING we can do to try to get registered?? Do people drop out? If so, how can we find out about that and hopefully take their place? DH is signed up for the half, but part of the excitement of the trip was for our son to be able to do a race like daddy. Any advice on what we can do now would be sincerely appreciated.

You could quickly try going through a travel agent who still has bibs. Look on the rundisney website for a list of travel providers. Or go through one of the charities listed on the website. Those are really your only two options though. They don't release more bibs later on.

I was able to get DW and I registered for everything. However, Active is frustrating me. My wife and I both have Active accounts and for some reason it has me listed as a F on my race confirmation pages. I called runDisney and they said they fixed it but it's still showing that way in Active. It also won't let me access the confirmation page for DW DDD or my 10K. Not to mention the fact that the only things showing up as upcoming events for either of us are the pins that were attached to DW DDD and those are somehow showing on my Active account.
My active is all screwed up too. I wouldn't worry about it, aside from the F which you fixed, unless you don't get an email receipt. I've never been able to view my upcoming events or my receipt through active, I just hold onto the email receipt just in case.

Just was looking on the DL race site... if you go on the site and the registration tab, under the place where the links were this morning for everything, there is a link that says Verify My registration. If you put you info in, maybe it will come up there since it's on the rD site and not Active?

Last edited:
Like Kirstie mentioned, travel agents might have some. Also check Get Travel, not sure if they do kids as well but it doesn't hurt. Also check w/ Jim and Pat Stone. They do the Disney races as well, like Get Travel. I'm not sure their website but if you google their name it should come up. I know lots of people who've used them and have never had any problems. Good Luck!!

Wow I was expecting a lot more action here this morning! Where is everyone? Did you all get in to the races you wanted? Congrats to those who did!

My active is all screwed up too. I wouldn't worry about it, aside from the F which you fixed, unless you don't get an email receipt. I've never been able to view my upcoming events or my receipt through active, I just hold onto the email receipt just in case.

Just was looking on the DL race site... if you go on the site and the registration tab, under the place where the links were this morning for everything, there is a link that says Verify My registration. If you put you info in, maybe it will come up there since it's on the rD site and not Active?

Thanks Kim. That's what I was thinking. The information is correct when I verify my registration so I think we are all good.

Wow I was expecting a lot more action here this morning! Where is everyone? Did you all get in to the races you wanted? Congrats to those who did!

We're all in! The husband and my good friend M are all registered for the Half, thanks to being online this morning when the site went up about five minutes early!

M was a little disappointed that the 5K was on Friday morning and that the Kids races were short distances - her daughter is 7 and is in running club at school, but she didn't want to have her miss a day of school to fly out for the 5K. Oh well

I'm SUPER excited about the Anniversary Party - it's going to be a blast! I was worried it would be on Friday and would interfere with the baseball games I'm planning to go to, but Thursday will be perfect!

Hopefully everyone got into the races they wanted! Now, to keep working towards a good PoT and my goal Corral!

Congrats to all who are registered. My husband and I signed up for the 5K as well as the DDD. Really excited about the Anniversary party :)

A bunch of us got in a mix of the 5k, 10k and double dare. Pretty stressful trying to register. Enough to where we might not want to enter next time. :faint:

Don't worry about the membership, it's really easy to cancel. All you have to do is email them. Were the races you got in all the races?

The changed up proof of time this year and you don't add it during registration. They said they'll put up a link on the race site in March and you have until June 2 to update and change it. You'll just need your time and the link to the results page.

Congrats to everyone who got in today, so excited for this year's race!!

I did email them. Next time, I'll just use a guest registration as having an account didn't save me much time.

As for the races, I chose the DD. My wife is doing the 5K. My daughter (8) will be doing the 5K. My daughter (8) and my youngest daughter (5) were signed up for the appropriate kid's races. I did not sign up for the 5K as somebody has to watch my daughter while my wife and oldest run. I also did not choose any of the race parties. I don't think my kids would really like to do that, especially if it comes between doing the pasta party and getting a corn dog. And frankly, I'd prefer a corn dog too.

I probably will not have a chance to run in a race to get a proof of time before June 1st. I'll have to run in the last corral and run around everybody. This will result in a much slower time but I should still be able to do 2 hours.

I mentioned it over on the W.I.S.H. thread, but I'll mention it here too - if anyone is up for a post-race celebration, first round will be on me at Sonoma Terrace at DCA! :D

I am in for the Dumbo Double Dare, 5K, and this is my Coast to Coast race. Super excited!

I just signed up for the half. My first marathon. Nervous but excited! I'm also doing the anniversary party! yay!

As I mentioned on the W.I.S.H. thread, I signed up for my first race ever - the 10k! So very excited.

I used to be an Annual Passholder, but my last visit to to DL and DCA was in late 2010 despite being a local (ran out of friends/family who were willing to go with me all of the time :blush:). I've been considering getting the AP again, and I'm wondering if I can buy the runDisney discounted tickets and then upgrade to AP over the race weekend. Does anybody have any insight whether Disney allows that? (I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm a total newbie when it comes to runDisney rules, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

As I mentioned on the W.I.S.H. thread, I signed up for my first race ever - the 10k! So very excited.

I used to be an Annual Passholder, but my last visit to to DL and DCA was in late 2010 despite being a local (ran out of friends/family who were willing to go with me all of the time :blush:). I've been considering getting the AP again, and I'm wondering if I can buy the runDisney discounted tickets and then upgrade to AP over the race weekend. Does anybody have any insight whether Disney allows that? (I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm a total newbie when it comes to runDisney rules, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, you can't. Tried it once at Tink and they said that the tix are considered convention or special event tix so your stuck w/ what the tix is. And if you buy the race tix, you can't even upgrade them to more days through DL. Although, you might be able to change your order w/ Get Travel, but I've never tried that so not sure if you can w/ them.

Unfortunately, you can't. Tried it once at Tink and they said that the tix are considered convention or special event tix so your stuck w/ what the tix is. And if you buy the race tix, you can't even upgrade them to more days through DL. Although, you might be able to change your order w/ Get Travel, but I've never tried that so not sure if you can w/ them.

Thank you very much for the helpful information! Can you tell me how to even buy the discounted tickets - call the DL Sports Travel Team on the rD website or ..? Thanks again.

Thank you very much for the helpful information! Can you tell me how to even buy the discounted tickets - call the DL Sports Travel Team on the rD website or ..? Thanks again.
If you go to getttavel.com there should be a tab for the rD or DL 1/2 and click on park tix. Then you just pick which ticket you want, pay and you're good to go. You pick up the tix at the expo in the same area where you pick up your bib.

If you go to getttavel.com there should be a tab for the rD or DL 1/2 and click on park tix. Then you just pick which ticket you want, pay and you're good to go. You pick up the tix at the expo in the same area where you pick up your bib.

Has anyone ever dealt with Get Travel for park tickets or hotel reservations? Wondering how reliable they are? A $65 discount for a 3 day park hopper seems fishy to me so just wanted to be aware of anyone's issues in the past. Thanks!

Has anyone ever dealt with Get Travel for park tickets or hotel reservations? Wondering how reliable they are? A $65 discount for a 3 day park hopper seems fishy to me so just wanted to be aware of anyone's issues in the past. Thanks!

I haven't dealt with them personally yet, but they are absolutely legit. They are able to offer such great prices because they can access the heavily discounted convention rates for runners. I will be recommending them for my parents when it comes time to buy theirs.

I believe you have to pick your tickets up at the expo, or pay an extra fee to have them sent out prior. We arrive at DLR on the Wednesday prior to the run, and I'm not sure whether posting is an option for international customers, so unfortunately it's not really suitable for me. Plus, we're there for a week and as an Australian resident I can get access to a 10 day pass which will cover our whole stay. But my parents are coming later, so it will be great for them!

I used them for all my DL races except this year and a few years back when I had an AP. They're really easy, just order them online and then pick them up at the expo. You either get them when you pick up your bibs or if you're there the day before the expo opens, they usually have a spot by ESPN to pick them up. You can also have the mailed.

Haven't used them for hotels though. I've found rooms cheaper on my own outside of the 3 resort hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter