• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend September 4-6, 2015 10th Anniversary

We aren't arriving until Friday afternoon so we probably won't have much (if any) park time after picking up our packets. Good luck and safe travels, all!

I'll be heading on over to the Expo tomorrow probably late morning/early afternoon!

Its Thorsday!!! 1st day of the expo! Woot woot! We are getting ready... Drinking coffee from our Disneyland mugs. Having a vanilla peach protein shake.
So exciting! We will be heading down to the parks for lunch today. After lunch, the expo! Gimme my bib!! Lol! I hope all my fellow Disney runners are as excited as we are!

Vicki & Jess ~ are you guys here? I'm at the back f the line and have my ears on if you see me. :goodvibes

I was there! I didn't even think to load the DIS on my phone. Blonde moment!!I was the 6th person or so in line so I was definitely there. Bummed I miss you by THAT much!

:wave2:
Vicki & Jess ~ are you guys here? I'm at the back f the line and have my ears on if you see me. :goodvibes

I was in the middle but the line moved pretty fast.
But I think I saw you at the Park Place Inn. We walked right past you.....but I'm going on 3 hrs sleep so it was slow to register in my head. It was one of those "I think I know her" after we passed you. :wave2::wave2:

Hope all of our 5K and 10K runners have had fun so far. Can't believe tomorrow is the half! It's finally here, it's finally here.

My daughter and I had great time volunteering this weekend, we did medals for the 5k and then shift at the expo. One of the coolestarts was watching a 9yr old girl come across the finish line as the first female. Can't wait to run the Tink in May

My daughter and I had great time volunteering this weekend, we did medals for the 5k and then shift at the expo. One of the coolestarts was watching a 9yr old girl come across the finish line as the first female. Can't wait to run the Tink in May

I think the volunteers were great! Kudos to you all for your time, especially those working at o' dark thirty on race mornings. And for the CMS! I loved the custodians cheering us on at the hub. And the ladies at World of Disney! I don't know if it was the same ones that had to be there for the midnight release of the Star Wars toys, but that was a long day if they stayed for the 5k! I hope all the CMs and volunteers know how much I appreciated them all.

Congratulations to everyone that ran this weekend! I hope it was a great time for all of you :)

Ihave to say this was an interesting experience for me, from registering late, to the problems with my registration, working the entire weekend, etc. Then my experience with the corrals on Sunday morning was more hectic than I've ever seen it before (was anyone else with me at the front of Corral D?), had IT band problems with my knee around mile 4, and then still had to work a full day just hours after crossing the finish line.

But I'm so glad I got to meet a few more DIS runners this year, and even more fun to chat about runDisney with just about anyone I saw while I was working all weekend long. I absolutely love race weekend!

Is anyone planning to be back next year?

ME! I'm definitely doing Dumbo + 5k next year! I think my friend M is also in for Dumbo, and my silly husband may be in as well - he didn't realize that Disney owns rights to the Avengers and has been thinking up a Deadpool costume already.

In fact ... we may be back for Avengers weekend. :-/

Congratulations to everyone that ran this weekend! I hope it was a great time for all of you :)

Ihave to say this was an interesting experience for me, from registering late, to the problems with my registration, working the entire weekend, etc. Then my experience with the corrals on Sunday morning was more hectic than I've ever seen it before (was anyone else with me at the front of Corral D?), had IT band problems with my knee around mile 4, and then still had to work a full day just hours after crossing the finish line.

But I'm so glad I got to meet a few more DIS runners this year, and even more fun to chat about runDisney with just about anyone I saw while I was working all weekend long. I absolutely love race weekend!

Corral D = pure craziness! We were waiting to move forward and watched as three ladies contemplated jumping the corral from the side. Once they did it, all bets were off for other people jumping in. Note to runners: If you are going to jump a corral, best not to do it in your charity garb... Security moved in pretty quickly, but the damage was already done.

Loved volunteering. Met tons of nice people from all over the world.

Best thing about the weekend was running the half with my daughter. Not sure if she will run another one, but I'm all set.

I hate that it goes by so quickly.

We survived! I was pretty miserable for parts of the 10K (had to walk more than I wanted) but we didn't get swept and came in slightly under a 16 minute mile, so no complaints. My 11 year old THINKS he wants to do a 10K with me next time (he did the Star Wars 5K with me last January). We shall see!

I know EXACTLY which charity you're talking about!!

D was an absolute disaster. That said, I got to the corral around 5 and still was in the first 1/3 of the corral ... surrounded by people wearing F and G bibs. I guess security just didn't do a really thorough job vetting bibs heading in to that area.

Husband didn't notice anything in B (but he's one of those cute, clueless guys that just hangs around until he's told it's time to go), and M said C was a good corral that all moved at the same pace.

That said - it didn't really bother me until mile 3 or so in the parks when the course got REALLY tight and the fast people from the back (who maybe didn't submit a PoT? IDK), started basically shoving and "swimming" through an already packed course. Look, I get it. We're not going your speed. But, you're also not going to win the race, so ... maybe just chill until we hit the streets and the course opens up?

I know EXACTLY which charity you're talking about!!

D was an absolute disaster. That said, I got to the corral around 5 and still was in the first 1/3 of the corral ... surrounded by people wearing F and G bibs. I guess security just didn't do a really thorough job vetting bibs heading in to that area.

Husband didn't notice anything in B (but he's one of those cute, clueless guys that just hangs around until he's told it's time to go), and M said C was a good corral that all moved at the same pace.

That said - it didn't really bother me until mile 3 or so in the parks when the course got REALLY tight and the fast people from the back (who maybe didn't submit a PoT? IDK), started basically shoving and "swimming" through an already packed course. Look, I get it. We're not going your speed. But, you're also not going to win the race, so ... maybe just chill until we hit the streets and the course opens up?

You must have been near me! We had been standing there for quite some time stretching, so we watched the drama unfold. We started to move up near the stage and I heard the security guard tell another one that people had started jumping the fencing and they were heading back towards the mess.

I totally agree about the speedy runners. I certainly understand wanting a fast time, but this requires a better strategy than knocking over/darting in front of other runners. One of my friends was injured in the 5k because she was pushed from behind. Luckily, she recouped for the 10k.

Great to see you a couple of times - glad we ran into you at Off the Page yesterday too :goodvibes

We were right at the front of D as well - we got there not long after 4:30am and were just a couple of rows back. We saw all the people lining up to get into the corrals, but didn't see anyone jumping in or anything, and didn't realise the full extent of how crazy things were until I saw it online afterwards!

Great to see you a couple of times - glad we ran into you at Off the Page yesterday too :goodvibes

We were right at the front of D as well - we got there not long after 4:30am and were just a couple of rows back. We saw all the people lining up to get into the corrals, but didn't see anyone jumping in or anything, and didn't realise the full extent of how crazy things were until I saw it online afterwards!

I'm glad I looked up when I did yesterday! I was so exhausted yesterday I easily could have missed you guys. Thanks for chatting with me for a bit while Elena was wrapping your items (she really has to show me how to do that some day, lol). I know sometimes I get a little sporadic in my posting, but it was so great to finally meet you after all this time! I really hope the next part of your guys' trip is fun!

As for Corral D, I don't doubt there were people jumping the fence. People were trying right at the rope when they replaced the fence with it, but there was no way in heck any of us who got there at 4am (or earlier in my case) were going to let anyone in. No way, no how. But boy, did they try. I don't think there was enough space in the Corral to begin with, but I really wish people got into their corral earlier. I was actually surprised at how slowly the corral was filling this year. At least it felt that way to me.

I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, yo every volunteer, cheerleader, water, powerade, medical, cliff gel, cheersquad, band member, classic car club member, family on the sideline, ice wrapper , photographer, cast and crew member, Anaheim PD, and the lady who looked like Jasmine in disguise, who gave me 2 bananaspost race, for showing up early, cheeringu s on, yelling encouraging words, and massive amounts of high fives. You all made the hard parts easier. Thank you!!!!!

I was in B near the front and saw some D corral bibs. A corral was spilling out of it's entrance since I could see their gate the whole time waiting. The crazy thing I saw was in B a guy started falling over, guess he started to faint, everyone jumped into to help & I read later on facebook he did run & finish. I did have a rude women tell me to 'watch out' and half pushed me on the Santa Anna Trail, not sure what her deal was as I wasn't doing anything but running, so I powered as fast I could up the hill and left her in the dust, ha. I just don't get the rude people who think they are the only ones out there. A little bit of jostling at the start of B but not bad in the half.

I got a Coast to Coast shirt but they were out of L & XL so my brother couldn't get one. Lots of stuff gone by Friday afternoon sadly.

Overall though loved everything, volunteers were great and on course entertainment rocked! Happy with my times too even with photo stops and all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter