• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gingerbread men with chocolate ears are usually quite tasty!

Can someone ask for the recipe and post it on this site? We had a trip planned for the end of december but had to cancel.

Let's be honest, the only reason I'm going to DL at Christmas is for the food! Haha! I'm most looking forward to the Yule log, can anyone confirm that it's still there this year?

:rotfl: Someone close to my heart. I love the decorations also but the special food is definately something I look forward to.

We leave a week from tomorrow!! I'm so excited! I'm also so nervous since I feel so unprepared vs how I normally feel for a trip (I've decided not to plan like crazy each day, other than my ADRs, and this is the only thread I'm reading. :))

Has there been any Santa Mickey sightings this year? I know Santa Goofy (that he switched out with) is now at the Jamboree thing, and after they added Mickey to BVS, they switched him out of his old spot (where I guess he met as Santa Mickey?) for Donald. So I'm worried he's not out this year? :(

FINALLY, everything that needs to be scheduled, is scheduled :cool1:

Now a couple of questions...

1) Earlier in the thread I read and saw the pictures about the Christmas Eve Goodnight with the characters. This appears to happen around 9:30pm, but the park is open until midnight. There was also a reference to the "first" good night being at 9:30 --- but there was no mention if/when a second one is. Is there a second good night and, if so, when?? Will is be mentioned on the daily schedule at the park? It is not on the events schedule online...

2) If there is not a second good night, how long does dinner at Blue Bayou take? We have an 8pm reservation, could we make the 9:30 good night? I'm guessing not as I think Christmas Eve dinners will take a long time...

3) On the schedule is "Wintertime Enchantment Holiday Lighting" at the Sleeping Beauty Castle with 4 times (5pm, 5:15pm. 7:30pm and 8:30pm)... So is this the lighting event that has been talked about with the snow, etc? How does this work, do they turn them on for a while and then shut them off before the next "lighting" ?? Seems weird to have a 2 different lighting events 15 minutes apart.

4) Same as above for the Mad T Party... Happening at 6pm. 6:05pm, 7, 8 and 9pm... With the party 5 minutes apart at 6pm, what do they do??

Thanks!!

J.

Hi there, its been so long since I have been on the boards. I was just curious, I am sure I won't be able to have Disneyland merchandise help me. I have a friend who would love one of the cozy cone cups, but would like two of them, the winter ones are fine. Could I find anyone who would be willing to pick me two up and ship them to me. I will pay you through paypal, or however is quickist for you, it would be a huge help. Thank You.:goodvibes

I figure it will be fairly obvious when we get there... but where are the main snow makers?? I want to station near one for the castle lighting... but if main street/the hub is nuts, is there one over by small world??

While I don't know where the snowmakers are a cast member told me over the phone that when you get the map to the park there are snowflakes on the map that indicate the range that the snowflakes will fall in. :santa:

J.

JediMasterNerd said:
While I don't know where the snowmakers are a cast member told me over the phone that when you get the map to the park there are snowflakes on the map that indicate the range that the snowflakes will fall in. :santa:

J.

Thanks! Since we've been a few times now, I don't know that I would have even looked at a map!!

Christmas is a season of miracles. I am praying for a miracle for you both--at least for a job... :grouphug:

Thank you! Still praying for a job for DH and still hopeful we can pull off our trip. One month and one day until our "drive down" day. Oh please, oh please...

Does anyone know if I will be able to find gingerbread mickeys on jan 6th? Please say yes.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

9 days until we fly out to Anaheim for the weekend....DisBaby has a case of the sniffles so I'm hoping it get's better...I need a little escape. The pictures and tr's have been fantastic and have me so excited. We'll be there Dec 7-9 with grandma and grandpa if anyone wants to meet for gingerbread cookies.

We'll be there TOMORROW! I can't even believe it. So excited to see Disneyland for the first time ever... and I will most definitely be writing a TR when I'm back! :yay:

Does anyone know if I will be able to find gingerbread mickeys on jan 6th? Please say yes.

I can't say yes for certain, but I have heard the gingerbread Mickeys were around all year now. They certainly had them November 2, even though it wasn't officially Christmastime yet.

Also, the last day for Holiday Time is January 6 (they're even celebrating Three Kings Day!). So, there is absolutely no reason there should not be gingerbread Mickeys. I found them in Pooh Corner in November 2011 and the bakery in Buena Vista Street in November 2012, no problem.

Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for the reply! I am hopeful I can find the gingerbread. Just wasn't sure if holiday offerings get pared down by the last official day of the season. I can't imagine them being there year round. Maybe they just start making them after Halloween ends? Guess I will find out soon!

You don't even have to go into the parks to get the cookies. They are sold at all of the places that sell candy - which includes Marceline's Confectionery in Downtown Disney. They are also sold at the Market House on Main Street. So if you don't see them in one spot, look for them in the other places. Sometimes the cookies are wrapped in plastic; sometimes they are not.

As I mentioned in this thread a page or two back, I got the cookies with festive red chocolate-dipped ears in December 2011 at the Market House. This year - at least on opening day of the holiday season - I could only find the regular chocolate-dipped ears in any shop I checked. I'm not sure if the red ones have begun to appear or if all the cookies are just the basic chocolate variety this year.

The gingerbread Mickey cookies being sold at the bake shops seems to be a hit or miss kind of thing - sometimes they are sold there, and sometimes it's just the regular gingerbread cookies (without Mickey ears) that are sold in the bake shops.

During Halloween Time 2011 I was told by a Cast Member that the gingerbread cookies were going to start being sold year-round in more shops. I guess they had already been sold most of the year in one or two shops, but she said that they were going to become more widely available around the parks, all year long. So I am assuming that still holds true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter