Disney Y.E.S. Program

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but what if the chaperone that was scheduled to go cannot? For example if they (the adult) gets sick? If the child still can go (not sick) and there is another adult to attend with the child, can the chaperone be swapped?:confused3

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but what if the chaperone that was scheduled to go cannot? For example if they (the adult) gets sick? If the child still can go (not sick) and there is another adult to attend with the child, can the chaperone be swapped?:confused3
Yes, the chaperone can be awapped. we did that as my dh was sick so i went instead.;)

I totally hope the end of September is correct. However, when looking over the schedule of the individual classes listed, the first week of October is much more likely.

The first week of October only has two days of scheduled classes compared to every other week having three or four.

My question will be if we arrive on September 21st and the class isn't until October 2nd, would we be able to get tickets for the parks and use them from September 21st?

We leave on October 3rd
They let you select an arrival and departure date up to 14 days apart, so you should be fine! You can pick your tix. up at any GS including the ones at DTD amd DQ and near Ghiradellis. :thumbsup2

The classes sound fun. I think DS might enjoy one next Summer, but I'm not seeing much savings on tickets, as compared to the Mousesavers Newsletter Undercover Tourist discount. In fact, once you add tax, I think the Undercover Tourist price is lower. Is there some detail I'm missing? :confused3

That quote of mine was from awhile ago - back when the price savings was very significant. However, the made major changes to the pricing for this years YES classes, which makes the prices savings for some families very small. With the new pricing this year, this program wouldn't be nearly the deal that it was the past few years, which is a bummer because my kids really liked the classes and combining the tickets savings with staying offsite is what allowed us to afford to go 2 years in a row.

Yes, the chaperone can be awapped. we did that as my dh was sick so i went instead.;)

Thanks, loveysbydesign! Can I ask, when was this? How did it actually work, did you show up to the park that AM with DH's ticket? Did you tell Disney you were swapping chaperones or just get in with DH's ticket? From reading, it seemed that in the past there wasn't as much way to connect the ticket with the individual it belonged to (other than a signature). With the possible summer release of MyMagic+ bands, I'm concerned that if that ticket gets transfered to the band, there will be an id check or finger scan required. Am I overthinking this - or worrying about issues that Disney won't make a big deal about? The fact is that DS will attend the program and I will have paid for him and a chaparone's admission to the park and program so it's not like I'm cheating Disney - nor am I actually planning or hoping that this situation will come up. But DH gets unpredictable migraines sometimes that would prevent him from going.

Thanks, loveysbydesign! Can I ask, when was this? How did it actually work, did you show up to the park that AM with DH's ticket? Did you tell Disney you were swapping chaperones or just get in with DH's ticket? From reading, it seemed that in the past there wasn't as much way to connect the ticket with the individual it belonged to (other than a signature). With the possible summer release of MyMagic+ bands, I'm concerned that if that ticket gets transfered to the band, there will be an id check or finger scan required. Am I overthinking this - or worrying about issues that Disney won't make a big deal about? The fact is that DS will attend the program and I will have paid for him and a chaparone's admission to the park and program so it's not like I'm cheating Disney - nor am I actually planning or hoping that this situation will come up. But DH gets unpredictable migraines sometimes that would prevent him from going.

You can just use your ticket to get in.

That quote of mine was from awhile ago - back when the price savings was very significant. However, the made major changes to the pricing for this years YES classes, which makes the prices savings for some families very small. With the new pricing this year, this program wouldn't be nearly the deal that it was the past few years, which is a bummer because my kids really liked the classes and combining the tickets savings with staying offsite is what allowed us to afford to go 2 years in a row.
I agree..last time we saved like 40%, now it is only about 20%. We got 6 day premium tix.(ph and wp&m)for 5(4 adults 1 child) of us for just under $1400.

You can just use your ticket to get in.

Would that work if I didn't get my ticket from YES? I'm going to be on an AP this year. Since you HAVE to buy one ticket from YES for the chaparoning adult, I was going to get DHs through them. However AAA has better prices for non-attending children and adults.

The classes sound fun. I think DS might enjoy one next Summer, but I'm not seeing much savings on tickets, as compared to the Mousesavers Newsletter Undercover Tourist discount. In fact, once you add tax, I think the Undercover Tourist price is lower. Is there some detail I'm missing? :confused3

It actually saves my family about $360.00

Here is the break down (and I am using PH with WPnM tickets)...for 7 days:
Adult MS/UC tickets 3@$375.95 = $1127.85
Child MS/UC tickets 3@$358.95 = $1076.85
Total $2204.70

With YES:IE
Adult - NP 1 368.9 = 368.9
Adult - Part 1 380.86 = 380.86
Child - NP 1 354.8 = 354.8
Child - Part 3 247.29 = 741.87
Total 1846.43

Break down of savings....
Difference between MS/UT
Adult NP 1@ 7.05
Adult 1@ -4.91
Child NP 1@ 4.15
Child 2@ 111.66 Total 223.32
A/Child 1@ 128.66 (Child, treated as Adult above)
Total Savings $358.27

As you can see, the only ticket we "loose" money on is the Participating adult, and it is less than $5. Now, if you want to figure in the cost of the educational program to the savings...it is $30 per program/participant. We have 3 participating in programs..so that is $90.

The above prices all include tax.

Would that work if I didn't get my ticket from YES? I'm going to be on an AP this year. Since you HAVE to buy one ticket from YES for the chaparoning adult, I was going to get DHs through them. However AAA has better prices for non-attending children and adults.

We did the program last year. We did all have YES tickets so I cannot say I've done what you are talking about. However, when we went through the turnstiles, no one was there to check your tickets. You just entered like normal. So I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem to use your ticket if you end up being the chaperone. Maybe someone else will have first hand experience.

Happy to announce that we are signed up for the classes at EPCOT on 6/25!!!
Oldest ds and dd are doing Everyday Chemistry and youngest ds is doing Synergy in Science. Anyone else joing us?

Did the prices just go up?

I went to the website today to relook at everything and it seemed a bit more expensive than a few weeks ago. :confused3

Did the prices just go up?

I went to the website today to relook at everything and it seemed a bit more expensive than a few weeks ago. :confused3

I compared to a price chart I cut and pasted a while back and the prices still show the same.

I compared to a price chart I cut and pasted a while back and the prices still show the same.

You're right. I went and found my paperwork and it's still the same. I'm not sure why I thought that. I guess I'm still sticker shocked!! :rotfl2:

We are a family of 7. 3 older teenagers and 12 and 9 year old. If 12 and 9 year old participate in a program can I buy tickets for all 7 of us?

We are a family of 7. 3 older teenagers and 12 and 9 year old. If 12 and 9 year old participate in a program can I buy tickets for all 7 of us?

You only get discounts on the children that sign up for a class, approx $100 pet ticket for a 6 day Premium ticket. I signed all three of my kids up, but the two tickets I bought for my wife and I weren't much of a discount, if any at all. They were a little cheaper if you assign each adult as accompanying each child. I learned on Friday that my company offers a discount that would have been $40 cheaper for each adult tickets.

I have a son who I think would enjoy the YES program, even taking out the cost savings. I was starting to try to figure out how this works, got confused and thought I would come here with my questions. DH and I have annual passes, our kids (8,7, and 3) do not. I was thinking of signing the 8 year old up for YES, and by doing so I need a park ticket for the parent coming with him, correct? Do they need to use that ticket to get into the park for the program? Can we just enter with our AP? That ticket I need to buy (minimum of 3 days, right?) - can it be used at a later date? It seems like YES is a great deal for children's tickets but not necessarily for parents.

I have a son who I think would enjoy the YES program, even taking out the cost savings. I was starting to try to figure out how this works, got confused and thought I would come here with my questions. DH and I have annual passes, our kids (8,7, and 3) do not. I was thinking of signing the 8 year old up for YES, and by doing so I need a park ticket for the parent coming with him, correct? Do they need to use that ticket to get into the park for the program? Can we just enter with our AP? That ticket I need to buy (minimum of 3 days, right?) - can it be used at a later date? It seems like YES is a great deal for children's tickets but not necessarily for parents.

I'd enroll the two older kids in the yes class and use the third ticket for the three year old. They can't be used at a later date.

We are looking doing a class in Oct. There is only one class that will accommodate us, Animal Behaviors, because we will have a 7 and 12 year old. How many people need to be signed up for the class to not be canceled. If they do cancel do they give you option or another class? Has anyone have there class cancelled? The thought of scrambling to get tickets at the last min. is crazy. Any experience on this would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter