• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Y.E.S. Program

we tried some classes a few years back, my kids weren't impressed.... what was advertised at their age level was described as 'lame'....:rotfl: anyway...I'd like to try the program again..... but how is the quality for high school level? I'd love it if we could find something suitable..... what are the high school level classes like? any experiences here? I'm not looking for harsh coursework or anything, just teaching on a level that teens are comfortable with....any experiences appreciated! I'm thinking either open enrollment,or homeschool targeted stuff.....

You could also attach yourself to the Carolina Homeschool Group. Their dates/prices/info is already up.

They are going the 3rd week of November.

Unfortunately, that is a week later than we can go, but might be useful to someone.

You do NOT have to live in SC to participate. There are people as far away as Canada who have gone with that group.

http://carolinahomeschooler.com

Can anyone remember when the fall Homeschool Days program was announced last year? The year before?

I'd like to start planning our fall trip. It would be great if we can hit Homeschool Days this year, but that's tough to do without knowing the dates lol. There's a Disney Dream cruise special that ends on the 15th. We were considering a four night cruise plus a few days at Disney but if we go that route I need to book it soon. ADR windows are opening for September also, so I'd really like to pin down my dates ASAP. :rolleyes1

You could also attach yourself to the Carolina Homeschool Group. Their dates/prices/info is already up.

They are going the 3rd week of November.

Unfortunately, that is a week later than we can go, but might be useful to someone.

You do NOT have to live in SC to participate. There are people as far away as Canada who have gone with that group.

http://carolinahomeschooler.com

Thanks for the information. I'll bookmark it for future reference. This year we can't go that late. We were hoping for September. I've already booked a cruise for 9/15 so maybe we'll be able to find something either right before or right after -- if not homeschool days then we'll consider another YES program if there's something we're interested in.

Has anyone received a message like this?? This was sent from conventionplus. I'm thinking its the company that processes the credit cards to pay for the YES programs. I had called yesterday and spoke with Tina and she told me to call another number... I left a voicemail. This morning this is the mysterious email I got. I'm NOT comfy calling a cell phone to give them my payment info. What's that all about?

Disney Request

Dear Cierese... if you could please call me on my cell phone. I believe you also left a voice message with a special need working with Amanda.
407-625-4944. Thank you, Dave

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Cierese said:
Has anyone received a message like this?? This was sent from conventionplus. I'm thinking its the company that processes the credit cards to pay for the YES programs. I had called yesterday and spoke with Tina and she told me to call another number... I left a voicemail. This morning this is the mysterious email I got. I'm NOT comfy calling a cell phone to give them my payment info. What's that all about?

Disney Request

Dear Cierese... if you could please call me on my cell phone. I believe you also left a voice message with a special need working with Amanda.

When you say you called yesterday, did you call Disney first? If so, they do not handle the YES program for individual enrollment directly. Convention Plus is the company that handles the program, and Dave is an employee of theirs. When I called Disney about the program I was also given their number and left a voicemail message. Dave called and I spoke with him - no email.

I would not be comfortable giving payment info to anyone on their cell, either. You never know what lies a person will make up for money, and Dave has been mentioned enough around here for someone to make up a story. Even though you did just call and everything is likely legit, I would call the main number again and let them know why. I don't understand why you got an email instead of a phone call.

When you say you called yesterday, did you call Disney first? If so, they do not handle the YES program for individual enrollment directly. Convention Plus is the company that handles the program, and Dave is an employee of theirs. When I called Disney about the program I was also given their number and left a voicemail message. Dave called and I spoke with him - no email.

I would not be comfortable giving payment info to anyone on their cell, either. You never know what lies a person will make up for money, and Dave has been mentioned enough around here for someone to make up a story. Even though you did just call and everything is likely legit, I would call the main number again and let them know why. I don't understand why you got an email instead of a phone call.

Yes, I called Disney first. In fact, I also sent an email to an addy I'd corresponded with in the past. The lady at Disney gave me the # (I'm guessing it was for Convention Plus), I left a message. I do remember it was a lady on the voicemail message. It's just funny that NO ONE except for Tina at Disney and the obvious voicemail I left knew I was even attempting to call. I'm going to call them again tomorrow morning as its too late today. I will not call a cell number, I just thought it was a strange email that I received this morning. Why on earth would someone even suggest I call a cell # and its weird that they'd do that kind of work outside of the office.....

Cierese said:
I will not call a cell number, I just thought it was a strange email that I received this morning. Why on earth would someone even suggest I call a cell # and its weird that they'd do that kind of work outside of the office.....

The only thing I can figure is that maybe he is working from home. I still think it's odd that he didn't just call you after you left the message. You did leave your phone number, right? Lol!

Yes, I did leave my number, but not my email address in the voicemail. The email I sent was to YES.... I will try to call again this week.

I was looking at the Individual YES Programs for a 14 & 16 year old. We're going in August and the choices are limited. It states that those 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Since they are older, I would not have to do the program with them, but must remain in the park while they are in the program. Must I purchase park tickets through YES for myself if I'm not doing the program? I have an AP and don't need a park ticket for myself. But when I try to purchase the program for the kids, it automatically adds the ticket for me. Any way around this or would I need to call?

Also, do the premium tickets work the same as regular Dis tickets, i.e. if I get a 4 day premium, I can use that for 4 days to enter the main parks and then still have options left for water park, DQ, golf, etc.? How many extra options are available on the premium tix?

Thanks!

You have to order the adult ticket.

Yes, if you buy a 4 day premium, you also have the four extras that can be used within the time frame on the ticket. Just bought ours.

Disney Request

I did a google search on that phone number and it does come up as a Disney YES phone number. the first link also shows an email address of info@studentguest.com so it LOOKS legit. But...if you're still nervous....call the first number you called yesterday and ask them if this is a legit number for the program.

I called the youth education dpt. inquiring about Homeschool Days. They said they aren't releasing the date for a month or two (from one CM) and from another...releasing it in May/June timeframe. They said it was most likely going to be the end of September. They didn't say which park.

Max number of ticket days listed is 5. Last time we bought 10 day park hoppers. Is there away to get more days?

This thread is so long. I read for ages, didn't see this addressed.

TIA,

KC

Max number of ticket days listed is 5. Last time we bought 10 day park hoppers. Is there away to get more days?

This thread is so long. I read for ages, didn't see this addressed.

TIA,

KC

I just bought 6 day tix. and it listed up to 8 days I could choose from :confused3
When I got to the part for selcting the tix. there was a drop-down box with the # of days.

I called the youth education dpt. inquiring about Homeschool Days. They said they aren't releasing the date for a month or two (from one CM) and from another...releasing it in May/June timeframe. They said it was most likely going to be the end of September. They didn't say which park.

Thanks for this information!

I believe that is not possible. The ticket purchase rules are pretty strict with the YES classes. You will have to purchase all your tickets at the time you sign up for the class and they will not be upgradeable or refundable. Although I have heard of people being allowed to make changes due to certain circumstances, I would not count on that at all. For me, the non-upgradeable part is the only downside to this program, because we can't change our mind and add days or park hoppers once we are there - but it seems like such a small thing compared to the amazing price savings, and the fun class the kids get to take.

The classes sound fun. I think DS might enjoy one next Summer, but I'm not seeing much savings on tickets, as compared to the Mousesavers Newsletter Undercover Tourist discount. In fact, once you add tax, I think the Undercover Tourist price is lower. Is there some detail I'm missing? :confused3

I totally hope the end of September is correct. However, when looking over the schedule of the individual classes listed, the first week of October is much more likely.

The first week of October only has two days of scheduled classes compared to every other week having three or four.

My question will be if we arrive on September 21st and the class isn't until October 2nd, would we be able to get tickets for the parks and use them from September 21st?

We leave on October 3rd

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter