Disney Y.E.S. Program

I'm sorry! You are right! I missed that she was trying to go to 10. Blaming the migraine meds for stupidity!

I'm sorry! You are right! I missed that she was trying to go to 10. Blaming the migraine meds for stupidity!

Haha well that's a good excuse for misreading something! I get migraines too, though only occasionally, and they're horrible. :faint:

jcemom said:
Haha well that's a good excuse for misreading something! I get migraines too, though only occasionally, and they're horrible. :faint:

Ugh. This one is down to just icky. In pretty sure it exploded at 4am!

Any one have any new reports about the ticket pick up's or the classes from the last couple of weeks? We are looking forward to our class on the 12th at MK. Looks like from the web site all the February classes filled up.

Well I did find out that 8 days is the longest you can get on the tickets. So we added in the Water parks to make up for the difference. I did ask about the Disney MyMagic+ and this is the response that I received:

My Magic+ will included with the Disney Youth Education Series ticket packages you purchased, and should be released and available by the time of your scheduled June 21, arrival date. You will be emailed a Disney Reservation Number with barcode once My Magic+ is available, approximately 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. Details of My Magic+ will be included in that email.

Please let me know that you received this email okay, and if you have any additional questions.

Thank you and enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!

So it looks like the YES tickets will indeed work with MyMagic+. :cool1: I hadn't seen this posted yet so I thought I'd share. Now how far before June 21st is still a mystery :)

Well I did find out that 8 days is the longest you can get on the tickets. So we added in the Water parks to make up for the difference. I did ask about the Disney MyMagic+ and this is the response that I received:

My Magic+ will included with the Disney Youth Education Series ticket packages you purchased, and should be released and available by the time of your scheduled June 21, arrival date. You will be emailed a Disney Reservation Number with barcode once My Magic+ is available, approximately 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. Details of My Magic+ will be included in that email.

Please let me know that you received this email okay, and if you have any additional questions.

Thank you and enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!

So it looks like the YES tickets will indeed work with MyMagic+. :cool1: I hadn't seen this posted yet so I thought I'd share. Now how far before June 21st is still a mystery :)

is this reservation number different from the one that was issued as soon as you purchased the disney tickets through yes? We received the ticket order confirmation after we signed up our son for June... now im confused...

Apparently it will be a totally different number / bar code. I printed out the bar code from the initial payment already as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I am happy we won't be left out.

The code/barcode will be the one associated with the ticket - the one that will likely be on the ticket when you actually get it. Because of MM+, they need to get these codes to guests in advance.

Question for those interested in getting the MyMagic+.

Why would you want to be tied up with only three options per day at one park only?

When (if still available) you can use the existing FP and get as many tickets as you want an any park you are going to that day.

I was thinking that if you were able to do both then the MyMagic+ would be great until the fine print of not being able to use the existing FP once you convert to the MyMagic RFID card.

I ask this to all. I am just trying to figure out what I may be missing.

I already know that getting some FP+ tickets to hard to get rides without going to RD is a plus. And possibly being able to see Wishes without the wait could also be a plus.

But seems like I am giving up too much flexibility for these two pluses.

Sorry also don't want to hijack the thread to what this is really about with the YES program. I am anxiously waiting for the September dates to be released.

Why would you want to be tied up with only three options per day at one park only?

FP+ and the current FP system are not mutually exclusive. I'd love to use FP+ for things that we'd normally send a FP volunteer to get. Or things that run out of FP really early (like Toy Story Mania).

Let's not let this discussion get out of hand - it's off topic, and even when it was on topic things got out of hand and the threads closed...

When (if still available) you can use the existing FP and get as many tickets as you want an any park you are going to that day.

I was thinking that if you were able to do both then the MyMagic+ would be great until the fine print of not being able to use the existing FP once you convert to the MyMagic RFID card.

I ask this to all. I am just trying to figure out what I may be missing.

I already know that getting some FP+ tickets to hard to get rides without going to RD is a plus. And possibly being able to see Wishes without the wait could also be a plus.

But seems like I am giving up too much flexibility for these two pluses.

Sorry also don't want to hijack the thread to what this is really about with the YES program. I am anxiously waiting for the September dates to be released.

You are basing those assumptions based only on what we know at this time of a system that is not in place yet and has not been tested fully. The limit of three and tiering of what you can get is known to apply to getting them in advance - whether any will be available during the day is a different question. The math however seems to imply there won't be.

FP+ and the current FP system are not mutually exclusive. I'd love to use FP+ for things that we'd normally send a FP volunteer to get. Or things that run out of FP really early (like Toy Story Mania).

Actually, they are mutually exclusive. Per the Terms and Conditions on the web site, once you are converted to use FastPass+, you will be unable to use the regular Fastpass system.

It is also expected that the regular system will go away once everyone can use FastPass+ (not certain), so there may not be a choice in the end.

I'm just glad to hear confirmation that Y.E.S. ticket holders will have the option to opt in and have my magic+ available. I'm waiting to hear how it all works and pans out but I was worried that if I enrolled in the YES program for August, I wouldn't even have the opportunity. YES tickets will save my family $600 but I wasn't sure that would be worth it if they took away regular fp by August (not saying that this is happening, just looking at all possibilities) and then we wouldn't be able to use fp+. But now knowing that we will be included in whatever will work best for us makes me ready to sign up.
So thanks for posting that email Spacy9!

houseful of boys said:
I'm just glad to hear confirmation that Y.E.S. ticket holders will have the option to opt in and have my magic+ available. I'm waiting to hear how it all works and pans out but I was worried that if I enrolled in the YES program for August, I wouldn't even have the opportunity. YES tickets will save my family $600 but I wasn't sure that would be worth it if they took away regular fp by August (not saying that this is happening, just looking at all possibilities) and then we wouldn't be able to use fp+. But now knowing that we will be included in whatever will work best for us makes me ready to sign up.
So thanks for posting that email Spacy9!

How is it saving that much? I looked into it and we'd only save $60. 6 day tix for 2 kids, 2 adults...but only 1 child is old enough for program so maybe that's why :(

Momma2PrinceNPrinces said:
How is it saving that much? I looked into it and we'd only save $60. 6 day tix for 2 kids, 2 adults...but only 1 child is old enough for program so maybe that's why :(

Because I have a big, expensive family. If I don't do YES, I have to pay for 4 adults and 2 kids 8 day hoppers from undercover tourist is around $2200. But all 4 of my kids can take classes and we can work it so only one adult is a chaperone. So 4 student, 1 adult attending, and 1 adult not attending 8 day hoppers is $1668. It's still less of a savings than last year. Last year I saved $900!

Because I have a big, expensive family. If I don't do YES, I have to pay for 4 adults and 2 kids 8 day hoppers from undercover tourist is around $2200. But all 4 of my kids can take classes and we can work it so only one adult is a chaperone. So 4 student, 1 adult attending, and 1 adult not attending 8 day hoppers is $1668. It's still less of a savings than last year. Last year I saved $900!

yep... the savings is only really beneficial now to a larger family compared to last year... We are considering for our next trip, but the non refunable/changeable worries me with such a large family lol..

sorry about my earlier post.

I don't want to hijack or get a good thread closed by any means.

I do have a question.

Does anyone know about when they release the date in fall for Homeschool day?

I am waiting to purchase our tickets for our trip hoping that the home school day and our trip will coincide.

Our trip is from September 21st to October 5th.

Any one have any new reports about the ticket pick up's or the classes from the last couple of weeks? We are looking forward to our class on the 12th at MK. Looks like from the web site all the February classes filled up.

We just got home 2 days ago. We were able to pick up our tickets at guest relations in Downtown Disney (next to Ghiradelli's) with no issues.
We did the How things Move class on Feb 5. My DD is 7.5 so I was a little worried that she would be bored in a class for ages 5-7. The kids in her group were all 5 and 6. I was pleasantly surprised. Her teacher for the day, Jeanne, did a great job engaging and challenging her as well as keeping the younger kids engaged at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter