Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend September 4-6, 2015 10th Anniversary

Yay! Fingers crossed for not too too bad crowds for you. And I say yes to the extra day too, so many people!! ;) The fireworks and WOC are the main reason I'm trying to go back in Aug too! :rotfl2: I saw the parade and fireworks from IASW, but wanted to watch from Main Street to see from images from that angle too. I missed WOC last month, b/c I couldn't leave Fri and Sun was too crazy to get all the way over to DCA in time. My hope is Sat, when all APs but premium are blocked and less people, and watch from Town Square/Main St and then hopefully have enough time to pop over to DCA for the 10:15 WOC.

You should totally get a puppy! Depending on what kind you get, you'll have a training partner to run w/. :goodvibes

We're usually at the park for July 4th...going to miss that this year. Love spending a patriotic 4th at DL. Hopefully we will not be socked in with fog, so we can at least see some fireworks on the Bay.

No puppy now...we have a very OLD cat and we just could not do that to her. But I do like the idea of a 4 legged running partner.

We're usually at the park for July 4th...going to miss that this year. Love spending a patriotic 4th at DL. Hopefully we will not be socked in with fog, so we can at least see some fireworks on the Bay.

No puppy now...we have a very OLD cat and we just could not do that to her. But I do like the idea of a 4 legged running partner.
If you're up for a drive, you could come to my house for fireworks. The park at the end of my block puts on a huge fireworks show that night, perfect view from my roof. Great America stopped their day of show b/c the city one is so big.

I can just imagine a puppy w/ an old kitty, that would not be good. :)

If you're up for a drive, you could come to my house for fireworks. The park at the end of my block puts on a huge fireworks show that night, perfect view from my roof. Great America stopped their day of show b/c the city one is so big.

I can just imagine a puppy w/ an old kitty, that would not be good. :)

Thanks for the invite... but one block from us is a hill "over look" that you can see SF, the peninsula and South Bay. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Thanks for posting this Kim.
I love the diamond shape of the 1/2 medal. :love::love::love:

Training....I could do better. It's difficult to stay motivated in the summer.

I'm hopeful to get back to training in the next 10 days or so as my knees heal up - fingers crossed.

BUT! I did finish making all of my ADRs today, and ...

*drumroll*

I'm visiting the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose this trip!!!!!!! :jumping1:

I am SO excited about this.

Anyone else have any fun dining plans??

I'm hopeful to get back to training in the next 10 days or so as my knees heal up - fingers crossed.

*drumroll*

I am debating booking Chef's Counter at Napa Rose too! Its my boyfriends and my 4 year anniversary on the Monday before the race and he loves cooking and cool restaurant experiences so I thought it would be a great way to celebrate our anniversary. Still trying to work it out though.

We did book Big Thunder Ranch BBQ for Sunday dinner.

My training is going slow... I need to get back into it. I've never been good about training for races. :(

Training....I could do better. It's difficult to stay motivated in the summer.

Are you guys at least getting the weird clouds in the East Bay this week? Hope training starts to go well for you. How's the ankle/knee doing?

Have fun next weekend!!!!!!! I saw the blog about the stuff they're releasing for the weekend and I was in the clear until I saw the AP shirt, that comes w/ a backpack! :faint: I have so many shirts, but thought that one would be cool b/c it has the anniversary on it w/ Annual Passholder across the top.

*drumroll*

Sorry about the knee! :( Hope it heals up fast.

Yay for Napa, that's awesome! I'm meeting some friends at Storytellers. I think I went once when GC 1st opened, but don't remember it. I did score a ressie at Carthay for next month when I go. They have parmigiano reggiano gnocchi w/ San Marzano tomato basil sauce. :love: Don't know if it's worth the money, but sounded waaayy to good to not try.

I wd live to join-I'm doing DDD and my first time to disneyland and even California!!!

You are going to have so much fun!! And w/ all the extra stuff for the 60th in the parks. The races are fun too. :rotfl:Running through Anaheim Stadium is a blast.

Taking off this week. Achillies tendonitis. :sad1:

Is the 5k medal made of rubber?

Sorry about the tendonitis. Hope it gets better soon for you! Yes, the 5k medal is out of rubber. It's thicker, but you can still bend it if you tried. Still just as nice though! ;)

Where is everyone staying?!

I'm at BW Park Place this time.

Are you guys at least getting the weird clouds in the East Bay this week? Hope training starts to go well for you. How's the ankle/knee doing?

Have fun next weekend!!!!!!! I saw the blog about the stuff they're releasing for the weekend and I was in the clear until I saw the AP shirt, that comes w/ a backpack! :faint: I have so many shirts, but thought that one would be cool b/c it has the anniversary on it w/ Annual Passholder across the top.

I'm at BW Park Place this time.

Kim---I sent you a PM
Yes !!! Strange clouds and even rain last night. The fog layers has been so thick it's misty and damp. Even with that....not motivated to run. :sad2: Heal, knee everything is doing well...probably since I'm not running much.

I can't wait either and the trip count down has begun. Need to pack and start getting things ready. Hopefully, we will be able to see parade and fireworks on Thurs when we get in. Just in case Friday is too crazy.

Staying at BW PPI for the race.

So, registered for the 5K today through a TA! I'm pretty excited ... my husband saw right through me and new I was just going to do it because I want the medal, but that's fine. He's only half-right - I want to wear another costume, too!!

What's everyone thinking for costumes (if you're going with one)?

Me -
5K: "World of Color" - black running top with Mickey Wheel of Doom image, rainbow sparkle skirt
Half: Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer - white running top that says Keels on the front, Mickey Mouse Club logo on the sleeve, running hat with ears and "M" logo, royal blue sequin skirt

So, registered for the 5K today through a TA! I'm pretty excited ... my husband saw right through me and new I was just going to do it because I want the medal, but that's fine. He's only half-right - I want to wear another costume, too!!

What's everyone thinking for costumes (if you're going with one)?

Me -
5K: "World of Color" - black running top with Mickey Wheel of Doom image, rainbow sparkle skirt
Half: Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer - white running top that says Keels on the front, Mickey Mouse Club logo on the sleeve, running hat with ears and "M" logo, royal blue sequin skirt
Yay for the 5k! I love the sequin material you got for the WOC skirt!

I'm starting to work on stuff this weekend. For the 5k, I'm theming it out for DL and the 60th ~ silver sparkle skirt, ears that I made for the 24 hour weekend and for the shirt I'm sparkling out and working on old ride posters on it. For the 10k, I have my LSU shirt; I have purple capris and a yellow and purple tutu, but that depends on how much room I have in my suitcase. :rotfl: I'm going to make a Mickey ear headband to go w/ it too. W/ the 1/2, I'm going as the Matterhorn.

How's everybody's training going? Got a long run in this morning and had a negative split time so really excited about that. Less than 2 months!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter