Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any dining packages for Christmas eve that we should know about?

I'm so accustomed to WDW at the holidays and I have zero experience with DLR around the same time. I feel a bit like a fish out of water. ;)

Do they still do the characters in pajamas? It looks like they have a full night on Christmas Eve now, whereas the post with the pictures was from an early closure night.

Finally, what do we need to know about Fantasmic and CP out there? No reserved seating, right? Just walk up?

Does anyone know where I can find 2012 Christmas day menus, that is if they're out yet? Or any word on what Carthay Circle might be offering?

TotalDreamer said:
Does anyone know where I can find 2012 Christmas day menus, that is if they're out yet? Or any word on what Carthay Circle might be offering?

The carthay circle menu is postes in this thread about 30 days ago. I quoted it, so check my posts to find it or scroll through the pages.

StyledSugar said:
Has anyone seen this yet? Any reviews? Thanks for the link!

I saw it last week. It was ok. Not sure why it's called 4D as it was barely 3D!

Wow, feeling lucky today! Called to book the Holiday tour for Christmas Eve --- apparently everyone else was too! wanted the evening parade, so the 3:15 tour, called at 7:50am, 7:55am, 7:58am, 8:00am, 8:01am and somewhere around that time they opened for business... I guess I called the main vacation planning line and wanted to make sure I had the right # so I looked online and saw a tour specific # so I hung up and called again --- about 8:05am. Was on hold for a good 20 mins or so.

Talked to a great cast member... When I said I wanted the afternoon tour for 7 people she looked and immediately came back with OMG, that's filling up fast we need to rush through your order... So we rushed through all the entries and in the end got my 7 spots and afterwards she said there were only 2 more spots left :yay:

Now on Monday I need to call for Desset Dining and then I think our fixed schedule items will all be in place!

J.

Wow, feeling lucky today! Called to book the Holiday tour for Christmas Eve --- apparently everyone else was too! wanted the evening parade, so the 3:15 tour, called at 7:50am, 7:55am, 7:58am, 8:00am, 8:01am and somewhere around that time they opened for business... I guess I called the main vacation planning line and wanted to make sure I had the right # so I looked online and saw a tour specific # so I hung up and called again --- about 8:05am. Was on hold for a good 20 mins or so.

Talked to a great cast member... When I said I wanted the afternoon tour for 7 people she looked and immediately came back with OMG, that's filling up fast we need to rush through your order... So we rushed through all the entries and in the end got my 7 spots and afterwards she said there were only 2 more spots left :yay:

J.
YAY! Congrats! We had an interesting experience booking the holiday tour as well (for earlier in the month). I called right at 8 and was on hold for a LONG time. When the CM answered, she said they weren't accepting reservations until 9. Instead of making me call back, though, she took my number and promised to call me the minute they came online. She said they were booking this tour fast every day and didn't want me to be too late. Ten minutes later she called and said the system came online early. We were the first to book. Gotta love Disney custmer service! :thumbsup2

Now on Monday I need to call for Desset Dining and then I think our fixed schedule items will all be in place!

J.

YAY! Congrats! We had an interesting experience booking the holiday tour as well (for earlier in the month). I called right at 8 and was on hold for a LONG time. When the CM answered, she said they weren't accepting reservations until 9. Instead of making me call back, though, she took my number and promised to call me the minute they came online. She said they were booking this tour fast every day and didn't want me to be too late. Ten minutes later she called and said the system came online early. We were the first to book. Gotta love Disney custmer service! :thumbsup2

That's great news, you two! :woohoo:

JediMasterNerd said:

J.

That tour was filling up because i had just booked our group of 9 a few minutes ahead of you. Looks like we are going to be tour buddies!

That tour was filling up because i had just booked our group of 9 a few minutes ahead of you. Looks like we are going to be tour buddies!

Nice :thumbsup2

The tour is in multiple groups, right? Anyone know the size of each individual group or is it one big group of 20 or 25?

Now I need to wake up at 7am (or a bit before) to make the dessert dining call --- and try to do it in secret so my son doesn't find out about it - and since he usually wakes up early that could be a problem!! Hopefully the cast member will understand my code words :rotfl:

J.

What special holiday food items are available in December? I seem to recall something about "gingerbread men with ears"? What else? And where can I get the gingerbread men? :)

Thanks!

What special holiday food items are available in December? I seem to recall something about "gingerbread men with ears"? What else? And where can I get the gingerbread men? :)

Thanks!

The gingerbread men with chocolate ears are usually quite tasty! Last year the Market House on Main Street was selling them with red chocolate ears. This year - at least from what I saw when I was there on 11/12/12 - only the regular milk chocolate-dipped ears are available.

There are also various shortbread cookies shaped like trees or snowmen.

You should be able to find all of the cookies in the Candy Palace, the Market House, Pooh Corner, Marceline's Confectionery in Downtown Disney, and basically anywhere that sells candy around the parks.

There are also special holiday cupcakes available, in the bake shops (like Jolly Holiday) or in the various candy shops - the cupcakes have red frosting and Santa Mickey ears or a Minnie bow & Santa hat. They are $4.99.

There are marshmallow "snowman wands," which are basically like Tigger Tails.

There are various holiday apples - some with Santa hats or made to look like snowmen.

I think that you can still get the gingerbread beignets at Cafe Orleans.

There should be some candy cane/peppermint fudge on sale at the Candy Palace.

Gibson Girl Ice Cream on Main Street sells Dreyer's peppermint stick ice cream.

Ghirardelli in California Adventure is giving away free samples of peppermint bark.

Candy cane cotton candy is sold at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree in Disneyland.

There are various holiday drinks such as peppermint mochas and things sold at the Jolly Holiday Bakery and in other spots.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's a few for now.

Let's be honest, the only reason I'm going to DL at Christmas is for the food! Haha! I'm most looking forward to the Yule log, can anyone confirm that it's still there this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter